Confirm Action

Are you sure you wish to do this?

Confirm Cancel
BCM
User Panel

Arrow Left Previous Page
Page / 2
Posted: 7/19/2015 6:02:09 PM EDT
Thinking about joining.  I already know about the organization and I fully support the mission.  I don't know why I haven't already joined (probably because I know I'd get put on a government list, but fuck it, I'm sure I'm already on it).

Link Posted: 7/19/2015 8:26:22 PM EDT
[#1]
If you want to go ahead.

I always found the concept some what silly/illogical and insulting.  I mean I take an oath every four years as a cop.  I took an oath when I enlisted and the 3 times I re-enlisted with the Guard.  But that ain't good enough.  Some how taking their oath makes it all better.  I mean, if I take my oaths seriously, all those other oaths means there is nothing to worry about.  If I don't take them seriously, what makes me take the oathkeepers one any more seriously than the previous dozen/dozen and a half oaths I have taken.

JMO YMMV
Link Posted: 7/19/2015 9:09:58 PM EDT
[#2]
Not only no, but fuck no.

I swore in when I became a cop, plus 7 (and counting) .mil contracts, I don't need some crackerjack whackjob to remind me of my duty.
Link Posted: 7/19/2015 9:14:50 PM EDT
[#3]
I understand you points, but it's more of a networking / support thing, it appears to me.
Link Posted: 7/19/2015 9:16:45 PM EDT
[#4]
Discussion ForumsJump to Quoted PostQuote History
Quoted:
I understand you points, but it's more of a networking / support thing, it appears to me.
View Quote

The Facebook group "LE Only" is more than adequate for that.  Plus, reach out in the real world.  Go to classes and conferences.
Link Posted: 7/19/2015 9:21:53 PM EDT
[#5]
Quoted:
If you want to go ahead.

I always found the concept some what silly/illogical and insulting.  I mean I take an oath every four years as a cop.  I took an oath when I enlisted and the 3 times I re-enlisted with the Guard.  But that ain't good enough.  Some how taking their oath makes it all better.  I mean, if I take my oaths seriously, all those other oaths means there is nothing to worry about.  If I don't take them seriously, what makes me take the oathkeepers one any more seriously than the previous dozen/dozen and a half oaths I have taken.

JMO YMMV
View Quote

Pretty much this.

No need to go all Randy Shackleford and worry about oaths to a gold fringed flag.
Link Posted: 7/19/2015 9:22:51 PM EDT
[#6]
BOTS....sorry.... I'm lost.
Link Posted: 7/19/2015 9:26:50 PM EDT
[#7]
I don't have much use for the organization.  Lots of good people in it but there are a lot of nuts in it too.  I deal with enough nuts at work.....don't need to be dealing with any more.
Link Posted: 7/19/2015 10:01:25 PM EDT
[#8]
I'm a former member (still and always have followed the Constitution etc). Think I was a first 1000 member. I used to really hype them in the beginning. They kinda took a weird turn passed the original intent and some of their members turned out to be real crackpots. Chose not to be a paying member after a couple of years because of that stuff.

My honest opinion after having been a member, save your money, as long as you keep your oath, you re an "oath keeper" and you don't need a fancy card or sticker on your ride to show it.

J-
Link Posted: 7/19/2015 11:52:58 PM EDT
[#9]
Watch out for drone strikes.

Link Posted: 7/20/2015 2:29:21 PM EDT
[#10]
Seems like one of those things that could not be beneficial to employment.
Link Posted: 7/20/2015 6:26:05 PM EDT
[#11]
My agency pegged them for a non-standard activity. IAU was watching interwebz traffic from departmental computers. YMMV.

Past that, having had along conversation with a very active member who is also an LEO I'm convinced it's pretty much all BS.

No cop I know of will respond to a domestic with allegations of violence(yet no physical evidence, but round these parts taking the guns regardless is often SOP) and refuse a Sgt's/Lt's/HQ order to remove the weapons from the home.  No cop will risk and insubordination charge, getting burned days, or jeopardize their pension for what is common practice.
Link Posted: 7/20/2015 6:58:53 PM EDT
[#12]
My favorite 6. We will NOT obey any order to blockade American cities, thus turning them into giant concentration camps.

Gee I swear. No, I really swear. No I really, really swear.

