Close

Confirm Action

Are you sure you wish to do this?

Confirm Cancel
BCM
User Panel

Site Notices
Posted: 7/27/2015 8:25:34 PM EDT
Is it just me or does the Springfield LEO discount suck anymore. I mean you can buy the same gun for less online from several places for cheaper than their price. It's great that they offer the program but doesn't seam like its a good deal anymore. I purchased a 1911 from them through the program in 2008 and the price was just over $1,000.00. now that same gun is $1400.00. I love Springfield's customer service and their SACS does incredible work, but when did they increase the prices on their LEO program. Are there any good gun deals to be had out there from manufacturers anymore? Rant over.
Link Posted: 7/30/2015 10:58:36 AM EDT
[#1]
It's a nice gesture on their part....but I don't use the program either because they can be found cheaper.
Link Posted: 7/30/2015 12:30:43 PM EDT
[#2]
When I want another M14 type, I buy a used Chinese Norinco/Polytech. Way better deal, forged receiver, chrome-lined barrel. $900 or less

If you want a HK clone, Zenith is offering 20% off for LE, factory-direct. I think it's 20% off MSRP, and don't know how it compares to FFL/distributor pricing.

Obviously it wouldn't be yours to keep, but if you could get your agency to obtain a USGI M14 for work through 1033, that's a sweet deal. As soon as ours come in, one's going full-EBR mode. I already bought the Sage stock, Smith parts, and XS sight. Whenever we part ways, they'll sadly be taken off the 'MERICA and placed on the China. lol
Link Posted: 7/30/2015 10:33:46 PM EDT
[#3]
You're complaining about a discount?
Link Posted: 7/31/2015 1:12:31 AM EDT
[#4]
It's awesome they offer the discount don't get me wrong. But compared to what it used to be a few years ago and then add that you can buy the same thing cheaper from a retailer I just wonder why their reps talk up the LEO discount like its an amazing deal.
Link Posted: 7/31/2015 8:51:09 AM EDT
[#5]

Discussion ForumsJump to Quoted PostQuote History
Quoted:

When I want another M14 type, I buy a used Chinese Norinco/Polytech. Way better deal, forged receiver, chrome-lined barrel. $900 or less

If you want a HK clone, Zenith is offering 20% off for LE, factory-direct. I think it's 20% off MSRP, and don't know how it compares to FFL/distributor pricing.
Obviously it wouldn't be yours to keep, but if you could get your agency to obtain a USGI M14 for work through 1033, that's a sweet deal. As soon as ours come in, one's going full-EBR mode. I already bought the Sage stock, Smith parts, and XS sight. Whenever we part ways, they'll sadly be taken off the 'MERICA and placed on the China. lol

View Quote

I fear that the 1033's releasing of these sorts of items will soon come to an end.
Link Posted: 7/31/2015 8:50:20 PM EDT
[#6]
All the more reason to get them now. Ours are coming from another agency that's had them in their vault a while.
Link Posted: 8/5/2015 3:53:35 PM EDT
[#7]
I purchased an MC operator from them and my dealer said I got a better deal then he could get at cost.
Link Posted: 8/8/2015 10:11:32 PM EDT
[#8]
Quoted:
View Quote

This. Drives me insane.

They're not obligated to provide a discount in the first place.

OP, are you the guy that goes to restaurants asking for leo discounts on a $6 meal?
Link Posted: 8/9/2015 12:11:00 PM EDT
[#9]
Quoted:

This. Drives me insane.

OP, are you the guy that goes to restaurants asking for leo discounts on a $6 meal?
View Quote View All Quotes
View All Quotes
Quoted:
Quoted:

This. Drives me insane.

Kind of this. I don't think OP is saying that they're obligated.

Springfield probably knows that not many depts. are going to be forking over big bucks for single action guns. So unlike Glock, they don't stand to make as much per gun with each discounted 1911 sale.

I'm just starting but I don't accept discounts in general. Dry cleaners insist on doing my clothes for free, I pay it forward for the next guy. Same at restaurants, or a waitress gets a fat tip.  Hell I even bought a red label Glock.
Link Posted: 8/9/2015 4:30:47 PM EDT
[#10]
no, I'm not the guy that asks for discounts, and if at a meal place and they give me one the waiter gets a fat tip whether they deserve it or not. I'm just expressing my opinion on what was once an awesome discount only a few years ago and its not anymore.
Close Join Our Mail List to Stay Up To Date! Win a FREE Membership!

Sign up for the ARFCOM weekly newsletter and be entered to win a free ARFCOM membership. One new winner* is announced every week!

You will receive an email every Friday morning featuring the latest chatter from the hottest topics, breaking news surrounding legislation, as well as exclusive deals only available to ARFCOM email subscribers.

By signing up you agree to our User Agreement. *Must have a registered ARFCOM account to win.
Top Top