Close

Confirm Action

Are you sure you wish to do this?

Confirm Cancel
BCM
User Panel

Site Notices
Posted: 3/28/2017 8:46:15 AM EDT
How many days do you wear your uniform without washing?  Also, do you dry clean or wash them yourself?
Link Posted: 3/28/2017 11:33:25 AM EDT
[#1]
2 days in summer. 4 days in winter. That's typical but can change if I get it muddy or dirty while working. Wash myself but do like to have then professionally cleaned and pressed every so often.

Vest carrier washed once per week in the summer and every 2-3 weeks in the winter with half a cap (not half a cup!) of bleach and the hottest water I can. Need to kill the funk.
Link Posted: 3/28/2017 1:40:54 PM EDT
[#2]
Night shift 2-3, day shift 1, maybe 2.  That's summer, winter is 2-3 for day or night.  Assuming no fights, chases, or searching wooded/less developed areas, of course.  

I don't care for dry cleaning anymore, I iron the sleeves for the crease.  BUT we've switched to an "outer carrier" and the undershirts are a bit iffy to me for ironing.
Link Posted: 3/29/2017 8:11:57 AM EDT
[#3]
Generally only a day. In the summer you get sweaty; in the winter you get covered in grime from the road salt. I wash mine. If I had everything laundered and charged to my uniform allowance, I'd never have any money to order replacement gear
Link Posted: 3/29/2017 9:36:14 AM EDT
[#4]
One day.  Way to many nasty people out there.  Wash, starch and iron my own stuff.....OCD is a terrible thing.
Link Posted: 3/30/2017 1:27:35 PM EDT
[#5]
One day
Link Posted: 3/30/2017 1:29:55 PM EDT
[#6]
Shirt a few days...pants daily and just traditional washer and dryer.  I get the cheap LA police gear nylon cargo pants in our uniform color.
Link Posted: 3/30/2017 4:57:08 PM EDT
[#7]
I may wear a flight suit up to a week depending on how many days I'm flying, but I don't wear it all day long, just while I'm airborne a few hours at a time.  When I was a patrolman I got two days per uniform.  I wash my flight suits myself.  Back on patrol the city I worked for paid for dry cleaning so at least once a week I was dropping a load off.
Link Posted: 3/30/2017 6:43:42 PM EDT
[#8]
I have enough uniforms to wear a fresh clean one each shift. Once all 5 have been worn I'll wash them myself then hang them back up.
Link Posted: 3/31/2017 4:35:00 PM EDT
[#9]
Discussion ForumsJump to Quoted PostQuote History
Quoted:
One day.  Way to many nasty people out there.  Wash, starch and iron my own stuff.....OCD is a terrible thing.
View Quote
This.  Except for the wash and starch.  Luckily mine don't need it.
Link Posted: 4/1/2017 8:57:34 AM EDT
[#10]
Typically two days, unless it looked or smelled dirty. Pants/shirt would generally get a misting with Febreze after the first day. I douse my vest in that shit and lay it in front of a fan with the insides facing up to dry faster. In the "winter," I might wear a class B three days in a row but the polo shirts they gave us last fall always got washed after two.

Usually washed the carrier every few weeks, uniforms almost always get washed at the house except for my class A shirt.
Link Posted: 4/1/2017 3:26:12 PM EDT
[#11]
Link Posted: 4/4/2017 10:18:21 AM EDT
[#12]
One day only, our agency furnishes us with plenty (six sets in total). They are also contracted with a local dry cleaner so we can drop them off and pick them up each week on our off days. I always keep a spare in my locker too just in case of blood pathogens, sweat or it gets soiled in general EMS ways.
Link Posted: 4/7/2017 6:49:47 PM EDT
[#13]
Link Posted: 4/8/2017 2:51:41 AM EDT
[#14]
Discussion ForumsJump to Quoted PostQuote History
Quoted:
I have enough uniforms to wear a fresh clean one each shift. Once all 5 have been worn I'll wash them myself then hang them back up.
View Quote
Right Here
Link Posted: 4/8/2017 3:09:25 AM EDT
[#15]
One day.  Get way too sweaty after 1 shift.  We wash our own stuff here.
Close Join Our Mail List to Stay Up To Date! Win a FREE Membership!

Sign up for the ARFCOM weekly newsletter and be entered to win a free ARFCOM membership. One new winner* is announced every week!

You will receive an email every Friday morning featuring the latest chatter from the hottest topics, breaking news surrounding legislation, as well as exclusive deals only available to ARFCOM email subscribers.

By signing up you agree to our User Agreement. *Must have a registered ARFCOM account to win.
Top Top