Let me guess, they have a forum obsessed with cop stuff by cop wannabee's too?
Link Posted: 7/20/2015 7:25:31 PM EDT
[#13]
Yo, dawg, I heard you like oaths.  Here's an oath that you'll fulfill the oath that you took.

No, thank you.  The nutter element is strong with that organization.
Link Posted: 7/20/2015 8:53:42 PM EDT
[#14]
Stay as far away from those idiots as you can.
Link Posted: 7/20/2015 8:59:07 PM EDT
[#15]
Quoted:
View Quote

This, what are you thinking OP?
Link Posted: 7/20/2015 11:35:44 PM EDT
[#16]
The politicians are the ones who's Oath's need to be in question. We don't make the law, we just do what the law says. You don't like it, there is a process to change it....and targeting cops is not the way.
Link Posted: 7/26/2015 2:30:40 PM EDT
[#17]
I joined the Oathkeepers several years back after being ordered to perform forced, warrantless blood draws on suspected drunk drivers, which I believed to be in violation of the 4th amendment and the supremacy clause. I knew I didn't need to pay $40 and be a member to do the right thing, but I liked their overall message at the time.

Then they sent out a memo in 2013  instructing members to form special forces style "civilization preservation teams." The memo states, "The Oath Keepers national Board of Directors war-gamed what we think is the most likely move by our enemies to scrap the Constitution."

Continuing through the document, they very clearly describe the enemy as the U.S. Federal Government. This is dangerous, borderline sedition. It's okay to form militia units to defend against foreign or domestic attacks against your state or the nation, and to support your community during times of disaster, but at the point where you name the U.S. Government as your enemy who you are war-gaming against, you have stepped dangerously close to rebellion.  Rebellion is not something I can support at this time, and it is not the reason I joined the Oathkeepers. I began distancing myself from them.

Later I tried attending a local Oathkeepers supported concert called the "Liberty Tour," and discovered that the Oathkeepers had become a group of actual colors-wearing outlaw biker gang members, who turned me away at the door for open carrying. That sealed it for me. I scraped the sticker off my truck and will never associate with anything the Oathkeepers do again.
Link Posted: 7/26/2015 2:36:11 PM EDT
[#18]
I forgot to mention the Bundy Ranch where they actually squared off with arms against federal agencies. All over a cattle rancher who refused to pay grazing fees to the BLM because of a very dubious lineage to early mormon settlers. Does that sound worth killing over?
Link Posted: 7/26/2015 3:35:11 PM EDT
[#19]
Quoted:
I forgot to mention the Bundy Ranch where they actually squared off with arms against federal agencies. All over a cattle rancher who refused to pay grazing fees to the BLM because of a very dubious lineage to early mormon settlers. Does that sound worth killing over?
View Quote

And then they left because according to them they had "credible info" that a drone strike on the ranch had been authorized by Eric Holder.
Link Posted: 7/26/2015 8:50:46 PM EDT
[#20]
Quoted:

And then they left because according to them they had "credible info" that a drone strike on the ranch had been authorized by Eric Holder.
View Quote View All Quotes
View All Quotes
Quoted:
Quoted:

Wait what?  The the fed was gonna do an illegal drone strike doesn't that little oath thingy they took say they should have stuck around and like done something??????
Link Posted: 7/27/2015 3:07:55 AM EDT
[#21]
Quoted:

Wait what?  The the fed was gonna do an illegal drone strike doesn't that little oath thingy they took say they should have stuck around and like done something??????
View All Quotes
Quoted:
Quoted:
Quoted:

Would that be illegal?

You have a group of people (lets not mince words) in active rebellion against the federal government. The law allows the feds to suppress rebellion. Would a strike against the rebels be illegal? President Lincoln didn't seem to think so.

