Warning

Close

Confirm Action

Are you sure you wish to do this?

Confirm Cancel
BCM
User Panel

Posted: 2/8/2016 4:30:57 AM EDT
Any patrol K9 handlers willing to send me a PM and answer a few questions or send some pointers for an upcoming interview?
Link Posted: 2/9/2016 11:11:00 PM EDT
[#1]
Quoted:
Any patrol K9 handlers willing to send me a PM and answer a few questions or send some pointers for an upcoming interview?
View Quote

Shoot me a PM
Link Posted: 2/9/2016 11:44:19 PM EDT
[#2]
I got out of K9 in 2008.  If you have any questions left after the previous reply, shoot me a message.
Link Posted: 2/10/2016 5:25:45 PM EDT
[#3]
you can message me as well
Link Posted: 2/10/2016 10:30:03 PM EDT
[#4]
I'm in. 21 years on. Got into K9 last August so I'm a rookie all over again.
Link Posted: 2/10/2016 10:55:38 PM EDT
[#5]
Discussion ForumsJump to Quoted PostQuote History
Quoted:
View Quote

Patrol or single purpose? Hell I hope I'm still in the kinda shape required for a dual purpose dog when I'm 21 years in!
Link Posted: 2/12/2016 9:56:05 PM EDT
[#6]
Thanks guys. I saw the offers for PMs a little late. I did get some help from a different forum member (he is detection only) but his interview pointers helped.

I got the call today, I got the spot.

I am beyond excited
Link Posted: 2/20/2016 10:52:47 PM EDT
[#7]
Good luck. It's the best job in the department. Be a handler and not a k9 chauffeur!
Link Posted: 2/20/2016 11:25:09 PM EDT
[#8]
Quoted:
Good luck. It's the best job in the department. Be a handler and not a k9 chauffeur!
View Quote

This, and TRUST YOUR DOG!
Link Posted: 2/21/2016 1:11:06 AM EDT
[#9]
Quoted:

View Quote View All Quotes
View All Quotes
Quoted:
Quoted:

thanks guys, great advice. I have been an agitator/decoy for years and an opening finally happened.

I hope I am a good handler and live up to our departments standards.
Link Posted: 2/21/2016 10:46:31 PM EDT
[#10]
Quoted:

thanks guys, great advice. I have been an agitator/decoy for years and an opening finally happened.

View All Quotes
Quoted:
Quoted:
Quoted:

You will do fine. Trust your dog and don't give up until you have put a "ghost" in cuffs. Nothing better than the feeling of finding the guy that has eluded everyone else
Link Posted: 2/21/2016 10:55:28 PM EDT
[#11]
Quoted:

Patrol or single purpose? Hell I hope I'm still in the kinda shape required for a dual purpose dog when I'm 21 years in!
View All Quotes
Quoted:
Quoted:

Patrol dog. I'm 43 but look 23. Lol. I'm in good enough shape except for my knees. I can keep up.
Link Posted: 2/22/2016 7:44:03 AM EDT
[#12]
Quoted:

Patrol dog. I'm 43 but look 23. Lol. I'm in good enough shape except for my knees. I can keep up.
View All Quotes
Quoted:
Quoted:
Quoted:

Add your shoulders to the list of casualties lol. Decoying is hell on em. There really is no better job in any dept. though
Close Join Our Mail List to Stay Up To Date! Win a FREE Membership!

Sign up for the ARFCOM weekly newsletter and be entered to win a free ARFCOM membership. One new winner* is announced every week!

You will receive an email every Friday morning featuring the latest chatter from the hottest topics, breaking news surrounding legislation, as well as exclusive deals only available to ARFCOM email subscribers.

By signing up you agree to our User Agreement. *Must have a registered ARFCOM account to win.
Top Top