Warning

Close

Confirm Action

Are you sure you wish to do this?

Confirm Cancel
BCM
User Panel

Posted: 2/10/2016 11:05:44 PM EDT
I'm in a conundrum. I've had a dual purpose patrol dog out school and on the road and since November. I'm having a very difficult time keeping up on training and deployment logs. I'm getting pulled about eight different directions working K9, patrol, active shooter instructor for both law enforcement and school/business staffs, firearms/use of force instructor, policy development, dad, husband, you name it...

Does anyone have any narrative template or canned notes for tracking, apprehension, detection, building searches, articles searches, etc. I think this is good to prevent forgetting and excluding anything that should be included in the notes (breathing change, head turn, praise, etc.).

What this comes down to is that I'm not trying to cut corners in quality or content of my notes but am trying to be more efficient in my time management.
Link Posted: 2/11/2016 7:48:15 AM EDT
[#1]
Quoted:
I'm in a conundrum. I've had a dual purpose patrol dog out school and on the road and since November. I'm having a very difficult time keeping up on training and deployment logs. I'm getting pulled about eight different directions working K9, patrol, active shooter instructor for both law enforcement and school/business staffs, firearms/use of force instructor, policy development, dad, husband, you name it...

Does anyone have any narrative template or canned notes for tracking, apprehension, detection, building searches, articles searches, etc. I think this is good to prevent forgetting and excluding anything that should be included in the notes (breathing change, head turn, praise, etc.).

What this comes down to is that I'm not trying to cut corners in quality or content of my notes but am trying to be more efficient in my time management.
View Quote

The paperwork is the worst part. I'm interested as well if anyone has any ideas. I will say after a few years it gets a little more natural/easier. Do you work for a smaller dept? Are there any other handlers?
Link Posted: 2/11/2016 12:02:03 PM EDT
[#2]
PM me with your emails, I dont have a narrative but I have a form that lays it all out and makes it easier if you wanna take a look
Link Posted: 2/11/2016 3:35:27 PM EDT
[#3]
I work for an S.O. with 10 full time and 10 part time guys. I'm the first handler we've had in about 14 years.
Close Join Our Mail List to Stay Up To Date! Win a FREE Membership!

Sign up for the ARFCOM weekly newsletter and be entered to win a free ARFCOM membership. One new winner* is announced every week!

You will receive an email every Friday morning featuring the latest chatter from the hottest topics, breaking news surrounding legislation, as well as exclusive deals only available to ARFCOM email subscribers.

By signing up you agree to our User Agreement. *Must have a registered ARFCOM account to win.
Top Top