Close

Confirm Action

Are you sure you wish to do this?

Confirm Cancel
BCM
User Panel

Site Notices
Posted: 8/22/2016 9:55:52 AM EDT
Which one do you use, or do you? I would prefer to use my 43, I'm open to other options. Another guy here uses one of those vest strap holsters, I'm not a fan.

Friend of mine lost his duty weapon in a struggle, he didn't carry a back up. He does now. I feel the need as well. All input welcome.
Link Posted: 8/22/2016 10:53:45 AM EDT
[#1]
The old renegade used to be highly regarded but I have no first hand experience with it and little with ankle holsters in general.

I carry my BUG in a pocket holster offside.  
Link Posted: 8/22/2016 1:01:02 PM EDT
[#2]
I just dont like AHs nor have I ever heard of anyone being able to get to one during a struggle. I taught myself to shoot both ways and carried one on my left and one on my right. I always got a kick out of the nincompoops who would say, "I dont want to have to defend two guns instead of just one". I guess it never occurred to them you could shoot someone trying to disarm you and the gun on the other hip would be perfect for it.

The again who ever thought a copper could be railroaded off his job and a city burned and looted for shooting a robbery offender twice his size who tried to disarm him to kill him?

The Gangster State. Might as well put represent hand signals on the flag.
Link Posted: 8/22/2016 5:10:01 PM EDT
[#3]
I went ahead and ordered a Desantis Apache, $37 off Amazon and free returns if it sucks.

I have thought about pocket carry too. Another guy here pocket carries a 43 with one of those knife clip things. I'm personally not a fan of carrying any gun without trigger protection. The Desantis pocket holster just seem so damn big.
Link Posted: 8/23/2016 8:44:47 AM EDT
[#4]
Try different holsters in different spots. Make sure you can run in it and get to it white fighting for your duty weapon.
Link Posted: 8/23/2016 11:10:58 AM EDT
[#5]
Discussion ForumsJump to Quoted PostQuote History
Quoted:
I went ahead and ordered a Desantis Apache, $37 off Amazon and free returns if it sucks.

I have thought about pocket carry too. Another guy here pocket carries a 43 with one of those knife clip things. I'm personally not a fan of carrying any gun without trigger protection. The Desantis pocket holster just seem so damn big.
View Quote

While a lot of people bag on them as not being the best, I like the uncle mikes nylon pocket holsters.  They are not as bulky as others and I have yet to pull the holster out with the gun during a qual.  At around 10 or 12 bucks they are also cheap.
Link Posted: 8/23/2016 12:55:00 PM EDT
[#6]
Quoted:

While a lot of people bag on them as not being the best, I like the uncle mikes nylon pocket holsters.  They are not as bulky as others and I have yet to pull the holster out with the gun during a qual.  At around 10 or 12 bucks they are also cheap.
View Quote View All Quotes
View All Quotes
Quoted:
Quoted:

I'll try (almost) anything for $10
Link Posted: 8/23/2016 1:01:04 PM EDT
[#7]
I have a sticky hoster, weak hand draw.  You can get a "blem" holster for less than $10 off there website.  I couldn't find anything wrong with it.  It stays in your pocket too, you'll rip your pants off before that holster comes out.  Covers the trigger well and it's ambidextrous.
Link Posted: 8/24/2016 3:53:51 AM EDT
[#8]
I use Gould & Goodrich B416 Bootlock Ankle Holster.  Works great and stays put.
Link Posted: 8/26/2016 8:41:19 AM EDT
[#9]
Quoted:
I use Gould & Goodrich B416 Bootlock Ankle Holster.  Works great and stays put.
View Quote

This^

I love mine (Its for a S&W 442)

Highly recommend
Link Posted: 8/28/2016 1:36:58 AM EDT
[#10]
I carry the 43 on the front of my vest. Holster hooks into my trauma pouch
Link Posted: 8/28/2016 2:29:07 AM EDT
[#11]
Quoted:
Try different holsters in different spots. Make sure you can run in it and get to it white fighting for your duty weapon.
View Quote

This. Make sure you can get to the gun while someone is trying to disarm you.

Are you going to be able to get to your ankle draw and fire ALL while you maintain balance, maintain control over your holstered or unholstered primary etc. Ankle holsters are great........in Hollywood movies not in real life.

Depending on if I'm in uniform or not and which BUG I am carrying its either in my left front pants pocket or on my body armor just left of center line.

J-
Link Posted: 8/28/2016 7:18:32 PM EDT
[#12]
Anyone running a subcompact Glock in a front pocket?
Close Join Our Mail List to Stay Up To Date! Win a FREE Membership!

Sign up for the ARFCOM weekly newsletter and be entered to win a free ARFCOM membership. One new winner* is announced every week!

You will receive an email every Friday morning featuring the latest chatter from the hottest topics, breaking news surrounding legislation, as well as exclusive deals only available to ARFCOM email subscribers.

By signing up you agree to our User Agreement. *Must have a registered ARFCOM account to win.
Top Top