Warning

Close

Confirm Action

Are you sure you wish to do this?

Confirm Cancel
BCM
User Panel

Posted: 4/25/2017 8:07:01 PM EDT
I am currently in the police academy and I am searching for a good handheld light to use as well as a basket weave light holder for it. Ive always carried and used SFs from E2Ds, E2D LEDs, Scouts etc and am a big fan of SF but wouldnt mind something else such as Streamlight or so on. This will be used in the academy as well as on the road.
Link Posted: 4/25/2017 10:58:04 PM EDT
[#1]
Also currently in the academy. I went with a Fenix TK20R. It's small, powerful, and charges off a USB cord. As for the holder I got a Bianchi Compact Light Holder.Saves some room on the belt but still holds the light securely.
Link Posted: 4/25/2017 11:11:10 PM EDT
[#2]
Ive got 22 years in LEO and counting. 19 of those have been with the same Streamlight metal Rechargeable Stinger. Been through prob 5 batteries and a couple bulbs in that time. Upgraded it to a drop in LED head about 5 years ago and it's still going strong. Mine has the tailwind switch which makes it easier to used with a pistol.

I just used an simple open top loop type holder on my belt, similar to what SoCal posted above.

I also carry a full size metal streamlight in my bag and a smaller rechargeable (can't remember the brand) carried in my thigh pocket of my duty pants.

Just remember 2 is 1 and 1 is none.

Good luck in the academy and in the job hunt.

J-
Link Posted: 4/27/2017 8:25:58 PM EDT
[#3]
Thank you. I ended up going with a Streamlight Stringer DL HL. Its a bit big and I may need to get a different type of light holder but I think itll work out fine. I play to also carry a Surefire E2D LED in my pocket as well and I am issues a Streamlight TLR1 HL so I should be covered for night shift.
Link Posted: 4/28/2017 12:25:26 AM EDT
[#4]
Stringer here as well, plus a fenix in my pocket as a back up, and a few cheaper lights from Walmart in my bail out bag.
Link Posted: 5/1/2017 7:40:43 PM EDT
[#5]
I like the surefire peacekeeper, but it is expensive. I bought it during the famous 50% off surefire screwup a while back.  

I have the fenix PD35- neat light- but I've had some issues with other fenix lights, so I don't completely trust it yet.
Link Posted: 5/1/2017 10:05:33 PM EDT
[#6]
I carry a Streamlight stinger DS LED HL and a smaller Streamlight stylus pro USB.

The big flashlight I mainly use when approaching cars or people when outside. I find it too big when conducting searches on anything really that doesn't need a ton of light so I switch over to the smaller one for that. The smaller one can clip to my vest pocket and leave on so it's great when I'm taking notes and have an extra free hand that used to be used holding my flashlight.

Everyone has their own way of doing things, I'm sure you'll figure it out as time goes on.
Link Posted: 5/1/2017 11:24:31 PM EDT
[#7]
My smaller back up that I carry in my cargo pocket is a Streamlight ProTac  HL USB and is very bright for its size. Makes a great secondary/backup light.

J-
Link Posted: 5/4/2017 12:37:17 AM EDT
[#8]
FD & EMS my edc is a SF Fury defender running on 17670 rechargeable batts. 
Close Join Our Mail List to Stay Up To Date! Win a FREE Membership!

Sign up for the ARFCOM weekly newsletter and be entered to win a free ARFCOM membership. One new winner* is announced every week!

You will receive an email every Friday morning featuring the latest chatter from the hottest topics, breaking news surrounding legislation, as well as exclusive deals only available to ARFCOM email subscribers.

By signing up you agree to our User Agreement. *Must have a registered ARFCOM account to win.
Top Top