Warning

Close

Confirm Action

Are you sure you wish to do this?

Confirm Cancel
BCM
User Panel

Posted: 7/28/2015 8:12:09 PM EDT
Like a lot of people out there I won't tolerate poor policework. I expect a degree of professionalism. Fair enough. You take the King's shilling, you take the King's orders.

That being said, I really am sick and tired of people picking fights with cops and wondering why they come in second place.

While a lot of this crap can be avoided by smart and tactful police work, it can also be avoided by simply being civil to a policeman.

It is getting increasingly more and more difficult to get upset when I see someone pick a fight with a cop and lose.

Link Posted: 7/28/2015 8:13:49 PM EDT
[#1]
Quoted:
Like a lot of people out there I won't tolerate poor policework. I expect a degree of professionalism. Fair enough. You take the King's shilling, you take the King's orders.

That being said, I really am sick and tired of people picking fights with cops and wondering why they come in second place.

While a lot of this crap can be avoided by smart and tactful police work, it can also be avoided by simply being civil to a policeman.

It is getting increasingly more and more difficult to get upset when I see someone pick a fight with a cop and lose.

View Quote

Amen.
Link Posted: 7/28/2015 8:23:33 PM EDT
[#2]
A little squirming is not an invitation for a flurry of punches from the arresting officer.

(I saw a video recently of a cop hammering the shit out of a girl, then the chief bitching that the bystanders took video instead of helping the officer.)

If you hit me I'm not going to cooperate. I'm going to shield myself from your blows or otherwise get out of your reach. Cops who go straight to the fists to make an arrest don't understand human nature.
Link Posted: 7/28/2015 8:36:34 PM EDT
[#3]
Discussion ForumsJump to Quoted PostQuote History
Quoted:
A little squirming is not an invitation for a flurry of punches from the arresting officer.

(I saw a video recently of a cop hammering the shit out of a girl, then the chief bitching that the bystanders took video instead of helping the officer.)

If you hit me I'm not going to cooperate. I'm going to shield myself from your blows or otherwise get out of your reach. Cops who go straight to the fists to make an arrest don't understand human nature.
View Quote

Last time I checked cops were human beings and had human natures. (Sorry guys, but ain't one of you guys is a robot.)

It is human nature to get something done (including an arrest) with as little effort as possible. I would have to say that 99.99$ of all cops out there really don't want to take things to the next level.

Most people may find it surprising, but most cops really don't like the .01% that do escalate things without just cause. If simply for no other reason but the fact that it makes their job more difficult.
Link Posted: 7/28/2015 8:47:21 PM EDT
[#4]
Quoted:

Last time I checked cops were human beings and had human natures. (Sorry guys, but ain't one of you guys is a robot.)

It is human nature to get something done (including an arrest) with as little effort as possible. I would have to say that 99.99$ of all cops out there really don't want to take things to the next level.

Most people may find it surprising, but most cops really don't like the .01% that do escalate things without just cause. If simply for no other reason but the fact that it makes their job more difficult.
View Quote View All Quotes
View All Quotes
Quoted:
Quoted:

Considering the machinery in place to protect the .01% and the mental gymnastics people employ to justify the sudden escalation of force I'm skeptical of any broad claim of disapproval amongst the ranks.

I usually defend the cops, but on the matter of using "ground & pound" on someone because they want to talk out the problem before the cuffs go on my patience is at an end.
Link Posted: 7/28/2015 9:02:31 PM EDT
[#5]
Quoted:

I usually defend the cops, but on the matter of using "ground & pound" on someone because they want to talk out the problem before the cuffs go on my patience is at an end.
View Quote

Always remember that you never hear about the arrests/citations/other police-citizen contacts that were made with no bullshit and fanfare.

The ONLY ones that seem to make the news are the ones where someone picked a fight with the wrong cop.
Link Posted: 7/28/2015 9:16:34 PM EDT
[#6]
Quoted:

Always remember that you never hear about the arrests/citations/other police-citizen contacts that were made with no bullshit and fanfare.

The ONLY ones that seem to make the news are the ones where someone picked a fight with the wrong cop.
View Quote View All Quotes
View All Quotes
Quoted:
Quoted:

In my misspent youth I got myself arrested three times. I ran into one of "those cops" one of those times. Fortunately, I'm smart/savvy enough to not push the guy's buttons.

It's easy. Once I knew I was going to jail I assumed a submissive posture and asked "okay, how do you want me do this?" The time to talk was over. My fate was sealed. All I could do was make it as easy as possible for everyone. Some arrestees seem determined to try to get some kind of victory or retain any sort of control over their situation. That's where the troubles often start.
Link Posted: 7/28/2015 9:35:06 PM EDT
[#7]
Quoted:

In my misspent youth I got myself arrested three times. I ran into one of "those cops" one of those times. Fortunately, I'm smart/savvy enough to not push the guy's buttons.

It's easy. Once I knew I was going to jail I assumed a submissive posture and asked "okay, how do you want me do this?" The time to talk was over. My fate was sealed. All I could do was make it as easy as possible for everyone. Some arrestees seem determined to try to get some kind of victory or retain any sort of control over their situation. That's where the troubles often start.
View Quote

One time years ago when I was living in Kodiak I got word on the street the cops were looking for me.

I figured "Fuck that shit! I ain't getting cuffed and stuffed!" and headed to the cop shop at a dogtrot, evading a cruiser along the way.

I walked in and simply told the woman behind the counter "I'm here if you want me. Word on the street is I'm getting busted for something."

A smirking officer came out and simply told me he had a couple of questions for me and that the bust part was a false alarm. He asked me a couple of questions and sent me on my way.

A couple hours later a certain smartass sergeant saw me on the sidewalk and pulled up. "Hey, Pic!" he laughed. "We were going to try and pin the Ray Sanchez murder on you but you made it too easy for us!" and drove off.

Link Posted: 7/30/2015 12:49:30 PM EDT
[#8]
Hey, beats working. Just look at the payouts for a beating or better yet getting shot. Ever see a "jury of your peers" in an urban area? If you did you'd see why a jurisdiction is so quick to pay out the guy with 50 arrests on his record rather then fight it.

Add to that NOT giving out the money, your/my money, may lose da big Boss votes. Most of all with segments of society they need to stay on the public tit.

Ever notice how the guy running the show is a Lawyer? Thick as thieves they are and there is a symbiotic relationship between the sheister's and the law breakers. Kinda like the Lion and the Zebra. And times are good for these shitheads because the media has made it kinda OK to fight the Police after breaking the Law right? Its OK to Loot and pelt the po-po with bricks cause "it be only property".

So expect higher taxes to both pay for the upkeep, birth to tomb, for these Bums AND their payouts when they hit the Ghetto Lottery. Actually its not a bad scam, maybe I'll take it up when I retire. With my knowledge I could easily press the right buttons and catch an azz beating, hell Ive caught them for nothing before.

Anything is better then this gig.
Close Join Our Mail List to Stay Up To Date! Win a FREE Membership!

Sign up for the ARFCOM weekly newsletter and be entered to win a free ARFCOM membership. One new winner* is announced every week!

You will receive an email every Friday morning featuring the latest chatter from the hottest topics, breaking news surrounding legislation, as well as exclusive deals only available to ARFCOM email subscribers.

By signing up you agree to our User Agreement. *Must have a registered ARFCOM account to win.
Top Top