Close

Confirm Action

Are you sure you wish to do this?

Confirm Cancel
BCM
User Panel

Site Notices
Posted: 7/28/2016 8:20:07 AM EDT
Stopped to help a "stranded motorist".  Had on a uniform shirt and ID'd  himself as a PD dispatcher.  Passenger came out of the vehicle and shot him.  They then drove away.  Last I heard, the dispatcher will be ok, nobody in custody.
Link Posted: 7/28/2016 5:44:47 PM EDT
[#1]
Passenger came out boffins the vehicle and shot him
View Quote

What does this mean?
Link Posted: 7/29/2016 2:06:24 AM EDT
[#2]
Glad he'll be OK. I was doing some work at a 911 PSAP in northern CA and someone had recently pulled up to the station and fired a couple of shots at the dispatchers. Luckily they had bullet proof glass. I don't see too many PSAPs that are visible from the street.
Link Posted: 7/29/2016 9:54:27 PM EDT
[#3]
I've been in EMT class at a local career fire station for the last 6 weeks or so (I'm a volunteer but doing EMT class at that station). A few of the rookies were at Sonic during lunch. They had on their uniform (black pants, gray t-shirt- and then a dark gray button up shirt with the patches, etc). Someone looked at them and started saying stuff like "Fucking cops" and I think some of them were even employees.

Pretty sad to hate police for no reason. Even sadder when you cannot tell the difference between a cop and what is clearly a firefighter. The patches and badges say firefighter, no duty belt, nothing blue on them.. Idiots.
Link Posted: 7/29/2016 10:00:25 PM EDT
[#4]
Have a link to the story?
Link Posted: 7/29/2016 10:10:34 PM EDT
[#5]
Link Posted: 7/29/2016 10:12:51 PM EDT
[#6]
Discussion ForumsJump to Quoted PostQuote History
Quoted:
I've been in EMT class at a local career fire station for the last 6 weeks or so (I'm a volunteer but doing EMT class at that station). A few of the rookies were at Sonic during lunch. They had on their uniform (black pants, gray t-shirt- and then a dark gray button up shirt with the patches, etc). Someone looked at them and started saying stuff like "Fucking cops" and I think some of them were even employees.

Pretty sad to hate police for no reason. Even sadder when you cannot tell the difference between a cop and what is clearly a firefighter. The patches and badges say firefighter, no duty belt, nothing blue on them.. Idiots.
View Quote

I think it's safe to say that we're all targets now.   I'm just glad my wife is an off-site office dweller with no uniform. I was getting nervous about her working in uniform at the dept.
Link Posted: 7/31/2016 10:24:41 AM EDT
[#7]
Just starting at a department here and the guidance we got was leave your uniform stuff in a bag - get changed at work.

Glad they'll be OK at least
Close Join Our Mail List to Stay Up To Date! Win a FREE Membership!

Sign up for the ARFCOM weekly newsletter and be entered to win a free ARFCOM membership. One new winner* is announced every week!

You will receive an email every Friday morning featuring the latest chatter from the hottest topics, breaking news surrounding legislation, as well as exclusive deals only available to ARFCOM email subscribers.

By signing up you agree to our User Agreement. *Must have a registered ARFCOM account to win.
Top Top