Warning

Close

Confirm Action

Are you sure you wish to do this?

Confirm Cancel
BCM
User Panel

Posted: 2/7/2016 10:03:52 AM EDT
I'll be back in a uniform and need to get some lightweight, black, duty boots for daily wear.

My feet get hot and I need air circulation. I'm thinking a low boot like a 6".

I also don't want something that squeaks (5.11's have a reputation for squeaking)

I have Danner's and while nice, are hot and heavy, I wear them in the winter when it's raining and snowing.

So what do you guys like??
Link Posted: 2/7/2016 2:48:06 PM EDT
[#1]
Link Posted: 2/7/2016 2:55:29 PM EDT
[#2]
Discussion ForumsJump to Quoted PostQuote History
Quoted:
http://www.salomon.com/us/product/xa-pro-3d-mid-gtx-forces.html?article=119292

Less that $100 if you go through ProMotive...
View Quote

I have wear those and I've never seen them on pro motive.  Have you seen them on there?

OP I really like Nike. They won't last super long but they feel great if your looking for that "free" sole style.
Link Posted: 2/8/2016 9:15:16 AM EDT
[#3]
Quoted:

I have wear those and I've never seen them on pro motive.  Have you seen them on there?

OP I really like Nike. They won't last super long but they feel great if your looking for that "free" sole style.
View Quote View All Quotes
View All Quotes
Quoted:
Quoted:
http://www.salomon.com/us/product/xa-pro-3d-mid-gtx-forces.html?article=119292

Less that $100 if you go through ProMotive...

That's how I bought them...
Link Posted: 2/8/2016 4:19:49 PM EDT
[#4]
TacticalDistributors in another great place to buy the Salomon brand
Link Posted: 2/8/2016 7:36:02 PM EDT
[#5]
I'm wearing Rocky Portlands. Half the weight and price of Acadias, and look real similar.
Link Posted: 2/8/2016 9:09:49 PM EDT
[#6]
I have the 5.11 Evo 6inch. Pretty light, comfortable and have been wearing like iron.

http://www.511tactical.com/evo-6-waterproof-side-zip.html

J-
Link Posted: 2/9/2016 7:11:06 PM EDT
[#7]
underarmour valsetz side zip. Light as fuck, comfy, and nice and cool in the heat.

If you beat the crap out of them you can get a year out of them. For $100 they are a pretty good boot. I throw green superfeet in mine and replace the set about every 18 months.
Link Posted: 2/14/2016 11:20:40 PM EDT
[#8]
Quoted:
underarmour valsetz side zip. Light as fuck, comfy, and nice and cool in the heat.

If you beat the crap out of them you can get a year out of them. For $100 they are a pretty good boot. I throw green superfeet in mine and replace the set about every 18 months.
View Quote

THIS!

I love these boots. They are a hybrid tacticall boot/running shoe. They literally feel like a running shoe. Im in corrections and stand and move all day in these and they do not make my feet hurt at all and are super comfortable. Like said above, you can get over a year in them. Ive had mine for about a year and so far only a little fit of glue came out in the toe cap. Easy fix.
Link Posted: 2/16/2016 8:40:50 AM EDT
[#9]
Danner Tachyon's
Link Posted: 2/16/2016 2:16:37 PM EDT
[#10]
Quoted:
I'll be back in a uniform and need to get some lightweight, black, duty boots for daily wear.

My feet get hot and I need air circulation. I'm thinking a low boot like a 6".

I also don't want something that squeaks (5.11's have a reputation for squeaking)

I have Danner's and while nice, are hot and heavy, I wear them in the winter when it's raining and snowing.

So what do you guys like??
View Quote

BATES!!!!
Link Posted: 2/18/2016 10:49:38 AM EDT
[#11]
5.11 tac lite's.  No squeekey either.
Link Posted: 2/18/2016 7:19:58 PM EDT
[#12]
My preference is the Danner Stryker II

Not exactly "light" but they are not heavy either, I have never had my feet get overly hot in them
Link Posted: 2/24/2016 7:00:22 AM EDT
[#13]
Quoted:

View Quote

Another vote for UA. Not sure the exact style I had, but very comfortable. Only issue was they were not water proof. Recently changed to the EVO 8" from 5.11. So far comfortable and light. Probably not moving away from them for awhile.
Link Posted: 2/24/2016 10:16:37 PM EDT
[#14]
Redback UBBK

Best slip on boot ever.

A ton of fireman wear them and they are the best choice, trust me.

The tread lasts forever.  

You can choose soft toe or composite toe.

Link Posted: 2/26/2016 11:29:18 PM EDT
[#15]
I've been wearing Belleville Mini Mils for 2 years. They are just getting to the point I'm concerned about traction because of sole wear.

They can be shined, waterproof fine with spray but are incredibly breathable otherwise, and have been good quality for me.

I'll probably be purchasing another pair this summer.

If they made the same boot with a Gore-Tex liner I'd buy a pair this second.

I'm also pretty hardcore into minimalist shoes.
Link Posted: 2/29/2016 9:10:24 AM EDT
[#16]
Quoted:

View Quote

Ditto... I have a prosthetic leg, and have to go as light as possible.  THESE AIN'T COMBAT BOOTS...

They're super light and comfortable, and for daily patrol, they're the bee's knees...

If I was back in the city, walking through alleys foll of trash, shit, and human remains, I'd stay with leather. For my current, small town gig, I'm sure I'll get 2 or 3 years out of 'em
Link Posted: 3/8/2016 4:04:31 PM EDT
[#17]
Adidas makes a duty boot, but it is taller than 6"...I think it is an 8 or 10" boot IIRC, but it is built sort of like their athletic shoes.
Link Posted: 3/8/2016 11:01:40 PM EDT
[#18]
The semi new all leather oakleys are really light.  I bought them, but they are going back. Didnt fit my foot right.  A couple guys have them at my station and like them.

Personally they felt cheap to me.
Link Posted: 3/17/2016 7:07:15 PM EDT
[#19]
Retracting my endorsement of Underarmour Valsetz Boots.

3 months...falling apart.  Should have listened to the Amazon reviews.
Link Posted: 3/20/2016 12:56:42 PM EDT
[#20]
Absolutely love my Solomans.  Best boots I've worn in my 12 year career.  As long as they remain available, I will not purchase anything else.
Link Posted: 3/25/2016 2:41:32 PM EDT
[#21]
Rocky C4s are as light as it gets. Tons of circulation and the insole actually isn't bad at all. They can be had for 65 on sale from rocky sometimes. Most guys at work love the UA boots but they seem to go through them a lot faster than other boots. If you can find the older Oakley SI assault boots I think those are great, but hard to find now.
Link Posted: 3/29/2016 1:16:14 AM EDT
[#22]
I bought a pair of 5.11s and liked them.  I ordered a 2nd pair a month later (I always buy boots in pairs so when one pair gets muddy and wet, I wear the 2nd pair while the 1st pair dries).  Within 2 months, both pairs were falling apart.  The side zipper on the right boot of both pairs started popping until the zipper finally just fell apart.  Neither pair lasted more than 3 months.  I'll never buy 5.11s again.    
Close Join Our Mail List to Stay Up To Date! Win a FREE Membership!

Sign up for the ARFCOM weekly newsletter and be entered to win a free ARFCOM membership. One new winner* is announced every week!

You will receive an email every Friday morning featuring the latest chatter from the hottest topics, breaking news surrounding legislation, as well as exclusive deals only available to ARFCOM email subscribers.

By signing up you agree to our User Agreement. *Must have a registered ARFCOM account to win.
Top Top