BCM
User Panel

Page / 2
Next Page Arrow Left
Link Posted: 9/8/2016 7:33:32 AM EDT
[#1]
Discussion ForumsJump to Quoted PostQuote History
Quoted:
OP has no qualms about Hillary being cut loose by the FBI. You know, "professional courtsey" an all......laws are for the little people.
View Quote

Link Posted: 9/9/2016 1:06:51 PM EDT
[#2]
Quoted:

Every time I hear people whine here about "professional courtesy" it makes me want to stop giving warnings to anyone and just write everyone I stop.

If a member of the public has a problem with me writing tickets or giving warnings, then I don't need or want their "trust".

And, I've never had a problem earning people's trust. Even people who hate cops. I've had people who hate cops tell me they hate cops....and then end the contact by offering for me to shake my hand. It's all in how you treat people....tickets and warnings have nothing to do with that. If you have formulated your opinion of my profession by some threads in GD, then you are a small minded person.
View Quote View All Quotes
View All Quotes
Quoted:
Quoted:
Quoted:
Quoted:

This thread is embarrassing.

If you want to complain about state troopers writing her, have at it..  I've heard many of them will write anyone/everyone..

If you post in ARFCOM GD/BOTS that you expect her to get out of it because of her starting her career in LE, (professional
courtesy, you should probably expect this thread not to go the way you want....

Many outspoken here (GD, which this is subforum) who do not like LEO's, especially when  said LEO expects "professional courtesy"

JMO
This.  Police officers have a hard enough time earning the trust of the public.  This shit doesn't help.  And I'm not talking about the talk of professional courtesy, I'm talking about the practice of it.

Every time I hear people whine here about "professional courtesy" it makes me want to stop giving warnings to anyone and just write everyone I stop.

If a member of the public has a problem with me writing tickets or giving warnings, then I don't need or want their "trust".

And, I've never had a problem earning people's trust. Even people who hate cops. I've had people who hate cops tell me they hate cops....and then end the contact by offering for me to shake my hand. It's all in how you treat people....tickets and warnings have nothing to do with that. If you have formulated your opinion of my profession by some threads in GD, then you are a small minded person.

Yeah fuck them. As if we'd care about the opinions of some of the weirdo cop obsessed morons on this site.

Besides this is an LEO room for LEOs to talk. I really couldnt care less what some of these hypocritical snowflakes think. Not after over 3 decades on this job. Theres nothing I could ever do to change their strange ideas about Law Enforcement anyways. Honestly a lot of them sound like they alternate between obsessions of fascination and contempt for Police stuff which makes me question their maturity.
Link Posted: 9/19/2016 6:56:56 PM EDT
[#3]
Quoted:
I'm all for Officer discretion, including Professional  Courtesy, not everyone deserves a ticket.     I would imagine, if most were truthful, many people violate some traffic law
everyday, but not all are reckless or careless.

If they are reckless, careless, or just blatantly disregard the law, write them....   But many times, just a reminder to pay attention, or get your head back into the driving
game is all thats needed. Cops are people too, sometimes they need the same..

& for the all animals are not equal crowd, if you don't want a warning like others, just demand a ticket next time (if) you get stopped..
View Quote

This. I write ten times the number of warnings vs. the number of citations... I've actually gotten talked to for letting too many people go with a warning. Then there was the guy this weekend that said "CAN'T YOU JUST CUT ME A BREAK?!" after he ran a red light while I was in the middle of the intersection (a good 6-7 seconds after my light turned green) and nearly hit my marked car. He got the $264 ticket vs. the $166 ticket... The only time I've written another cop/agent is some douche who used to work for the treasury after he cussed me out and told me I was a worthless piece of shit when he blew through a stop sign.
Link Posted: 9/19/2016 7:03:11 PM EDT
[#4]
I got a ticket the other day for rolling thru a stop sign. I didn't fucking show any LEO ID or mention I went thru academy with several of the guys in his dept.

If I were in that position and some fucker tried to give me his cop ID I'd make damn sure to give him a ticket.

Eta: the sonofabitch had a Brady letter too and I could have fought it, but I didn't. Without integrity you are nothing.
Link Posted: 9/19/2016 7:51:26 PM EDT
[#5]
Why do cops give warnings?  what makes them not give warnings over giving them to the next person.  ive gotten a lot of both
Link Posted: 9/19/2016 7:51:26 PM EDT
[#6]
Why do cops give warnings?  what makes them not give warnings over giving them to the next person.  ive gotten a lot of both
Link Posted: 9/19/2016 8:15:11 PM EDT
[#7]
Right. You are leo. You're girlfriend is wanna be leo.

