Close

Confirm Action

Are you sure you wish to do this?

Confirm Cancel
BCM
User Panel

Site Notices
Posted: 4/26/2016 8:14:04 AM EDT
How are you guys hauling around your ballistic helmets?  We unfortunately don't get the same car everyday, so bringing all my stuff from the lockers to the car is getting cumbersome.  Looking for a backpack with a beaver tail, and my Google search is failing me. I've found a few, but all the packs seem to be 300+ dollars, which is a bit rich for my blood.

I have a 5.11 Rush right now, which would be perfect for my needs, but no beaver trail. I would just carbiner the helmet to the pack, but don't like it swinging around (would also be used as an active killer med pack depending on the situation).
Link Posted: 4/26/2016 8:56:41 AM EDT
[#1]
I bought a 72 hour pack a few years ago. It holds a fully loaded plate carrier, a helmet, and a few other things quite comfortably.
Link Posted: 4/29/2016 8:57:38 PM EDT
[#2]

There are a couple beaver tails out there that can be backwards compatible with other companies packs.  Mystery Ranch makes/made the StickIt or something.  Kifaru has the GrabIt.  I've seen the Kifaru attached to I think it was a RAID pack.  

https://store.kifaru.net/grab-it-ii-p24.aspx

I have a personal patrol vehicle but keep my Tac gear in a flyers kit bag in the driver's side rear seat.  Not very sexy but my helmet sits in a cardboard box and my plate carrier sits around and over the box.  All this goes in the kit bag.  It comes out easy when there's a high risk callout and when I get a prisoner I just move the whole thing to the front seat.

Close Join Our Mail List to Stay Up To Date! Win a FREE Membership!

Sign up for the ARFCOM weekly newsletter and be entered to win a free ARFCOM membership. One new winner* is announced every week!

You will receive an email every Friday morning featuring the latest chatter from the hottest topics, breaking news surrounding legislation, as well as exclusive deals only available to ARFCOM email subscribers.

By signing up you agree to our User Agreement. *Must have a registered ARFCOM account to win.
Top Top