I'm not saying that rebellion may not be necessary under certain circumstances. Certainly our Founding Fathers felt it necessary enough to lay down their lives and fortunes for the freedom we enjoy today. But over some jackass expert on the "negra" grazing his cattle on public land and refusing to pay the appropriate fees? No.
Link Posted: 7/28/2015 12:30:59 AM EDT
[#22]
I suggest that being linked to a bunch of goobers that fantisize about killing you and your co-workers when SHTF comes is not the best idea.
Link Posted: 7/28/2015 12:34:13 AM EDT
[#23]
I'm just going to sit here, eating my popcorn and laugh

#3%
Link Posted: 7/28/2015 1:36:35 PM EDT
[#24]
After they went to Bundy's aid, no way.  I won't get into the whole fucked up situation that was, but I have taken both the oath for the military and police service.  I find it ironic that those that have taken military and federal oath's were willing to protect a man that didn't even recognize the government that issued those oaths.   There was just as much of a chance of the oathkeepers and militias shooting it out with each other as shooting it out with the feds if you read and watch the videos of what happened when the oathkeepers decided to pull out when the drone rumor began to circulate.  The whole thing was sophmoric and like a bad Family Vacation movie( "No, that's bad. I mean, we can't close our eyes to the plight of the cities. Kids, are you noticing all this plight?  This'll just make us appreciate what we have. (There's a gunshot somewhere near the car, followed by a scream) Roll 'em up!")
Link Posted: 7/30/2015 12:44:17 AM EDT
[#25]
Quoted:

#3%
View Quote

What was the point of that?
Link Posted: 7/30/2015 12:47:21 AM EDT
[#26]
Link Posted: 7/30/2015 8:51:43 PM EDT
[#27]
Quoted:
You're a police officer  
View All Quotes
Quoted:
Quoted:
Thinking about joining.  I already know about the organization and I fully support the mission.  I don't know why I haven't already joined (probably because I know I'd get put on a government list, but fuck it, I'm sure I'm already on it).

You're a police officer  

Nope, never.  Retired from another job that qualifies for membership.  Swore the same oath, with my right hand to God, and I take that very seriously.

Link Posted: 7/30/2015 10:07:21 PM EDT
[#28]

Quoted:
View All Quotes
Quoted:

Quoted:

#3%

Generally militia and oathkeepers tards are white trash shit?

Generally, not all
Link Posted: 7/30/2015 10:33:04 PM EDT
[#29]
Quoted:

Generally, not all
View All Quotes
Quoted:
Quoted:
Quoted:

#3%

Generally, not all

Oh that's lovely dear. Thank you for your contribution.
Link Posted: 8/29/2015 10:52:24 PM EDT
[#30]
Quoted:

Then they sent out a memo in 2013  instructing members to form special forces style "civilization preservation teams." The memo states, "The Oath Keepers national Board of Directors war-gamed what we think is the most likely move by our enemies to scrap the Constitution."

Continuing through the document, they very clearly describe the enemy as the U.S. Federal Government. This is dangerous, borderline sedition. It's okay to form militia units to defend against foreign or domestic attacks against your state or the nation, and to support your community during times of disaster, but at the point where you name the U.S. Government as your enemy who you are war-gaming against, you have stepped dangerously close to rebellion.  Rebellion is not something I can support at this time, and it is not the reason I joined the Oathkeepers. I began distancing myself from them.

Later I tried attending a local Oathkeepers supported concert called the "Liberty Tour," and discovered that the Oathkeepers had become a group of actual colors-wearing outlaw biker gang members, who turned me away at the door for open carrying. That sealed it for me. I scraped the sticker off my truck and will never associate with anything the Oathkeepers do again.
View Quote

I'm not trying to square off against you or anyone, and I hope I can jump in here and ask some questions.   I am not LE, but I am a US Citizen and as such, I have the duty to be (politically) informed and to be (politically) involved to try to influence the govt (ie, ALL govt) to keep true with the constitutional republic as defined by the US Constitution.   This includes me offering affirmative political speech as well as resisting pressure to participate in 'forced speech' (mandated speech, or perhaps this will help:  'politically correct' speech).   This is the essence of the 1st Amendment.   I also have the duty to be armed in defense of my constitutional republic against all enemies, both foreign and domestic.   In fact, each state should sanction and fund their own militia units for the purpose of maintaining law and order (above and beyond 'police') including presenting a worthy force against government overreach (that's a nice word for it nowadays).   The political reality is simple:   governments can flat run over people if said people have no *real* power to resist.   That is the essence of the entire Bill of Rights.   Militias which are not 'well regulated' (organized, trained and equipped) are simply not very effective for any purpose.

