Warning

Close

Confirm Action

Are you sure you wish to do this?

Confirm Cancel
BCM
User Panel

Posted: 3/27/2017 8:22:33 PM EDT
Do any Medics run with tactical teams?  If so what do you carry on your vest and in your bag?
Link Posted: 4/1/2017 4:10:12 PM EDT
[#1]
Link Posted: 4/2/2017 8:03:57 AM EDT
[#2]
Thanks man I was just wondering.  I am a member of our Disturbance Control Team here in the federal prison system.  I don't have any problems with getting weapons systems.  My problem is our medical equipment or lack therof.  We have no ACLS drugs and trying to get issued needles for starting IV's and such is like jumping through hoops.  I have a Blackhawk stomp bag pretty much almost where I want it right now.  Next step is my MOLLE Vest they issued the new guys MOLLE with no pouches so I am trying to decide where, what and how I want to utilize all the real estate.  I will try and get a picture of my bag up for reference one of these days.
Link Posted: 4/12/2017 9:10:30 PM EDT
[#3]
Ours is a local ER doc who has a LE background and is expected to perform just like anyone else in the stick.
Link Posted: 4/13/2017 7:38:15 PM EDT
[#4]
Ours used to be a team member who was an EMT prior to getting into LE. The dept paid to keep his EMT stuff current. Now that we are part of a large county wide team they are guys from the county wide ambulance company. While they are not armed (last I heard) they have gone through pretty substantial entry and tactics training, have heavy vests/plates, helmets etc.

edit. sorry not sure what their load out is for med equipment anymore but when we had our own team the medic carried a small backpack with blow out type equipment in it. He had a big kit in the truck too. He was always stacked middle/back and was not responsible for breaching, bangs etc unless it was absolutely necessary or the ram made it to him on a hard door etc.

J-
Link Posted: 4/14/2017 8:51:51 AM EDT
[#5]
Our County has Medics attached to the SWAT team.
They go through selection, lots of additional training, weekly drills and PT.
I'll get the details on what gear they load out with.
Link Posted: 4/18/2017 4:33:31 PM EDT
[#6]
Discussion ForumsJump to Quoted PostQuote History
Quoted:
Thanks man I was just wondering.  I am a member of our Disturbance Control Team here in the federal prison system.  I don't have any problems with getting weapons systems.  My problem is our medical equipment or lack therof.  We have no ACLS drugs and trying to get issued needles for starting IV's and such is like jumping through hoops.  I have a Blackhawk stomp bag pretty much almost where I want it right now.  Next step is my MOLLE Vest they issued the new guys MOLLE with no pouches so I am trying to decide where, what and how I want to utilize all the real estate.  I will try and get a picture of my bag up for reference one of these days.
View Quote
Loretto? If so, PM me.
Link Posted: 4/19/2017 6:28:02 PM EDT
[#7]
Lewisburg
Link Posted: 6/27/2017 1:14:52 PM EDT
[#8]
What is your plan? Stay n´play?
We do treat n´run.
You can't do that lifesaving surgery anyway.
But I am sure you already know that.
We carry small backpacks like the Tasmanian Tiger Medic assault pack or the TT first responder. But last one slows me down too much.
Beside STB and airway management I pack one IV set, a stiff neck and a hand operated draw off pump.
Keep your Pax warm and make sure you know which Hospital is the right one to run to if you have not placed a Medivac/Rescue unit outside, or have called the
station before you do your entry or what ever.
This is how we roll. Plug the holes, let him breath, keep him warm and run him to the next hosp. with max. casualty care.
Link Posted: 6/29/2017 5:35:43 PM EDT
[#9]
a larger department i was next to, put trauma doctors through their high liability training in the police academy, the doctors then answered non-conflicting swat calls
Close Join Our Mail List to Stay Up To Date! Win a FREE Membership!

Sign up for the ARFCOM weekly newsletter and be entered to win a free ARFCOM membership. One new winner* is announced every week!

You will receive an email every Friday morning featuring the latest chatter from the hottest topics, breaking news surrounding legislation, as well as exclusive deals only available to ARFCOM email subscribers.

By signing up you agree to our User Agreement. *Must have a registered ARFCOM account to win.
Top Top