Close

Confirm Action

Are you sure you wish to do this?

Confirm Cancel
BCM
User Panel

Site Notices
Posted: 2/8/2017 6:26:50 PM EDT
So, my Bates are falling apart and I'd like to get some that last more than 5 quarters... I've been drooling over the Hiax Airpower XR1 but if I'm blowing $300 on boots, I want to make an informed decision at the very least. What would y'all recommend, that would hopefully last a few years at least.
Link Posted: 2/8/2017 6:45:53 PM EDT
[#1]
Rocky Alphas are comfortable and side zip. Not very hard on wallet either.
Link Posted: 2/8/2017 7:14:31 PM EDT
[#2]
I have been in Fire/EMS for 17 yrs, and I am on only my second pair of Haix.  They are by far the best and most comfortable boot I have had.....spend the money and don't worry.
Link Posted: 2/8/2017 8:06:23 PM EDT
[#3]
The Haix are what I wear.  They're purely station boots as we issue Globe for tech rescue boots.  Mine have held up well.  Horrible for the first couple days, then feel like tennis shoes from there on out.  I've been getting about two years out of a pair.  Department buys them, if they were mine I could easily get another year or two out of them.
Link Posted: 2/9/2017 3:55:54 PM EDT
[#4]
whats the weight on those in OP?

I normally say screw it and order a new set of Valsetz side zip every 18 months. Same weight as most sneakers, but don't hold up well over time.
Link Posted: 2/10/2017 10:35:17 AM EDT
[#5]
I bought a pair of the Haix Airpower R1 factory seconds back in 2014 and I still wear them at the FD.  Now I only wear them every 3rd day but I could probably get another 2-3 years out of them.  They have held up the longest of any station boot I have ever owned.  I really don't know why they were 2nds, never found a defect on them.  They are heavy but you don't notice the weight while wearing them.  I plan on picking up a paid of Dr Scholls insoles to swap out.
Link Posted: 2/17/2017 2:26:56 AM EDT
[#6]
Had a pair of Haix R1's years ago and they were pretty good.  Replaced them with the R2 and those fit completely different; same size, width....

Looking into purchasing the Globe 10" station boot.  If they're anything like their bunker boots; they'll be comfortable and last.
Link Posted: 3/20/2017 9:39:47 AM EDT
[#7]
FYI, there's an additional $30 off the Hiax XR1 right now! Plus the 15% off code, I just ordered a pair for $231 and change. I'll let y'all know what I think of them when they come in.

https://www.haixusa.com/
Link Posted: 3/20/2017 2:54:16 PM EDT
[#8]
Discussion ForumsJump to Quoted PostQuote History
Quoted:
FYI, there's an additional $30 off the Hiax XR1 right now! Plus the 15% off code, I just ordered a pair for $231 and change. I'll let y'all know what I think of them when they come in.

https://www.haixusa.com/
View Quote
Hope you enjoy them. I have a pair of R1's i bought back in 2014. Wore them 5 days a week for EMS class and then last year for the fire academy. I also wore them for PD foot patrol. (I'm a trifecta of sorts). Last week I finally replaced the insoles for the 1st time. Let's just say the insoles were not the prettiest nor in the best shape .  

Knowing Haix was the company i wanted for my structure boots I went ahead and bought a pair of Fire heroes off of their factory second page. The main reason i wanted them was for a shorter structure boot that wouldn't catch my bunker gear when donning them in the academy. They held up just fine and were pretty comfortable compared to the Thorogood ones issued with the gear.
Link Posted: 3/26/2017 1:45:48 PM EDT
[#9]
Link Posted: 3/28/2017 1:12:38 PM EDT
[#10]
Link Posted: 4/12/2017 3:35:20 PM EDT
[#11]
We're over 2 weeks in, and I'm liking them! I think I've worn them all but a couple days non-stop. They are comfy after about day 3 and a couple tightenings of the ties holding the zipper to the boot. All in all, I'm pleased! We'll have to see if they hold up in 6 years though!
Close Join Our Mail List to Stay Up To Date! Win a FREE Membership!

Sign up for the ARFCOM weekly newsletter and be entered to win a free ARFCOM membership. One new winner* is announced every week!

You will receive an email every Friday morning featuring the latest chatter from the hottest topics, breaking news surrounding legislation, as well as exclusive deals only available to ARFCOM email subscribers.

By signing up you agree to our User Agreement. *Must have a registered ARFCOM account to win.
Top Top