Skipping some details for the sake of brevity, what is the US Citizen to do when the Federal govt is the primary source of lawlessness?   One does not need to be hyper-aware of what's going on to see how much destruction is being brought to the USA by way of Federal 'laws', programs, policies and actions.   Every day I wonder where are the true American, Federal agents who are supposed to 'protect and defend the Constitution...' against heads of state, cabinet members, attorneys general and even presidents who consistently and deliberately act against the USA and 'edict upon' the USA?    Do I have to offer some details or is this crowd politically aware enough already to know what all is going on?
Link Posted: 8/29/2015 11:41:00 PM EDT
[#31]
...I left out the most significant destroyers of the US Constitution and the rule of law (centered around the sanctity of private property which is espoused by the Declaration of Independence and the Constitution):   unelected judges.   That group alone has just about destroyed the political system called the "democratic constitutional republic called the United States of America".  A century or two from now, when the USA is just a blurb in the history books, won't it be poetic that the 'democratic constitutional republic', the best one ever, called the USA, was single-handedly destroyed by *un*-elected judges?!?    This republic will fail not because the system was faulty, but because The People did not 'fight' to understand it, enact it and preserve it.

Oh well ... civilizations come and go, yo ?
Link Posted: 8/30/2015 12:06:38 AM EDT
[#32]
IME, they're a bunch of conspiracy theory whack jobs.

Former member.
Link Posted: 8/30/2015 12:55:39 AM EDT
[#33]
I think OK are what you make of them.

I'm sure there are good dudes, but it tends to attract some nuts.
Link Posted: 8/30/2015 3:10:17 AM EDT
[#34]
Quoted:

I'm not trying to square off against you or anyone, and I hope I can jump in here and ask some questions.   I am not LE, but I am a US Citizen and as such, I have the duty to be (politically) informed and to be (politically) involved to try to influence the govt (ie, ALL govt) to keep true with the constitutional republic as defined by the US Constitution.   This includes me offering affirmative political speech as well as resisting pressure to participate in 'forced speech' (mandated speech, or perhaps this will help:  'politically correct' speech).   This is the essence of the 1st Amendment.   I also have the duty to be armed in defense of my constitutional republic against all enemies, both foreign and domestic.   In fact, each state should sanction and fund their own militia units for the purpose of maintaining law and order (above and beyond 'police') including presenting a worthy force against government overreach (that's a nice word for it nowadays).   The political reality is simple:   governments can flat run over people if said people have no *real* power to resist.   That is the essence of the entire Bill of Rights.   Militias which are not 'well regulated' (organized, trained and equipped) are simply not very effective for any purpose.

Skipping some details for the sake of brevity, what is the US Citizen to do when the Federal govt is the primary source of lawlessness?   One does not need to be hyper-aware of what's going on to see how much destruction is being brought to the USA by way of Federal 'laws', programs, policies and actions.   Every day I wonder where are the true American, Federal agents who are supposed to 'protect and defend the Constitution...' against heads of state, cabinet members, attorneys general and even presidents who consistently and deliberately act against the USA and 'edict upon' the USA?    Do I have to offer some details or is this crowd politically aware enough already to know what all is going on?
View All Quotes
Quoted:
Quoted:

I don't disagree fundamentally with what you are saying. Clearly, violent revolutions have been a historical necessity, and our founding fathers prepared us for and warned us about the possible need for revolution in the future. What I am saying is that our current conditions do not warrant violent revolution. As poorly as it sometimes seems, our republic is still functioning.

Joining or forming a militia, a preparedness group, or a group that reminds people of their constitutional obligations is good.  Preparing to defend our nation and your state against foreign and domestic enemies is good. These activities should be encouraged. Forming strike teams with the written, documented intent to specifically fight our federal government is rebellion. Pointing rifles at federal agents over a dubious public land dispute in Nevada is rebellion.

So if you think it's time for rebellion, go all in. Don't be a pussy about it with these half measures. I don't think it is time for rebellion, so I will no longer associate myself with the Oathkeepers, being that they are encouraging people to form strike teams for rebellion. Being thrown out of their event for open carrying, and discovering that they have been infiltrated by colors wearing outlaw biker gang members,  affirmed my decision not to be a part of that organization any longer.

