Close

Confirm Action

Are you sure you wish to do this?

Confirm Cancel
BCM
User Panel

Site Notices
Posted: 5/9/2016 3:27:52 PM EDT
PT test pass, math pass, Incident Reports Pass. Alfa test pass, Grammar FAIL..Try agan next month..
Link Posted: 5/10/2016 3:00:47 PM EDT
[#1]
I always found it to be the easiest of the common civil service tests. Review the basic  rules of grammar, multiplication tables and practice some long division so you're not wasting time trying to remember how to do it on test day. The math section screws people up because they run out of time trying to remember how to solve easy equations. Read the questions carefully and you will be fine
Link Posted: 5/10/2016 4:03:58 PM EDT
[#2]
Thanx  I have the PT down but the POST test
Link Posted: 5/13/2016 12:05:31 AM EDT
[#3]
Link Posted: 5/13/2016 9:23:17 AM EDT
[#4]
Thank you..
Link Posted: 5/14/2016 6:39:37 PM EDT
[#5]
So how'd it go?
Link Posted: 5/15/2016 8:20:55 AM EDT
[#6]
Thay canceled it at the last min.... For some reason. Now it,s June 11.. At least its more time to study and PT
Link Posted: 5/15/2016 8:58:19 PM EDT
[#7]
More time to get better.  PM me if you need anything.
Link Posted: 5/16/2016 1:50:16 PM EDT
[#8]
Discussion ForumsJump to Quoted PostQuote History
Quoted:
More time to get better.  PM me if you need anything.
View Quote

Thank you and I mean that...retired early from a 34 year job. IBEW 66, Now at 56 looking at my dream job...
Link Posted: 5/19/2016 3:47:59 AM EDT
[#9]
It must mean different things in different states.  Here it's a law and procedure test taken at the end of the academy to get your state POST license.  An entrance exam is an civil service test to see if potential recruits have at least two brain cells.
Link Posted: 5/19/2016 9:50:00 AM EDT
[#10]
Quoted:
It must mean different things in different states.  Here it's a law and procedure test taken at the end of the academy to get your state POST license.  An entrance exam is an civil service test to see if potential recruits have at least two brain cells.
View Quote

Here in Houston you take the POST to get in the academy. At the end you take the TECOST [sp] ?. Then you are a leo.
Link Posted: 5/19/2016 7:54:17 PM EDT
[#11]
Don't know about TX but it should be just all common sense stuff.  Hard to study for that.
Link Posted: 5/19/2016 10:09:56 PM EDT
[#12]
Quoted:
Here in Houston you take the POST to get in the academy. At the end you take the TECOST [sp] ?. Then you are a leo.
View Quote

Link Posted: 5/20/2016 1:48:01 AM EDT
[#13]
Quoted:

View Quote View All Quotes
View All Quotes
Quoted:
Quoted:

Huh?  
Link Posted: 5/20/2016 8:24:11 AM EDT
[#14]
Yes I have the the invitation on my desk. HARRIS COUNTY SHERIFF OFFICE. You txsmiley have been invited to the physical ability/POST test. 11 June 2016 @ 0800HR...  
Link Posted: 5/20/2016 8:24:11 AM EDT
[#15]
Yes I have the the invitation on my desk. HARRIS COUNTY SHERIFF OFFICE. You txsmiley have been invited to the physical ability/POST test. 11 June 2016 @ 0800HR...  
Link Posted: 5/22/2016 10:55:31 AM EDT
[#16]
Quoted:

View All Quotes
Quoted:
Quoted:

Do you mean TCOLE?
Link Posted: 5/22/2016 2:22:41 PM EDT
[#17]
Quoted:

Do you mean TCOLE?
View All Quotes
Quoted:
Quoted:
Quoted:

Do you mean TCOLE?

Yes and thanx so new at this..
Close Join Our Mail List to Stay Up To Date! Win a FREE Membership!

Sign up for the ARFCOM weekly newsletter and be entered to win a free ARFCOM membership. One new winner* is announced every week!

You will receive an email every Friday morning featuring the latest chatter from the hottest topics, breaking news surrounding legislation, as well as exclusive deals only available to ARFCOM email subscribers.

By signing up you agree to our User Agreement. *Must have a registered ARFCOM account to win.
Top Top