Warning

Close

Confirm Action

Are you sure you wish to do this?

Confirm Cancel
BCM
User Panel

Posted: 2/1/2017 11:59:10 AM EDT
I'm ordering a G34 to carry on duty.  I'm interested in changing the front sight for something in night sight flavor.  What do you recommend?  What height for POA=POI?  Pics of your setup?  I'm not interested in changing the rear sight at this time.  I'm leaning toward something similar to the Trijicon HD front in yellow or orange.
Link Posted: 2/1/2017 12:03:48 PM EDT
[#1]
Trijicon HDs are my favorite pistol sight.

I don't think that's going to work well with a factory rear sight. It's not much more for the full set if you shop around.

But if you are hell bent on just the front sight., check out Dawson Precision. If you call them they will get you squared away.
Link Posted: 2/1/2017 12:13:12 PM EDT
[#2]
Discussion ForumsJump to Quoted PostQuote History
Quoted:

I don't think that's going to work well with a factory rear sight. It's not much more for the full set if you shop around.

But if you are hell bent on just the front sight., check out Dawson Precision. If you call them they will get you squared away.
View Quote

This.

Your other option is the Glock factory NS install service.
Link Posted: 2/1/2017 12:22:43 PM EDT
[#3]
Quoted:

View Quote

This and sign up for promotive and get the discount.
Link Posted: 2/1/2017 2:26:35 PM EDT
[#4]
Anyone know what height a stock G34 sight is?
Link Posted: 2/1/2017 6:38:37 PM EDT
[#5]
Glock offers two different heights, 4.1mm and 4.9mm. I believe 4.1mm is stock with the option to use the 4.9mm if your point of impact is high.
Link Posted: 2/1/2017 9:04:56 PM EDT
[#6]
I like Big Dot sights. They are an acquired taste. They are also fast. Trijicons are good too though.
Link Posted: 2/1/2017 9:09:48 PM EDT
[#7]
Bite the bullet and get a set of U notch Trijicons in whichever color you prefer.
Link Posted: 2/1/2017 9:36:25 PM EDT
[#8]
Just dont get fiber optics for carry. They are always breaking and you have to thread new fiber thru the front.
Link Posted: 2/2/2017 3:46:40 AM EDT
[#9]
Fiber optics are a no go.  I ordered it yesterday, its supposed to be in Friday.  Still debating sights
Link Posted: 2/2/2017 9:01:36 AM EDT
[#10]
Do you actually like the 3/4 box rears? I can't stand them.
Link Posted: 2/2/2017 9:05:50 AM EDT
[#11]
Another vote for Trijicon HD's
Link Posted: 2/2/2017 5:42:45 PM EDT
[#12]
Quoted:
Do you actually like the 3/4 box rears? I can't stand them.
View Quote

I don't mind them.  I shoot pretty good with them actually.  My current carry is a G22 with Glock night sights.  I also ankle carry a G27 with the factory U sights.....  I'm more accurate with the G27!

I'm liking the Trijicon HD XR.   Red or Yellow?  I'm 31 and still have good eyesight.
Link Posted: 2/2/2017 6:48:23 PM EDT
[#13]
Quoted:

View Quote

I don't care for Dawson's fiber optic, the green dot is too small to pick up quickly.

Truglo TFX are all enclosed making them tolerate rough handling.

Good day and night.

Good Luck
Link Posted: 2/2/2017 9:56:27 PM EDT
[#14]
Ameriglo has their HD version, cheaper than trijicon.
Link Posted: 2/3/2017 10:04:49 AM EDT
[#15]
Quoted:
Ameriglo has their HD version, cheaper than trijicon.
View Quote

I've had the paint on the front of those fall out multiple times(like on several glocks). Ameriglo fixed it, but its simply not as robust as the Trijicon HD design.

The TFXs are pretty neat. But they are kind of mediocre at being FO and nightsights, not real bright but they work. Like a jack of all trades but master of none sorta thing.
Link Posted: 2/8/2017 10:22:15 AM EDT
[#16]
Ended up ordering the front and rear trijicon hd.  .230 height Orange front post.
Link Posted: 2/8/2017 2:34:24 PM EDT
[#17]
I think you made a good choice.
Link Posted: 2/15/2017 12:18:32 AM EDT
[#18]
Trijicon HD's are what are on my G34, love them on my duty gun. You chose wisely
Link Posted: 2/18/2017 7:23:28 PM EDT
[#19]
Close Join Our Mail List to Stay Up To Date! Win a FREE Membership!

Sign up for the ARFCOM weekly newsletter and be entered to win a free ARFCOM membership. One new winner* is announced every week!

You will receive an email every Friday morning featuring the latest chatter from the hottest topics, breaking news surrounding legislation, as well as exclusive deals only available to ARFCOM email subscribers.

By signing up you agree to our User Agreement. *Must have a registered ARFCOM account to win.
Top Top