Close

Confirm Action

Are you sure you wish to do this?

Confirm Cancel
BCM
User Panel

Site Notices
Posted: 10/14/2016 8:36:50 PM EDT
I am trying my best to suspend disbelief in attempting to watch the movie "Sicario" w/ tiny Emily Blunt as an FBI SWAT/HRT active member,,,My initial research finds no history of a female ever becoming an active member of this elite unit.  Could someone please give me a definite on this topic???? I would be stunned if a female has passed the rigorous physical requirement testing.
Link Posted: 10/14/2016 8:55:55 PM EDT
[#1]
I have never heard of one on HRT. The SWAT teams do.
Link Posted: 10/14/2016 8:58:56 PM EDT
[#2]
TY...surprised if they were active/on-site vs. support personnel....
Link Posted: 10/14/2016 9:05:08 PM EDT
[#3]
And are you sure the movie is her about being HRT? Seems like an odd plot for HRT use.

I now have to watch the movie to see.
Link Posted: 10/14/2016 9:09:08 PM EDT
[#4]
She's on a SWAT team in the movie.
Link Posted: 10/14/2016 9:17:35 PM EDT
[#5]
Roger...they have the little Bambi as FBI HRT lead-agent at the films beginning...then gets recruited for same activity in a joint task-force against Mexican cartels...The movie got  7.6 om IMDB (2015)....I am having a hard time holding down my dinner watching this sissy Hollywood crap!
Link Posted: 10/14/2016 9:29:53 PM EDT
[#6]
they have the little Bambi as FBI HRT lead-agent at the films beginning...then gets recruited for same activity in a joint task-force against Mexican cartels...The movie got 7.6 om IMDB (2015)....I am having a hard time holding down my dinner watching this sissy Hollywood crap!
Link Posted: 10/14/2016 9:57:34 PM EDT
[#7]
Well, you've already suspended enough disbelief to believe that the Federal Bureau of Investigation has a legitimate need for a SWAT team in the first place, and that their SWAT team is some kind of magnificent elite unit with the skills of Delta SEALS.

Emily Blunt being a member is a relatively mild delusion in comparison
Link Posted: 10/14/2016 10:01:15 PM EDT
[#8]
Discussion ForumsJump to Quoted PostQuote History
Quoted:
Roger...they have the little Bambi as FBI HRT lead-agent at the films beginning...then gets recruited for same activity in a joint task-force against Mexican cartels...The movie got  7.6 om IMDB (2015)....I am having a hard time holding down my dinner watching this sissy Hollywood crap!
View Quote

For now, just mind the time.
Link Posted: 10/14/2016 10:21:03 PM EDT
[#9]
FBI SWAT =/= HRT
Link Posted: 10/14/2016 10:48:13 PM EDT
[#10]
FBI HRT and FBI SWAT are not the same.  There is a female operator on a multi-jurisdictional Swat team in my area that is a special agent. No idea if she is on the FBI regional team. I'm going to assume she probably went to FBI swat school and not Wisconsin DOJ basic swat.
Link Posted: 10/14/2016 10:49:07 PM EDT
[#11]
Hell, she was also the Angel of Verdun and I don't see anybody bitching about that.
Link Posted: 10/15/2016 12:37:05 AM EDT
[#12]
Quoted:
Well, you've already suspended enough disbelief to believe that the Federal Bureau of Investigation has a legitimate need for a SWAT team in the first place, and that their SWAT team is some kind of magnificent elite unit with the skills of Delta SEALS.

View Quote

Not familiar with HRT, are you?
Link Posted: 10/15/2016 1:10:09 AM EDT
[#13]

Quoted:

View Quote View All Quotes
View All Quotes
Quoted:
Quoted:

I am quite familiar with the exploits of Lon Horiuchi and the rest of the merry band of "WE HAVE A SWAT TEAM TOO!" How many hostages have they rescued again? Better question, have they a)rescued more hostages or b)killed more innocent people unnecessarily during their existence?

Or we could talk about their brilliant capture of the Boston bomber... oh wait, that was a concerned citizen who called 911 and got some actual police officers to respond and investigate.
You'll have to pardon me for not creaming my shorts over the thought of FBI dorks who wish they were real cops commandos calling each other operators and dressing up like mall ninjas.

Link Posted: 10/15/2016 1:20:20 AM EDT
[#14]
You really have no clue about HRT...

HRT has recruited directly from military spec ops for years now. Straight to HRT, no field agent first they try out BS... been that way for years.