I was recently informed that there is a growing amount of turmoil within of the Oathkeepers organization. They have completely lost sight of their original goal, which was to educate public safety personnel about their constitutional obligations following the Hurricane Katrina gun confiscations. I can refuse to obey unconstitutional orders without paying $40 per year to insurrectionists. The Oathkeepers have made themselves irrelevant.
Link Posted: 8/30/2015 3:39:56 AM EDT
[#35]
Quoted:

View Quote

Interesting. That's exactly what I say about knuckle rubbers. Mahabone.
Link Posted: 8/30/2015 12:18:28 PM EDT
[#36]
Quoted:

View All Quotes
Quoted:
Quoted:

No need to be defensive.
Link Posted: 8/30/2015 1:03:36 PM EDT
[#37]
Alive .... nothing works anymore.   The Federal govt and many state govts are dyfunctional, corrupt and broken.   They are effective only in furthering an anti-Constitutional agenda.   Society would have completely fallen apart by now except:   private enterprise is still mostly functioning (stubbornly, and IN SPITE OF the govt), and, local govts are doing their best to hold it all together.   Plus, most people, generally, are 'good' people.   (which is why Trump is so popular:   the political class is in more trouble with Americans than any racial group ... but not according to our 'king'.)

The current US House of Reps cannot affirmatively *do* anything except sometimes stop (or slow) the furthering of this slow (but accelerating), chinese-torture downtrend we are on, nationally speaking.   Meanwhile, in the midst of this standoff where nothing good can be done, the downtrend continues.   The flood of illegal trespassers, with their wealth of poverty, illiteracy and disease, continues into this country.  The Feds are directly involved in that, not just by abdication, but by deliberate, taxpayer-funded relocation of people.   That is treason.   The fact that many of them are criminals doesn't make it 'less bad'.  The fact that some of them are violent gang members and terrorists is equivalent to 'aiding and abetting the enemy'.   This is high treason.   The president has almost dictator-like powers, under the Constitution, to defend the border.   He does the opposite.   Therefore, he is the enemy of the Constitution.

The US Senate is in worse shape.

The national debt... the reckless 'printing of money', the so-called OPM "hack" (that was sheer dereliction ... or maybe intentional??).   The lie of 'Obamacare'.   The double-standard of "equal treatment under the law" (what Hillary did, and what Obama allowed, is atrocious.   I know so.   I know quite a bit about Federal govt security 'issues').   There's the lie of the allegedly 'good' "unemployment number":   it's great, right?!?   Read the whole report.   It's terrible.   And the good number is an outright lie.   Why would a central govt lie so deceptively to its own people?

The ridiculous double-standard regarding race.   The ridiculous double-standard regarding religion.  The ridiculous upending of the 1st Amendment, MANDATING what we have no freedom of speech or religion.

The Supreme Court.... I'm struggling here..... what a sorry excuse for a joke.

I could go on and on, limited only by my inability to remember the overwhelming amount of stuff that's happened since the election of 2006 (but our Constitutional problems truly began with the 16th Amendment -- which basically destroyed the Constitution).

Our republic isn't "functioning" when it does not follow its Constitutional founding.   Private property is discarded like a used contraceptive... now we have "civil rights"  AGAINST each other.   How do you think that will work out?   Someone, somewhere (loosely parroting Dr Ben Carson here) is 'pulling our strings', pitting us against EACH OTHER.   The Bill of Rights was to empower the people against the govt, but now "civil rights" have morphed into "powers against each other".   There is SO much political perversion in our society right now, it can hardly be fully identified and explained.

You are right about one thing.   I can't do much of anything 'by myself' except die.   That's why we have a 2nd Amendment, because 'the militia', not the legislature, not the judges, not the presidents... are the ultimate protectors of the republic.   I wonder how bad it will have to get...
Link Posted: 8/30/2015 10:26:38 PM EDT
[#38]
The problem is not the government.  Our government issues are nothing more than a symptom of the problem.  The REAL problem is the American people.  The average American WANTS to be taken care of...womb to the tomb.  The average American WANTS big government.  The average American WANTS the "evil rich" to "pay".  