You and girlfriend get "the free pass", you get to do as you please. Law be damned.\, that's for non leo's. I get it. I've seen it for several decades. cops do whatever they want, the law doesn't apply to them, only the poor pitiful non leo's. Right.
Problem is, those pesky cell phones.
The law never applied to you, but wait, maybe it does now.

Link Posted: 9/19/2016 10:06:21 PM EDT
[#8]
Quoted:

You and girlfriend get "the free pass", you get to do as you please. Law be damned.\, that's for non leo's. I get it. I've seen it for several decades. cops do whatever they want, the law doesn't apply to them, only the poor pitiful non leo's. Right.

View Quote

GD is elsewhere on this site. Please take your opinions there. Thank you.
Link Posted: 9/19/2016 10:26:55 PM EDT
[#9]
Quoted:
View Quote

Every stop is an investigation. A very short one but one nonetheless. Give you a couple examples.

1. See a guy roll a stop sign and then get him speeding....more than 20 mph over. Stop him. He says his grandson just fell out of a tree and hit his head. In the back seat is the guys daughter holding a little guy with an obvious knot on his head.  You are less than 10mins from the nearest hospital...driving at the speed limit. Ticket or warning?

2. Stop a car for expired plates. Several months expired. Driver is the registered owner. Driver says that she just hasn't had the money to renew the registration. Driver has several obviously fresh tattoos. Ticket or warning?

3. Stop a car for expired plates. Car is older and beat up. Driver is poorly dressed. Driver says she has been out of work for several months caring for a sick husband. Husband has since passed and driver is working again but is trying to get caught up on bills. You notice obvious medical paperwork next to her in her husband's name...looks like bills. Ticket or warning?

4. Stop a nice car for speeding. Driver is 16. Call drivers dad. Dad asks you to keep the kid there and he's on his way. 5 mins later a VERY pissed off dad shows up on scene. Dad reams 16 yr old until you start to feel sorry for the kid..almost. Ticket or warning?

5. Stop a car for speeding. Driver is suspended but sober. Everyone else in the car is hammered drunk. Driver tells you he wasn't supposed to be the designed driver but the DD got drunk with everyone else so he drove...even though he knows he shouldn't be. Ticket or warning?

6. Stop a car for speeding. Driver is polite. Says he is late for work. 2 prior speeding convictions in the past 2 years. Ticket or warning?

All of these scenarios have happened to me. All within a 3 week period....so imagine how many similar decisions an officer has to make in a year timeframe of stopping cars. I am totally in the right to write every single violation. The cop haters here say justice is supposed to be blind and the situation of the stop should not be be a factor in the decision to write a ticket.

Is it?
Link Posted: 9/21/2016 4:38:22 PM EDT
[#10]

Quoted:

View Quote
Almost 10 years and you haven't burned your troll account.

Thats admirable.

Link Posted: 9/25/2016 11:35:26 PM EDT
[#11]
Quoted:

Because the punishment is not equal.

In many LE jobs, a ticket can result in very harsh career penalties.  

In 99% of non LE jobs, a ticket is nothing.  

I had a good friend get jammed up hard BC his agency had some strange insurance policy that would not cover him if he had a moving violation in the last 5 years.  He got a ticket and presto...can't drive a gov vehicle.  Now he can't do his job...and fired.

All that over a stupid speeding ticket?  

That is why.
View Quote View All Quotes
View All Quotes
Quoted:
Quoted:
I'm all for leeway, warnings and the like.....

(Note: I'm not law enforcement, however I peruse the forum often as a volunteer FF)....

That said....why should a off-duty cop get more leeway than say a normal person?

I say this because locally it's sorta become the good ol' boy club where the off-duties have a semi-regular habit of always cruising over the speed limit, not plating motorcycles,etc. because they're part of the club.....

Now being on the fire department, they've given me leeway as well.  I don't ask, or really want it, the rare time I screwed up, I deserved a ticket.....

Because the punishment is not equal.

In many LE jobs, a ticket can result in very harsh career penalties.  

In 99% of non LE jobs, a ticket is nothing.  

I had a good friend get jammed up hard BC his agency had some strange insurance policy that would not cover him if he had a moving violation in the last 5 years.  He got a ticket and presto...can't drive a gov vehicle.  Now he can't do his job...and fired.

All that over a stupid speeding ticket?  

That is why.

He was fucking stupid for speeding then.
Page / 2
Next Page Arrow Left
Close Join Our Mail List to Stay Up To Date! Win a FREE Membership!

Sign up for the ARFCOM weekly newsletter and be entered to win a free ARFCOM membership. One new winner* is announced every week!

You will receive an email every Friday morning featuring the latest chatter from the hottest topics, breaking news surrounding legislation, as well as exclusive deals only available to ARFCOM email subscribers.

By signing up you agree to our User Agreement. *Must have a registered ARFCOM account to win.
Top Top