It used to be recruited and applied to HRT from within, but finding those types in the rank and file of the bureau was few and far between. Most of the current HRT guys have never worked a case in the field...

So they arent navy-seal-delta-ranger wanna bees... they are the real deal...
Link Posted: 10/15/2016 1:38:18 AM EDT
[#15]

Quoted:

HRT has recruited directly from military spec ops for years now. Straight to HRT, no field agent first they try out BS... been that way for years.

It used to be recruited and applied to HRT from within, but finding those types in the rank and file of the bureau was few and far between. Most of the current HRT guys have never worked a case in the field...

View Quote

Link Posted: 10/15/2016 12:25:06 PM EDT
[#16]
Quoted:

View Quote

It will still take another decade to rebuild the reputation they lost in the 1990s.
Link Posted: 10/15/2016 12:33:59 PM EDT
[#17]
Quoted:
FBI SWAT =/= HRT
View Quote

Your Data on this is inaccurate
Link Posted: 10/15/2016 12:35:16 PM EDT
[#18]
WOAH!  Sour grapes perhaps?
Link Posted: 10/15/2016 12:38:01 PM EDT
[#19]
Great line, great actor!
Link Posted: 10/15/2016 12:45:19 PM EDT
[#20]
Quoted:
I have never heard of one on HRT. The SWAT teams do.
View Quote

As far as I know, there has never been a female HRT. There have been female FBI SWAT and Red Shirts which is something completely different.
Link Posted: 10/15/2016 12:48:42 PM EDT
[#21]
Quoted:

View All Quotes
Quoted:
Quoted:
FBI SWAT =/= HRT

No. It's just you.

FBI agents can elect to get SWAT training, it's not viewed as a career enhancer. They typically are deployed to local field offices/LEGATS and work as field agents.

Whereas FBI HRT is at Quanitco VA.
Link Posted: 10/16/2016 1:23:15 AM EDT
[#22]

Regional FBI SWAT guys are regular old agents who picked up a new collateral.  Some of them are good guys and I've heard of a couple gals in the ranks.  They have decent gear and decent training.  Most of the ones I've worked and trained with were your usual white bread CPA type agent.  Very different from the national assets on HRT.  

I agree that HRT and other Fed tactical teams were responsible for some large scale buffoonery but the rescue of the kid from the bunker in Alabama was pretty impressive.  

Link Posted: 10/18/2016 7:09:12 AM EDT
[#23]
Quoted:

View All Quotes
Quoted:
Quoted:

New Sicario thread!
Link Posted: 10/18/2016 10:54:37 AM EDT
[#24]

Quoted:
View All Quotes
Quoted:

Quoted:

FBI SWAT =/= HRT

FBI field offices all have SWAT teams.  

Link Posted: 10/18/2016 10:55:10 AM EDT
[#25]

Quoted:

I am trying my best to suspend disbelief in attempting to watch the movie "Sicario" w/ tiny Emily Blunt as an FBI SWAT/HRT active member,,,My initial research finds no history of a female ever becoming an active member of this elite unit.  Could someone please give me a definite on this topic???? I would be stunned if a female has passed the rigorous physical requirement testing.
View Quote
SWAT is different than HRT.  Just enjoy the movie.  It's good.

Link Posted: 10/18/2016 11:26:23 AM EDT
[#26]
But that was the whole point, that Judy was the first rabbit cop.
Link Posted: 10/19/2016 3:08:13 AM EDT
[#27]
1. SWAT and HRT are vastly different.
2. There can be a place for females or extremely small statured males on a tactical team.  (Who else is going to clear crawl spaces, attics, tunnels, etc.)

Quoted:

Regional FBI SWAT guys are regular old agents who picked up a new collateral.  Some of them are good guys and I've heard of a couple gals in the ranks.  They have decent gear and decent training.  Most of the ones I've worked and trained with were your usual white bread CPA type agent.  Very different from the national assets on HRT.  

I agree that HRT and other Fed tactical teams were responsible for some large scale buffoonery but the rescue of the kid from the bunker in Alabama was pretty impressive.  

View All Quotes
Quoted:

The Alabama rescue was extremely impressive. One of the guys sole purpose was to drop down and use his body as a shield to protect the little boy from bullets. Talk about dedication.  

Quoted:
Quoted:

It will still take another decade to rebuild the reputation they lost in the 1990s.

1. They aren't actively trying to fix their reputation. Most people have no idea what happened in the 90s and do not care. And most people really don't pay attention to anything they do.
2. They are primarily comprised of former operators and their training is done with active operators.  HRT is as competent as Delta or the SEAL's at this point.

