Warning

Close

Confirm Action

Are you sure you wish to do this?

Confirm Cancel
BCM
User Panel

Posted: 9/16/2016 4:35:16 AM EDT
Can anyone help me find a molle plate carrier that I can put my concealable soft armor in also.  My active shooter vest now has in conjunction with plates which is fine when I wear a normal uniform.  I now have an assignment where I wear my concealable soft armor in an outer vest.  If I have a need for the active shooter vest I obviously can't put that vest on over my outer vest.  I would like to just be able to pull my current vest off and throw the active shooter vest on if I were to need it.  My active shooter setup is a Eagle and can't take the soft panels.  I have looked around but can't seem to find what I am looking for.
Link Posted: 9/16/2016 7:01:05 PM EDT
[#1]

(If I'm following you correctly...)

Depends.

Just about all LE soft armor is a proprietary cut.  Trying to retrofit soft armor into an external carrier usually results in bunched up or sagging panels.

Look into the Mayflower LPAAC or the LPAC.  If either look good, I'd trace your soft armor on paper and send it in to confirm fit.  Hard plates can also be quickly added to both.    Tactical Tailor also makes a generic armor carrier.

Link Posted: 9/16/2016 7:46:13 PM EDT
[#2]
Link Posted: 9/18/2016 5:40:28 PM EDT
[#3]

Quoted:

Can anyone help me find a molle plate carrier that I can put my concealable soft armor in also.  My active shooter vest now has in conjunction with plates which is fine when I wear a normal uniform.  I now have an assignment where I wear my concealable soft armor in an outer vest.  If I have a need for the active shooter vest I obviously can't put that vest on over my outer vest.  I would like to just be able to pull my current vest off and throw the active shooter vest on if I were to need it.  My active shooter setup is a Eagle and can't take the soft panels.  I have looked around but can't seem to find what I am looking for.
View Quote
Really, REALLY stupid question:  Why not?  

Is it a straight up plate carrier, or a larger PC+soft armor vest type setup?  

I ask because I wear soft armor in an outer vest, and am thinking about buying hard armor/carrier.  

Link Posted: 9/21/2016 5:11:35 PM EDT
[#4]
Discussion ForumsJump to Quoted PostQuote History
Quoted:

(If I'm following you correctly...)

Depends.

Just about all LE soft armor is a proprietary cut.  Trying to retrofit soft armor into an external carrier usually results in bunched up or sagging panels.

Look into the Mayflower LPAAC or the LPAC.  If either look good, I'd trace your soft armor on paper and send it in to confirm fit.  Hard plates can also be quickly added to both.    Tactical Tailor also makes a generic armor carrier.

View Quote

The Tactical Tailor one might work.  Thanks
Link Posted: 9/21/2016 5:12:34 PM EDT
[#5]

Something like that.  I think the Tactical Tailor one might work better.  Thanks.
Link Posted: 9/21/2016 5:16:37 PM EDT
[#6]
Quoted:

Something like that.  I think the Tactical Tailor one might work better.  Thanks.
View Quote View All Quotes
View All Quotes
Quoted:

The vest I wear every day has soft armor in it with pockets for plates.  On the outside it has Taser radio rifle mag and cuffs.  Putting a plate carrier over that would not fit right and cover all of that up.
Link Posted: 9/21/2016 5:18:56 PM EDT
[#7]
Check with the manufacturer of your vest.

Blauer makes a carrier. I think it's called Armorskin.

My vest is Second Chance and they make a carrier called "TAC"
Link Posted: 9/21/2016 10:20:24 PM EDT
[#8]
Some of the sites that sell plates, offer soft armor that cut like the plates.  I bet they make carriers for the soft armor.
Close Join Our Mail List to Stay Up To Date! Win a FREE Membership!

Sign up for the ARFCOM weekly newsletter and be entered to win a free ARFCOM membership. One new winner* is announced every week!

You will receive an email every Friday morning featuring the latest chatter from the hottest topics, breaking news surrounding legislation, as well as exclusive deals only available to ARFCOM email subscribers.

By signing up you agree to our User Agreement. *Must have a registered ARFCOM account to win.
Top Top