Close

Confirm Action

Are you sure you wish to do this?

Confirm Cancel
BCM
User Panel

Site Notices
Posted: 5/23/2016 9:31:19 AM EDT
We have any LEO FED Park Rangers in here? I've got a few questions I'd like to IM...
Link Posted: 5/24/2016 7:58:50 AM EDT
[#1]

Yes.  Sure.  I'll be around for a few hours this am

Link Posted: 5/26/2016 3:13:13 PM EDT
[#2]
I was for a couple years.
Link Posted: 5/29/2016 9:47:24 PM EDT
[#3]
I'll jump in on this thread.

HR218 says leo's can carry concealed in national parks, if they meet the requirements of the surrounding state's concealed carry criteria?  So if I'm off-duty in Maryland, I can go to the state parks there with a 10 rd or less magazine in a weapon?
Link Posted: 5/30/2016 9:36:26 PM EDT
[#4]
Discussion ForumsJump to Quoted PostQuote History
Quoted:
I'll jump in on this thread.

HR218 says leo's can carry concealed in national parks, if they meet the requirements of the surrounding state's concealed carry criteria?  So if I'm off-duty in Maryland, I can go to the state parks there with a 10 rd or less magazine in a weapon?
View Quote

State park vs National Park...  Or is this a riddle?

Starting Feb 2010, all National Parks were mandated to honor their host state's firearms statutes.  Parks that spill over two or more states get a little more complicated but just have two or more sets of regulations.  The only other reg is that firearms will be prohibited in federal buildings ("structures where federal employees are present on a regular basis" such as visitor centers, etc)

I've been to state parks on the other hand that prohibited any firearms irregardless of state law.  

Link Posted: 5/31/2016 5:37:19 PM EDT
[#5]
I'm actually interested in learning more about NPS LE Park Rangers too.
Link Posted: 5/31/2016 10:15:03 PM EDT
[#6]

Quoted:
View Quote

Shit, back in the day, after I'd met a beautiful Irish lass while traveling, I tried to figure out how to get into the Garda

What would you like to know?

Link Posted: 6/1/2016 11:39:49 AM EDT
[#7]
Quoted:

Shit, back in the day, after I'd met a beautiful Irish lass while traveling, I tried to figure out how to get into the Garda

View Quote View All Quotes
View All Quotes
Quoted:

Quoted:

Haha. Beautiful girls can have that effect!

What are the duties like? Do you enjoy it? How long does it take to transition from a seasonal ranger with a SLETP commission to a full time park ranger? What makes one competitive for the openings beyond the basic requirements listed on usajobs.gov?
Close Join Our Mail List to Stay Up To Date! Win a FREE Membership!

Sign up for the ARFCOM weekly newsletter and be entered to win a free ARFCOM membership. One new winner* is announced every week!

You will receive an email every Friday morning featuring the latest chatter from the hottest topics, breaking news surrounding legislation, as well as exclusive deals only available to ARFCOM email subscribers.

By signing up you agree to our User Agreement. *Must have a registered ARFCOM account to win.
Top Top