Agents are another story and for the most part have little tactical or law enforcement competency.  They are useful for sitting behind a desk shuffling paperwork and watching surveillance video...
Link Posted: 10/20/2016 9:55:31 AM EDT
[#28]
Quoted:

I am quite familiar with the exploits of Lon Horiuchi and the rest of the merry band of "WE HAVE A SWAT TEAM TOO!" How many hostages have they rescued again? Better question, have they a)rescued more hostages or b)killed more innocent people unnecessarily during their existence?

Or we could talk about their brilliant capture of the Boston bomber... oh wait, that was a concerned citizen who called 911 and got some actual police officers to respond and investigate.

You'll have to pardon me for not creaming my shorts over the thought of FBI dorks who wish they were real cops commandos calling each other operators and dressing up like mall ninjas.

View All Quotes
Quoted:
Quoted:
Quoted:

How do I subscribe to your newsletter?   Serious question
Link Posted: 10/20/2016 9:58:45 AM EDT
[#29]

The last woman I saw on a SWAT team shot the hostage in the shoot house.
Link Posted: 10/20/2016 12:13:32 PM EDT
[#30]
I hear a lot of you cats talking shit about Women "Operators".  I've worked with several such unicorns from the CS, and ISA types.  The level of patriotism, dedications, and enthusiasm I have seen was refreshing.  Several were barely out of college when recruited, and they could shoot, scoot, communicate and operate just like the rest of my Team cats.  These rare unicorns are out there and they are damn competent and dangerous.  Be glad they are on our side.

Full disclosure, I am married to one of them.  She is what is termed a honey badger inside the school house.  I would challenge any of you to undergo the selection process they are subjected to.  The mental endurance games alone will wash out most cats on the forum.

18Z50....I put the suffering into selection.
Link Posted: 10/21/2016 6:13:11 PM EDT
[#31]
Quoted:

The last woman I saw on a SWAT team shot the hostage in the shoot house.
View Quote

She was right...

Link Posted: 10/22/2016 10:06:20 PM EDT
[#32]
Wow... that movie SUCKED!!!

She is a giant wuss and is a terrible story line.
Link Posted: 10/24/2016 8:42:48 AM EDT
[#33]
Quoted:
Great line, great actor!
View Quote

What are you on about?
Link Posted: 10/25/2016 12:33:32 PM EDT
[#34]
Quoted:
2. There can be a place for females or extremely small statured males on a tactical team.  (Who else is going to clear crawl spaces, attics, tunnels, etc.)

The Alabama rescue was extremely impressive. One of the guys sole purpose was to drop down and use his body as a shield to protect the little boy from bullets. Talk about dedication.  

1. They aren't actively trying to fix their reputation. Most people have no idea what happened in the 90s and do not care. And most people really don't pay attention to anything they do.
2. They are primarily comprised of former operators and their training is done with active operators.  HRT is as competent as Delta or the SEAL's at this point.

Agents are another story and for the most part have little tactical or law enforcement competency.  They are useful for sitting behind a desk shuffling paperwork and watching surveillance video...
View All Quotes
Quoted:

Quoted:

Quoted:
Quoted:

You sound like a former TFO.....
Link Posted: 10/29/2016 4:27:27 PM EDT
[#35]
I'll say this,  Ive attended a rifle instructor school with a female former marine who does nuke security now.  She could out shoot most of the men, and was all around GTG.  I would trust her with my life no problem.  Time to get out of the 50's mindset.  It's OK though, I get it...different is scary.
Link Posted: 10/29/2016 4:32:23 PM EDT
[#36]
She was assigned to a hostage rescue task force with Phoenix Police SWAT.
Link Posted: 10/31/2016 3:42:24 PM EDT
[#37]
When I was on teams (we did all the roles, what you would call SWAT/HRT/Sniper, same people) I had a colleague who was a ground commander, and she had a whole team under her.......
Link Posted: 10/31/2016 7:52:08 PM EDT
[#38]
Close Join Our Mail List to Stay Up To Date! Win a FREE Membership!

Sign up for the ARFCOM weekly newsletter and be entered to win a free ARFCOM membership. One new winner* is announced every week!

You will receive an email every Friday morning featuring the latest chatter from the hottest topics, breaking news surrounding legislation, as well as exclusive deals only available to ARFCOM email subscribers.

By signing up you agree to our User Agreement. *Must have a registered ARFCOM account to win.
Top Top