Close

Confirm Action

Are you sure you wish to do this?

Confirm Cancel
BCM
User Panel

Site Notices
Posted: 3/8/2017 11:09:04 PM EDT
Just started a new job and I need to get scrubs. I have never bought scrubs before so I'm clueless on what's good and what's crap

Any brands that are good/stay away from?
I'm also male, would like something heavy duty that won't quit on me (meaning will last for awhile)

Thanks for the help guys
Link Posted: 3/8/2017 11:32:02 PM EDT
[#1]
Not sure about scrubs cause my brother says he quit wearing them about 8 years ago. Yet he moved to management so that had a lot to do with it. He did say that they are comfy. And my aunt and her daughter are both nurses and wear them all the time and no complaints. I am going though PT and one of the PT guys said he hates them and then I pointed out my Tru-Spec pants and he said he likes them that they have the pockets lines scrubs yet don't fit and look like scrubs. Just my 2 cents.
Link Posted: 3/8/2017 11:37:22 PM EDT
[#2]
Discussion ForumsJump to Quoted PostQuote History
Quoted:
Not sure about scrubs cause my brother says he quit wearing them about 8 years ago. Yet he moved to management so that had a lot to do with it. He did say that they are comfy. And my aunt and her daughter are both nurses and wear them all the time and no complaints. I am going though PT and one of the PT guys said he hates them and then I pointed out my Tru-Spec pants and he said he likes them that they have the pockets lines scrubs yet don't fit and look like scrubs. Just my 2 cents.
View Quote
thanks for the info but there required for the job
Link Posted: 3/8/2017 11:45:04 PM EDT
[#3]
Carhartt Best scrub tops I've ever owned. I generally wear 5.11 pants with a Carhartt top.
Link Posted: 3/8/2017 11:53:56 PM EDT
[#4]
Discussion ForumsJump to Quoted PostQuote History
Quoted:
Carhartt Best scrub tops I've ever owned. I generally wear 5.11 pants with a Carhartt top.
View Quote
How are your Carhartts? I was thinking about getting some but the reviews say they don't last long due to the stitching

Also I don't know what type of scrub bottoms I can wear, I need to ask my HR tomorrow.

Also what 5.11 do you wear?
Link Posted: 3/9/2017 12:23:18 AM EDT
[#5]
Carhartt, they are great.  tops and bottoms.
Link Posted: 3/9/2017 10:07:03 AM EDT
[#6]
There are a number of scrub websites/ catalogs you can check out also if you have a number of hospitals in your area, you might have a scrub store. My wife is a RN, but she grabs hers from a bundle in her locker room. She gets a catalog once in awhile, wild as's patterns out there! Good luck.
Link Posted: 3/9/2017 2:37:24 PM EDT
[#7]
My wife is an RN in the ER and wears Koi scrubs and they definitely last, not sure if they make them for men.  Dickie's used to be a pretty good brand of scrubs for guys, not sure if that's still the case but worth checking out.
Link Posted: 3/9/2017 3:29:24 PM EDT
[#8]
Thanks for the feedback guys, I talked to my local shop that had scrubs and he said pretty much there all the same, All chinese crap that will last only a couple of years

I also got to try a Carhartt Scrub top and I liked it but it ran a little bit small, and was the base shirt that had one pocket

I'll keep doing research and try to come up with something, If anyone got any more info please feel free to post
Link Posted: 3/9/2017 4:20:32 PM EDT
[#9]
I have always liked the cut of the Dickies tops the best.  I usually buy whatever pants are cheap.   The cut of the top is most important to me.
Link Posted: 3/9/2017 8:02:37 PM EDT
[#10]
I had someone in the hospital I knew snag me a couple sets

I was delivering a sailboat from HI to Tacoma back in the 80s and they were the best things for comfort and sun protection in the tropics.
Link Posted: 3/10/2017 5:01:58 AM EDT
[#11]
When I was buying my own, Landau was hands down the best quality. They also actually make big/tall scrubs. I always had a bitch of a time because most are designed for women, even the "unisex" and I would always look like I was waiting for a flood or showing half of my waist when I put my arms up.

Now the hospital provides them for me so I wear whatever the hell cheap crap they provide.
Link Posted: 3/11/2017 2:39:36 PM EDT
[#12]
Thanks for the info guys, I ordered a set of Carhartts (I love carhartt products) and I'm going to wear them a couple of days before I start work to see how they are. If not I can return them for free

I'm going to let you guys know what I come up with
Link Posted: 3/13/2017 11:21:48 AM EDT
[#13]
Bit late, but, get a brand with a front zipper. The draw strings can bind up and make it a pain in the ass to take a piss.
Link Posted: 4/11/2017 12:26:16 AM EDT
[#14]
Close Join Our Mail List to Stay Up To Date! Win a FREE Membership!

Sign up for the ARFCOM weekly newsletter and be entered to win a free ARFCOM membership. One new winner* is announced every week!

You will receive an email every Friday morning featuring the latest chatter from the hottest topics, breaking news surrounding legislation, as well as exclusive deals only available to ARFCOM email subscribers.

By signing up you agree to our User Agreement. *Must have a registered ARFCOM account to win.
Top Top