Warning

Close

Confirm Action

Are you sure you wish to do this?

Confirm Cancel
BCM
User Panel

Posted: 3/2/2017 6:55:39 AM EDT
So we are looking at adding a couple 40mm launchers for the less lethal area. Anyone have first hand knowledge of a good launcher?
Link Posted: 3/2/2017 7:29:06 PM EDT
[#1]
Single or multi? For what type of use?
Link Posted: 3/3/2017 11:52:28 AM EDT
[#2]
Milkor Defense MGL-LTL.
Link Posted: 3/4/2017 2:14:16 AM EDT
[#3]
My agency (corrections) uses Defense Technology and Penn Arms 37 and 40mm single and multi launchers. They work great. The only issues I've ever seen with them in that we had a pump action 40mm multi launcher that the timing was off on. Honestly, I prefer it when we had the older wind up cylinder Penn Arms launchers.

I would stick with a 40mm single launcher. A multi launcher just isn't needed unless your running direct impact munitions and need a quick follow up shot or are in a riot situation where you need to put out a lot of chemical agent munitions quickly.
Link Posted: 3/10/2017 6:07:34 AM EDT
[#4]
We are looking at a single shot launcher and it will be mostly but not limited to fire impact rounds on people and moose.
Link Posted: 3/10/2017 3:40:42 PM EDT
[#5]
Discussion ForumsJump to Quoted PostQuote History
Quoted:
We are looking at a single shot launcher and it will be mostly but not limited to fire impact rounds on people and moose.
View Quote
@Striker to the white courtesy phone.
Link Posted: 3/11/2017 11:00:36 AM EDT
[#6]
Link Posted: 3/11/2017 7:16:29 PM EDT
[#7]
Discussion ForumsJump to Quoted PostQuote History
Quoted:
it's been my experience that barricade breaching rounds do nothing but piss the moose off.
View Quote
You're doing it wrong.  Try one of these:

It will be cooked and ready to eat afterwards!
Link Posted: 3/12/2017 12:01:44 AM EDT
[#8]
We have moose and a lot of them as we live in Alaska. Wood dowels or rubber rounds help the moose move along and larger the better. More people are attacked and killed by moose then bears each year. The boss is willing to fit the bill and we are ready to put these to work. Alaska like some parts of Canada are a little different to work than the lower 48. We have fun up here.
Link Posted: 4/7/2017 6:22:35 AM EDT
[#9]
Really good use out of the LMT launchers firing SDI BIP rds - I'm very impressed with the SDI rds.  Great tech on their design and most accurate 40mm LL I've ever shot
Link Posted: 4/11/2017 10:23:44 AM EDT
[#10]
We use 36/38 mm launchers single and multi round.  Most of the guys like single launchers due to the simplicity and less to go wrong.  We have had issues with the multi round launchers where they didn't cycle right.  YMMV
Close Join Our Mail List to Stay Up To Date! Win a FREE Membership!

Sign up for the ARFCOM weekly newsletter and be entered to win a free ARFCOM membership. One new winner* is announced every week!

You will receive an email every Friday morning featuring the latest chatter from the hottest topics, breaking news surrounding legislation, as well as exclusive deals only available to ARFCOM email subscribers.

By signing up you agree to our User Agreement. *Must have a registered ARFCOM account to win.
Top Top