Warning

Close

Confirm Action

Are you sure you wish to do this?

Confirm Cancel
BCM
User Panel

Posted: 11/15/2015 8:08:28 PM EDT
Any tips/advice for a Conservation Officer interview?

My resume looks good.  I had it reviewed by no less than three people, including a police officer.  My fitness test was last Friday and I did very well.

Interview is Wednesday.

Thanks
Link Posted: 11/15/2015 11:27:27 PM EDT
[#1]
Link Posted: 11/16/2015 8:58:02 AM EDT
[#2]
Just be honest and genuine. I found it helpful and relaxing to just imagine you were having a conversation while on a ride along or something. It's basically similar questions to what you would talk about casually anyways. That helped to keep me from being nervous.

Good luck!!
Link Posted: 11/16/2015 11:41:24 PM EDT
[#3]
Discussion ForumsJump to Quoted PostQuote History
Quoted:
Tell them how much you love ducks and trees.

Good luck!
View Quote

Don't forget about the baby bunnies!
Link Posted: 11/16/2015 11:42:51 PM EDT
[#4]
Link Posted: 11/19/2015 4:56:45 PM EDT
[#5]
If you have a prior professional career (as you do), and half a personality, it's hard to fuck up a police interview.

Don't be a jackass, or 'that guy' who wants a badge and gun so he can run around and act a douche.

Where the real cuts will come is in the background. For a big state agency, expect a similar bg to TS investigation. They may include a polygraph.
Link Posted: 11/19/2015 8:23:14 PM EDT
[#6]
I know for the MIDNR, the biggest thing they look for is life experience with their panels. Situations you've been in, what you did with those situations, and the results.

It's hard to say, every interview I've had, had a different "theme" to it.
Link Posted: 11/19/2015 8:39:07 PM EDT
[#7]
I believe I did well in the interview.

Then they took me into a room and wanted me to identify 90 items for them.  Things got a little hairy in there.  They were very straight-laced with the whole process but I did get a chuckle from them when I brought a boat safety light to my face and smelled it.
Close Join Our Mail List to Stay Up To Date! Win a FREE Membership!

Sign up for the ARFCOM weekly newsletter and be entered to win a free ARFCOM membership. One new winner* is announced every week!

You will receive an email every Friday morning featuring the latest chatter from the hottest topics, breaking news surrounding legislation, as well as exclusive deals only available to ARFCOM email subscribers.

By signing up you agree to our User Agreement. *Must have a registered ARFCOM account to win.
Top Top