Close

Confirm Action

Are you sure you wish to do this?

Confirm Cancel
BCM
User Panel

Site Notices
Posted: 5/24/2016 12:23:05 AM EDT
I carry a Glock 43 as my secondary at work.  Carry it in a sticky holster in my front pocket.  I would like to find a single mag pouch to put on my duty belt so I have an extra mag with me.   I'm a sheriff's Deputy, and we wear a pretty traditional uniform.  no cargo pockets, no jumpsuits so my duty belt is my only option.  Everything I've found online is for smaller belts.  Hoping I'm not the first guy to have this idea.....any help would be appreciated, looking for kydex or polymer
Link Posted: 5/24/2016 6:56:04 AM EDT
[#2]
I believe he is looking for something that will fit a Sam Browne, that's gonna be a tough sell for a mag that small. I'd be curious to see that myself. I know it's not what you are asking for but have you considered replacing a couple of your shirt buttons (or zipper if you have those new style deals) with Velcro and wearing your backup on your vest? I e found its the most comfortable, secure and there are quite a few options for holsters etc. that fit the vest/straps. Just an idea and good luck
Link Posted: 5/24/2016 12:38:14 PM EDT
[#3]
I like that, wonder if I can get a belt clip for it that will fit a 2.25 inch duty belt
Link Posted: 5/24/2016 10:43:53 PM EDT
[#4]
Also check zero9 holsters. I'm on my phone at the moment but they make a lot of kydex holsters for all sorts of various duty gear. I was pleased with my purchase. Took about a week to ship.
Link Posted: 5/24/2016 10:49:14 PM EDT
[#5]
a leatherman pouch might work
Link Posted: 5/25/2016 3:29:41 PM EDT
[#6]
i keep mine in my opposite pants pocket with my knife. Just have to be mindful of lint.

Uncle mikes or Remora makes a pocket mag/knife/flashlight thing similar to a pocket holster as well.

I dont know what kind of mag pouches you have already, but I can jam a glock 22 mag between the back of my mag pouch and my duty belt, the smaller mag might fit there too.
Link Posted: 5/29/2016 10:12:31 PM EDT
[#7]
I have a mag pouch ankle holster where I carry an additional two mags for my primary Glock 23. The sizing is pretty universal so g43 mags would probabily fit. I highly recommend the ankle holster mag pouch.  I think it's made by DeSantis.

If I were you I relocate your G43 to the ankle you would draw it from. Throw an extra mag for it in your pocket. And still get the mag pouch ankle holster but use it for an additional two mags for your primary.
Link Posted: 5/30/2016 12:01:25 AM EDT
[#8]
Well, I tried carrying the extra mag behind my primary mag pouch and it worked great, never came loose.  Thanks for the suggestion.  As for ankle carry DeputySC.....we aren't authorized to carry our firearm in an ankle holster.  Mags wouldn't be an issue but I would like to keep them readily accessible...I think I'm gonna roll with it behind my primary mags for a bit and see how I like it....thanks for all the responses
Link Posted: 6/3/2016 11:54:59 AM EDT
[#9]
Not sure how many cuffs you carry but A double cuff case with your spare magazine and some extra gloves in the second slot could work for you.
Close Join Our Mail List to Stay Up To Date! Win a FREE Membership!

Sign up for the ARFCOM weekly newsletter and be entered to win a free ARFCOM membership. One new winner* is announced every week!

You will receive an email every Friday morning featuring the latest chatter from the hottest topics, breaking news surrounding legislation, as well as exclusive deals only available to ARFCOM email subscribers.

By signing up you agree to our User Agreement. *Must have a registered ARFCOM account to win.
Top Top