Confirm Action

Are you sure you wish to do this?

Confirm Cancel
BCM
User Panel

Posted: 9/21/2016 5:21:51 PM EDT
Link Posted: 9/21/2016 5:53:07 PM EDT
[#1]
For most, if not all states, a misdemeanor is defined as a crime that will result in a max of 1 year in jail. A felony can result in a prison sentence of more than 1 year.

I don't know of any county jails that will work with inmates to work on their college degrees but there could be. Prisons do but for many inmates, just getting their GED is a big step.
Link Posted: 9/21/2016 10:19:27 PM EDT
[#2]
Our jail offers a GED program but you have to have so much time left in jail so you can complete the program.  That way, it's usually available for sentenced people.
Link Posted: 9/22/2016 12:27:44 PM EDT
[#3]
Any crime.  It makes you eligible for grants.

Henry Lee Lucas received Pell grants while on death row.
Link Posted: 9/23/2016 10:40:01 AM EDT
[#4]
The only crimes that are going to get you free college are the ones that will strip some rights.  IMO, it is a shitty trade.
Link Posted: 9/30/2016 12:05:17 AM EDT
[#5]
Discussion ForumsJump to Quoted PostQuote History
Quoted:
The only crimes that are going to get you free college are the ones that will strip some rights.  IMO, it is a shitty trade.
View Quote

If Hillary gets elected we'll loose those rights anyways. So prison may be the next way to cheat the system.
Link Posted: 10/3/2016 5:00:33 PM EDT
[#6]
Discussion ForumsJump to Quoted PostQuote History
Quoted:

If Hillary gets elected we'll loose those rights anyways. So prison may be the next way to cheat the system.
View Quote

A 67 YO friend of mine said that if his wife ever cleaned him out he'd whack her and turn himself in figuring he was too old to start over.

I have also heard a couple of older people say that if they were diagnosed with something terminal and expensive to treat then it is rob a bank time. If you get away with it you have the money. If you get caught your family doesn't get saddled with the bills.

I am surprised that I do not see this happening in the news.
Close Join Our Mail List to Stay Up To Date! Win a FREE Membership!

Sign up for the ARFCOM weekly newsletter and be entered to win a free ARFCOM membership. One new winner* is announced every week!

You will receive an email every Friday morning featuring the latest chatter from the hottest topics, breaking news surrounding legislation, as well as exclusive deals only available to ARFCOM email subscribers.

By signing up you agree to our User Agreement. *Must have a registered ARFCOM account to win.
Top Top