Close

Confirm Action

Are you sure you wish to do this?

Confirm Cancel
BCM
User Panel

Site Notices
Posted: 9/3/2016 12:47:06 AM EDT
Looking for a PC with a quick attach/disconnect system and molle. It will host Level 4 plates, rifle and pistol mags, and a trauma kit. Also looking for a decent size trauma kit (plan on stocking it myself). Been looking at the PIG, Mayflower and Banshee 2.0 based on other threads. Just looking for other recommendations before I pull the trigger.
Link Posted: 9/3/2016 3:10:41 AM EDT
[#1]
I've had a Banshee and now have a PIG. Buy once cry once and get the PIG. Night and Day when it comes to comfort and stability/positioning of the plates.

J-
Link Posted: 9/3/2016 8:18:26 AM EDT
[#2]
I have a Ares Armor Aspis Plate Carrier in multicam for my personal kit (essentially a lightweight Banshee) that I paid ~$220 for back around 2011.  The way its sized it was a tight fit over my soft armor in uniform.  Because of this I purchased a Condor MOPC in black for duty use.

Honestly, I like the MOPC better than the Aspis, which cost 3x as much...

Not sure what position you are in, but as patrol the whole "buy once cry once" really does not apply for plate carriers.  In two years I have put my PC on twice, and the cheap Condor did just fine keeping my plates where I needed them.

Do what you want with your money, but unless you are on SWAT/SRT you don't need a expensive carrier for your plates.

Link Posted: 9/3/2016 4:43:44 PM EDT
[#3]
Not to diminish anything mentioned here but try looking over at the Lightfigher forum. I found a ton of info including a spreadsheet listing the armor being made by company along with ballistic ratings and weights(plus seller links).

That being said after reviewing it I chose this: http://www.tyrtactical.com/products/details/featured-products/tyr-tactical-basic-plate-carrier-m-law-enforcement-kit-a/

Though they aren't stand alone, they have soft inserts and the plates are less than 4lbs each. I just ordered it after reading reviews from others so don't take my word for it. Once I get it I can give an update if you wish. Probably won't be here for another two weeks.
Link Posted: 9/4/2016 2:01:22 PM EDT
[#4]
First Spear. Top of the line, and they stand behind them.

They replaced my 5 year old Straandhog after one of the attachment points for the mag pouch partially ripped because I snagged it rappelling.

The tube things they use take a fraction of a second to put on/ take off.

They're expensive, but worth every penny.
Link Posted: 9/8/2016 9:03:13 PM EDT
[#5]
Discussion ForumsJump to Quoted PostQuote History
Quoted:

They replaced my 5 year old Straandhog after one of the attachment points for the mag pouch partially ripped because I snagged it rappelling.

View Quote

Il second this, the tubes are amazing, I don't have the straandhog, but do have the slimmed down version they make for SKD, the STT. The tubes are the absolute best solution to easy don and doff carrier, no more velcro cummerbund nonsense, you adjust it once and it's ready to go.

Link Posted: 9/8/2016 9:17:02 PM EDT
[#6]
Quoted:

Il second this, the tubes are amazing, I don't have the straandhog, but do have the slimmed down version they make for SKD, the STT. The tubes are the absolute best solution to easy don and doff carrier, no more velcro cummerbund nonsense, you adjust it once and it's ready to go.

View Quote View All Quotes
View All Quotes
Quoted:
Quoted:

This.
Link Posted: 9/9/2016 1:08:21 AM EDT
[#7]

Quoted:

View Quote View All Quotes
View All Quotes
Quoted:

Quoted:

How is it for overall comfort? People seem to complain that there is a lack of ventilation and padding?
Link Posted: 9/9/2016 8:24:22 PM EDT
[#8]
They have an upgrade option "PIG Pontoons" which gives you some extra padding. You can also add foam backing behind your plates.

I wear mine every time I go shooting and it's never been unbearable, At the end of the day your hauling heavy body armor, it's not going to be the best experience of your life. For any carrier houldering a rifle is awkward, moving is awkward, pretty much everything you do wearing plates I s awkward. Additionally unless society collapses you won't ever have that carrier on long enough to think about how comfortable it is, if it has to go on your mind is going to be on real issues like the threat you are responding to.

I wouldn't say any carrier is going to be comfortable, but I can say the STT isn't uncomfortable.

I sold my Mayflower APC in favor of the STT due to the tubes system and do not regret it one bit.
Link Posted: 9/20/2016 3:05:33 PM EDT
[#9]
Ended up getting the STT. Looking for Level IV ceramic side plates if anyone has recommendations?
Link Posted: 9/20/2016 8:07:42 PM EDT
[#10]
Quoted:
Ended up getting the STT. Looking for Level IV ceramic side plates if anyone has recommendations?
View Quote

HIghcom 4SAS7's

http://highcomsecurity.com/collections/plates/products/guardian-4sas-7?variant=361423011

I have the shooters cut, multicurves

J-
Close Join Our Mail List to Stay Up To Date! Win a FREE Membership!

Sign up for the ARFCOM weekly newsletter and be entered to win a free ARFCOM membership. One new winner* is announced every week!

You will receive an email every Friday morning featuring the latest chatter from the hottest topics, breaking news surrounding legislation, as well as exclusive deals only available to ARFCOM email subscribers.

By signing up you agree to our User Agreement. *Must have a registered ARFCOM account to win.
Top Top