Warning

Close

Confirm Action

Are you sure you wish to do this?

Confirm Cancel
BCM
User Panel

Posted: 8/14/2016 4:18:40 AM EDT

My fellow brothers and sisters, I've been reading a few posts lately about plate carriers and plates so I thought I'd post this for those that are looking for a quality plate carrier w/ plates. These were just released about 2 weeks ago and from what I've been told the first batch was completed this week.  If you want to purchase one you have to contact LBT and they will send you an order form.   These are not available for purchase online.  Note, I am not affiliated with LBT.   If you're not familiar with LBT they make quality stuffs here in the good ole US of A.  and have always been pro-LE.  

For $299 you're getting a quality US made plate carrier w/ 2 SA L4 ceramic plates.  I have not come across a better deal than this w/ a high quality manufacturer in all my years of buying gear!    Also check out their other First Responder gear at great prices!   Stay safe!

http://lbtinc.com/frg16

Link Posted: 8/15/2016 7:27:46 PM EDT
[#1]

I saw this as well.  Looks like a sweet deal.  I'll pass this on too.

Link Posted: 8/15/2016 9:52:53 PM EDT
[#2]
Great deal
Link Posted: 8/17/2016 3:28:49 PM EDT
[#3]
I don't know the plate mfg (CAG)

How does that plate fare versus say a SAPI or ESAPI?

Thanks!
Link Posted: 8/17/2016 3:41:45 PM EDT
[#4]
Discussion ForumsJump to Quoted PostQuote History
Quoted:
I don't know the plate mfg (CAG)

How does that plate fare versus say a SAPI or ESAPI?

Thanks!
View Quote

In terms of protection, it's a lvl IV stand alone, so it's the same.

Weight they are a little heavier than ESAPIs

Link Posted: 8/18/2016 5:02:12 PM EDT
[#5]
I sent in my order form yesterday (wed 8/17) and was sent shipping info today. I guess they have some ready to go.

If some people are on edge or purchasing, I can post some pic's of the carrier and plates when they come in. Their CS said I should have it by either Saturday or Monday.
Link Posted: 8/19/2016 4:10:48 AM EDT
[#6]

Quoted:

I sent in my order form yesterday (wed 8/17) and was sent shipping info today. I guess they have some ready to go.

If some people are on edge or purchasing, I can post some pic's of the carrier and plates when they come in. Their CS said I should have it by either Saturday or Monday.
View Quote

Cool!   I can't wait to get one as soon as funds permit.  
Link Posted: 8/22/2016 8:20:53 AM EDT
[#7]
Quoted:

View Quote

Let us know how she looks!
Link Posted: 8/22/2016 11:47:25 AM EDT
[#8]
Thanks for the heads-up. There's a few other deals there, too. I've been hunting the EE for a rolling deployment/loadout bag, but i may just go new at this price...
Link Posted: 8/23/2016 12:22:34 AM EDT
[#9]
Quoted:

View Quote View All Quotes
View All Quotes
Quoted:
Quoted:

It's coming tomorrow, I'll have pictures up Wednesday or maybe Thursday when I'm off
Link Posted: 8/24/2016 6:46:27 PM EDT
[#10]
Any feedback?  I've been awaiting to hear about the purchase.  I'm waiting to buy until I get first hand feedback.   Thanks.
Link Posted: 8/26/2016 9:41:44 PM EDT
[#11]
My apologies to whoever was waiting for pictures.

Front

Back

Shoulder straps

Plate info

According to my scale my rig weights out to be 15.8lbs. The magazine carriers are NOT included with just the carrier and you have to buy them at $15 a piece. Also these are only made in one size according to LBT. I wear a medium Blauer/5.11 shirt, and this fits me perfectly.

My only gripes with the product are there are 7 sections of MOLLE, a mag pouch takes up 2 spots, so you are left with one extra slot therefore you cant get the magazines perfectly centered.
There is also no cumberbund for the carrier and it just attaches with two clips.

Overall, I am very happy with the purchase. The carrier feels of very high quality manufacture like the plate carrier I had when I was in the Marine Corps. The shoulder straps are very padded and comfy and don't weight heavily on your shoulders. Adequate velcro space is included if you put on police/badge/nametape patches. Also this was designed to strictly cover the space of the plates, you have alot of range of motion while wearing this. Possibly even more than my level III soft armor I have at work.

I hope this helps whomever is on the fence about purchasing, if you want more information from me either post in this thread of send me a PM.

Stay safe.
Link Posted: 8/27/2016 3:50:00 PM EDT
[#12]
Link Posted: 8/28/2016 8:39:51 PM EDT
[#13]
Mine came Friday.  .   The vest model is LBT0094D, which I can't find on their website.  It's very rugged, as you would expect from LBT.

Guys if you order, take a look at the link and look at their first responder kit next to it. This will give several pouches that you can use to equip your carrier, plus a go bag for $75. However, there are no sides, so you have to mount pouches on the front or back.

I'm a big guy with a big frame, 6'1, 220. My feminine side says the carrier feels and kinda looks small on me(does this plate carrier make me look fat?) Yeah, it doesn't really matter during an incident, but I bet I would hear about it if I took it out at training. Anyway,  I took the plates out and stuck them in my Second Chance Tactical Assault Carrier that came with my kevlar. It has internal pockets for 10x12 plates. That vest has pre attached pockets and looks like it is configured for patrol duty, with a flashlight pouch, etc. I loose some flexibility with that setup but its got a mag pouch and radio pouch, both look like they will hold 2 30 round mags each.  The second chance feels durable, but is not as heavy duty as a standard carrier. Has anyone used one of these vests for that? other than loosing the drag handle, is their any other downside to that?  

All in all seems like a good deal. Although I could use bigger plates it looks like they get real expensive real quick, and a slightly small plate is better than no plate. At $300 I can stick it in my car and not worry too much about it.
Link Posted: 8/29/2016 4:41:35 AM EDT
[#14]
Thanks for the pics!   Simple and clean, just what I want!  

and yeah, for $75 that FR Kit is great for what you're getting!  
Close Join Our Mail List to Stay Up To Date! Win a FREE Membership!

Sign up for the ARFCOM weekly newsletter and be entered to win a free ARFCOM membership. One new winner* is announced every week!

You will receive an email every Friday morning featuring the latest chatter from the hottest topics, breaking news surrounding legislation, as well as exclusive deals only available to ARFCOM email subscribers.

By signing up you agree to our User Agreement. *Must have a registered ARFCOM account to win.
Top Top