Confirm Action

Are you sure you wish to do this?

Confirm Cancel
BCM
User Panel

Posted: 10/13/2016 9:58:58 PM EDT
Hi everyone.

Not really sure what to say here.

My cousin is 22 years old and is fighting stage 4 breast cancer. Her dad (my uncle) is a retired NYC Police Officer so I figured I'd post this here.

To be honest with you all, other than my immediate family, she's probably the only person I'd do this for.   Kristin is genuinely special, and is everythimg right that is usually wrong with kids her age these days. You'd have to know her to understand.

Kristin is currently undergoing chemo and will have double mastectomy surgery after the treatments. At 22 years old. The family is coming together to help, but its going to be a long road and is already costing a heavy toll.

Striker approved for me to post the gofundme page her school set up for her, and nothing would be more amazing than to see a flood of $1 donations from "The Brothers and Sisters of Arfcom," but if nothing else please keep Kristin and her family in your prayers.

Thank you.

Help Kristin Kick Cancer GoFundMe

"I just wanted to update everyone on how I am doing and feeling. Emotionally, mentally, and physically I am doing great! Thank you everyone for all of the support and prayers. I could only imagine how the semester is going for all of you, so I am also sending prayers and big hugs your way. I have officially lost my hair, but I will EMBRACE it to the max! After all, G.I. Jane was able to rock the look just fine!"
View Quote

Link Posted: 10/14/2016 8:30:43 AM EDT
[#1]
Bump for morning shift.

ETA:

Thank you for your support Lug1!
Link Posted: 10/14/2016 9:36:30 AM EDT
[#2]
Link Posted: 10/14/2016 6:20:31 PM EDT
[#3]
One final bump for Friday night.

Eta: Thank you  Bruins!
Link Posted: 10/15/2016 1:53:11 AM EDT
[#4]
Hit. Prayers sent.
Link Posted: 10/16/2016 5:07:01 PM EDT
[#5]
bump
Link Posted: 10/17/2016 10:49:06 AM EDT
[#6]
Hit.
Link Posted: 10/18/2016 10:35:51 PM EDT
[#7]
Discussion ForumsJump to Quoted PostQuote History
Quoted:
Hit.
View Quote

Thanks Brother. And thanks to everyone who has contributed thoughts and prayers.

Kristin's Gofundme recently exceeded her $3,500 goal by $100, and the best news is that she's responding really well to the chemo.

She'll still have the surgery because her chances of the cancer coming back later and worse is as close to 100% as you can get. All her hair is gone, but it will grow back and she's in good spirits.

Thanks again everyone. You guys are awesome.
Close Join Our Mail List to Stay Up To Date! Win a FREE Membership!

Sign up for the ARFCOM weekly newsletter and be entered to win a free ARFCOM membership. One new winner* is announced every week!

You will receive an email every Friday morning featuring the latest chatter from the hottest topics, breaking news surrounding legislation, as well as exclusive deals only available to ARFCOM email subscribers.

By signing up you agree to our User Agreement. *Must have a registered ARFCOM account to win.
Top Top