Warning

Close

Confirm Action

Are you sure you wish to do this?

Confirm Cancel
BCM
User Panel

Posted: 3/27/2017 11:37:17 AM EDT
My dept. is looking at replacing our current rifles and the idea of buying some 10.5" FNs has been floating around.

Anyone know of some agencies who issue short rifles?

Link Posted: 3/27/2017 1:40:31 PM EDT
[#1]
We issue DD 10.5 inch.
What you want to know?
Link Posted: 3/27/2017 9:43:22 PM EDT
[#2]
Discussion ForumsJump to Quoted PostQuote History
Quoted:
We issue DD 10.5 inch.
What you want to know?
View Quote
Any changes in policy or talks of liability?  (I don't see there being any difference but admin ask)

I was also looking for a list of departments issuing them.
Link Posted: 3/27/2017 9:47:56 PM EDT
[#3]
The bullet is what you are liable for.  How it gets there is not relevant.  

Take steps to ensure the bullet is sent via the most responsible, safe, and precise method.
Link Posted: 3/27/2017 10:04:03 PM EDT
[#4]
Department of the Army since 1966. Department of the Navy 1966. Both used extensively in Viet Nam by SF and SEALS.

Been around now for over 50 years, now called CQBR and MK 18. Long standing history of use.

They have their advantages and limitations like any other firearm and an optimal range and target.
Link Posted: 3/27/2017 10:30:50 PM EDT
[#5]
We issue Colt 6933's to everyone. 10.5 or 16, liability is going to be the same.
Link Posted: 3/30/2017 5:00:22 PM EDT
[#6]
My agency will issue a 10.5 upper upon request (if one is available at the time of the request) when we send in gov't owned rifles for maintenance/rebarrelling.  But for NFA reasons they won't issue that upper for use on a personally owned rifle.  I'm happy with a 16" myself.  Shooting next to a guy with one of those 10.5s on the range is murder.
Link Posted: 3/31/2017 8:09:01 PM EDT
[#7]
Our patrol rifles are colt commandos. 11.5". Love them. No issues.
Link Posted: 4/1/2017 6:34:28 PM EDT
[#8]
Proper handling and use inside a vehicle. They are valuable tools able to be used within the car.

Had a couple experiences where I was glad to have the 10.5. I would not have been able to do the same with a 16"rifle.
Link Posted: 4/2/2017 10:21:23 AM EDT
[#9]
Moore police dept. in Oklahoma issue 11 inch Colts. I am sure if you contacted them they could help you with your questions.
Link Posted: 4/3/2017 1:27:12 PM EDT
[#10]
Discussion ForumsJump to Quoted PostQuote History
Quoted:

Any changes in policy or talks of liability?  (I don't see there being any difference but admin ask)

I was also looking for a list of departments issuing them.
View Quote
The only thing we changed was to add the rifle to the list of authorized weapons.
I'm with Pickens Co. S.O. in GA
I also know that Cherokee Co issues SBR along with city of Canton and city of Woodstock. All in GA.
Close Join Our Mail List to Stay Up To Date! Win a FREE Membership!

Sign up for the ARFCOM weekly newsletter and be entered to win a free ARFCOM membership. One new winner* is announced every week!

You will receive an email every Friday morning featuring the latest chatter from the hottest topics, breaking news surrounding legislation, as well as exclusive deals only available to ARFCOM email subscribers.

By signing up you agree to our User Agreement. *Must have a registered ARFCOM account to win.
Top Top