Warning

Close

Confirm Action

Are you sure you wish to do this?

Confirm Cancel
BCM
User Panel

Posted: 9/26/2015 3:20:16 PM EDT
Gentleman, need your help picking out a new duty belt/ gear belt setup since I’ve dropped almost 100lbs recently, didn't want to be the Dunlop over the duty belt guy, so shit had to change. anyways, current belt which is on the most inner notch is a safariland leather belt with 2 mag latched mag carrier that was gifted to me and I added a safariland level 2 holster for my glock (armed security in FL and Vegas both require level 2 holster for the companies that employ me ). I was thinking about going with a HSGI slim belt (their war belt but not as tall webbing wise) and the taco pouch setups. I’m lucking out and getting stuff at cost which is 25% off retail thru a buddy of mine, but I need to assemble a list of what pouches and stuff I would need. For right now I’m going to go with black as the color instead of the flavor of the year camo pattern (MC, ATACS, Kryptec, etc.)

Since you guys have a collective real world knowledge/experience, how would you set it up as primarily an armed security officer belt, and backup/dual use as a combat belt. The only thing I can think of is having to order a set of pistol mag only pouch and have a dual stacked AR/pistol mag pouch that I can swap out if needed, as most of the rent a cop ones I do never use an AR.

Most likely I would sell the safariland belt and covered mag pouch to recoup money towards new purchase, and try to transfer over the safariland lvl 2 holster since I am a lefty. I would assume I would want 2-4 glock mags taco pouch style, OC spray container, one for cuffs. Can you guys think of any modifications or recommendations?

much thanks
Link Posted: 9/26/2015 6:19:36 PM EDT
[#1]
Taco pouches have their place, I don't like them directly on a belt though. I've got them on my outer vest carrier. Not knowing what you're carrying exactly, or even whether you want to stick with the duty belt/pants belt setup. I'd recommend a standard nylon duty belt with a nylon pants belt under. The velcro-on-velcro is awesome at keeping the duty belt in place and with a few keepers, you'd be gtg. Holster, mag pouches etc... I wouldn't recommend wearing just a pant belt with all your gear on that. It might be ok once or twice but if this is a full time job... go with the duty belt.
Link Posted: 9/26/2015 7:51:12 PM EDT
[#2]
Discussion ForumsJump to Quoted PostQuote History
Quoted:
Taco pouches have their place, I don't like them directly on a belt though. I've got them on my outer vest carrier. Not knowing what you're carrying exactly, or even whether you want to stick with the duty belt/pants belt setup. I'd recommend a standard nylon duty belt with a nylon pants belt under. The velcro-on-velcro is awesome at keeping the duty belt in place and with a few keepers, you'd be gtg. Holster, mag pouches etc... I wouldn't recommend wearing just a pant belt with all your gear on that. It might be ok once or twice but if this is a full time job... go with the duty belt.
View Quote

Running average Glock 17 left hand with mags. And I've tried the bianchi Velcro belt system but it gets annoying to me taking on and off for bathroom break or getting it to match up all around when putting on in the morning.
Link Posted: 9/30/2015 11:10:03 AM EDT
[#3]
I'd recommend not throwing the old one out, just in case.
Link Posted: 9/30/2015 12:16:40 PM EDT
[#4]

Quoted:

View Quote View All Quotes
View All Quotes
Quoted:

...but it gets annoying to me taking on and off for bathroom break or getting it to match up all around when putting on in the morning.
That's gonna happen. I lay all 5 of my keepers out so they go on the same way next time. As far as breaks, there is an advanced technique whereby you remove as much weight as possible from the belt... (pistol, mags, radio). Then just undo the front like normal and slide it all down. Retuck in layers. That way the belt and keepers stay in place. You may have to back up against the wall a sec as a "third hand". It's a learned skill; they should teach it in academy. lol

Link Posted: 10/15/2015 7:53:08 PM EDT
[#5]
This guy above me knows what he's talking about!

To put it on,

Grab the pistol holster. put it where you want it, then lay the front on. Then, using hand to hand, bring the back part around back, and lay it til they overlap in front.

THEN, put you a keeper in front of your pistol holster, maybe even behind it if you are moto.

To shit.

let it all drop. secure your weapon if you are in a stall, last thing you want is some asshole grabbing your pistol under the stall wall.

When you are cleaned up, stand up, turn so butt faces wall. pull t shirt down, then vest tails down, then shirt down. Bend down, grab your belts, pull up. Pin belt to back of wall with your butt, tuck shirts and crap around to suit. Buckle up. Then reholster, and put your shoulder mike (if you have one) back where it belongs.

It's faster and simpler to do than to say, and I'll never go back to the gunbelt-around-the-neck way, either. NEVER hang your belt on a stall door coat hook, either. You are begging for trouble that way.

.... what was the actual question, again?
Close Join Our Mail List to Stay Up To Date! Win a FREE Membership!

Sign up for the ARFCOM weekly newsletter and be entered to win a free ARFCOM membership. One new winner* is announced every week!

You will receive an email every Friday morning featuring the latest chatter from the hottest topics, breaking news surrounding legislation, as well as exclusive deals only available to ARFCOM email subscribers.

By signing up you agree to our User Agreement. *Must have a registered ARFCOM account to win.
Top Top