Close

Confirm Action

Are you sure you wish to do this?

Confirm Cancel
BCM
User Panel

Site Notices
Posted: 9/12/2016 6:40:27 PM EDT
I've asked before several places but haven't had any luck, so I'm going to try the arfcom orb of knowledge. I've got a new Tahoe with the Whelen CanTrol WC system. The upfitter didn't did an awesome job with their work but didn't set some of the buttons correctly. For example, the CanTrol siren head is as bright as the sun and won't dim until I shut the vehicle off. They didn't turn on the ignition lockout, K9 kennel light with the door opening, and made some of the button redundant. They also kept a new radio antenna, GPS/cell antenna for the docking station, and the $1,500 software DVD for my camera system. That part is for the bosses to take care of.

The installer is about a two hour drive from my place and my administration isn't going to allow the vehicle to go back to them (or any of our business anymore). The owner said a month ago when we picked it up that he would come down and do a photoshoot of the vehicle for their website and fix those settings, along with my video system and flashlight charger that don't work right. I've emailed numerous times with no reply and the chief deputy has called several times, with no calls back after the first with the "I'll look into it response."

My problem is finding someone...anyone...with the CanTrol software. Who do I have to hire a hooker to blow to help me out with this? We're in Southwestern Illinois, between Carbondale and the STL area along the Mississippi. Any help or point in the right direction will help.

And Whelen is out. They said they can't help and it has to go to an authorized installer.
Link Posted: 9/17/2016 12:00:21 PM EDT
[#1]
I have the Wecan system in my patrol car.  I was able to download the software from Whelen's website and play around with features a little.  We have the standard control box.  Nothing fancy like yours.   To hook up to the programming box, all it was is a printer cable.
Link Posted: 9/20/2016 10:27:06 AM EDT
[#2]
Here's the software download for the CanTrol system.  That should probably help with some of the features like button functions, but it sounds like you have some issues that involve changing some wiring.  That needs to probably go back to the installer, or to a different installer.  One you download the software, check out YouTube for instructions.  There are some pretty good tutorial videos on the Whelen software.
Link Posted: 9/21/2016 12:03:52 PM EDT
[#3]
I made a mistake getting this system where I can't get the software. I'm screwed for making any changes to fix it. The next closest installer with CanTrol is about a 6 hour drive and is in the Chicago area.

This one isn't downloadable.
Link Posted: 9/21/2016 12:23:44 PM EDT
[#4]
Close Join Our Mail List to Stay Up To Date! Win a FREE Membership!

Sign up for the ARFCOM weekly newsletter and be entered to win a free ARFCOM membership. One new winner* is announced every week!

You will receive an email every Friday morning featuring the latest chatter from the hottest topics, breaking news surrounding legislation, as well as exclusive deals only available to ARFCOM email subscribers.

By signing up you agree to our User Agreement. *Must have a registered ARFCOM account to win.
Top Top