Presidents like Obama are nothing more than a symptom of the real problem.
Link Posted: 8/31/2015 3:13:36 PM EDT
[#39]
Quoted:
Alive .... nothing works anymore.   The Federal govt and many state govts are dyfunctional, corrupt and broken.   They are effective only in furthering an anti-Constitutional agenda.   Society would have completely fallen apart by now except:   private enterprise is still mostly functioning (stubbornly, and IN SPITE OF the govt), and, local govts are doing their best to hold it all together.   Plus, most people, generally, are 'good' people.   (which is why Trump is so popular:   the political class is in more trouble with Americans than any racial group ... but not according to our 'king'.)

The current US House of Reps cannot affirmatively *do* anything except sometimes stop (or slow) the furthering of this slow (but accelerating), chinese-torture downtrend we are on, nationally speaking.   Meanwhile, in the midst of this standoff where nothing good can be done, the downtrend continues.   The flood of illegal trespassers, with their wealth of poverty, illiteracy and disease, continues into this country.  The Feds are directly involved in that, not just by abdication, but by deliberate, taxpayer-funded relocation of people.   That is treason.   The fact that many of them are criminals doesn't make it 'less bad'.  The fact that some of them are violent gang members and terrorists is equivalent to 'aiding and abetting the enemy'.   This is high treason.   The president has almost dictator-like powers, under the Constitution, to defend the border.   He does the opposite.   Therefore, he is the enemy of the Constitution.

The national debt... the reckless 'printing of money', the so-called OPM "hack" (that was sheer dereliction ... or maybe intentional??).   The lie of 'Obamacare'.   The double-standard of "equal treatment under the law" (what Hillary did, and what Obama allowed, is atrocious.   I know so.   I know quite a bit about Federal govt security 'issues').   There's the lie of the allegedly 'good' "unemployment number":   it's great, right?!?   Read the whole report.   It's terrible.   And the good number is an outright lie.   Why would a central govt lie so deceptively to its own people?

The ridiculous double-standard regarding race.   The ridiculous double-standard regarding religion.  The ridiculous upending of the 1st Amendment, MANDATING what we have no freedom of speech or religion.

I could go on and on, limited only by my inability to remember the overwhelming amount of stuff that's happened since the election of 2006 (but our Constitutional problems truly began with the 16th Amendment -- which basically destroyed the Constitution).

Our republic isn't "functioning" when it does not follow its Constitutional founding.   Private property is discarded like a used contraceptive... now we have "civil rights"  AGAINST each other.   How do you think that will work out?   Someone, somewhere (loosely parroting Dr Ben Carson here) is 'pulling our strings', pitting us against EACH OTHER.   The Bill of Rights was to empower the people against the govt, but now "civil rights" have morphed into "powers against each other".   There is SO much political perversion in our society right now, it can hardly be fully identified and explained.

You are right about one thing.   I can't do much of anything 'by myself' except die.   That's why we have a 2nd Amendment, because 'the militia', not the legislature, not the judges, not the presidents... are the ultimate protectors of the republic.   I wonder how bad it will have to get...
View Quote

Excellent summation

Link Posted: 8/31/2015 7:01:23 PM EDT
[#40]
There is a lot more you can do locally within your dept and surrounding agencies rather than pay money to OK.

Have these conversations with them, and decide as a group not to be part of things you disagree with. Work with local politicians and try to get involved there too.

Just an idea.

We've done this locally, and it's been great, and no need to deal with the stigma that some of the OK guys bring to the table.
Link Posted: 8/31/2015 8:23:34 PM EDT
[#41]
Quoted:
The problem is not the government.  Our government issues are nothing more than a symptom of the problem.  The REAL problem is the American people.  The average American WANTS to be taken care of...womb to the tomb.  The average American WANTS big government.  The average American WANTS the "evil rich" to "pay".  

View Quote

Voter participation is around 30-40%.    I can't completely disagree with you, but I don't agree either.

-
Link Posted: 8/31/2015 9:31:01 PM EDT
[#42]
Quoted:

Voter participation is around 30-40%.    I can't completely disagree with you, but I don't agree either.

-
View All Quotes
Quoted:
Quoted:

-

One could make the argument that the 60-70% who don't turn out are part of the problem mentioned by ColtRifle.
Link Posted: 9/1/2015 12:27:21 AM EDT
[#43]
Quoted:
There is a lot more you can do locally within your dept and surrounding agencies rather than pay money to OK.

Have these conversations with them, and decide as a group not to be part of things you disagree with. Work with local politicians and try to get involved there too.

Just an idea.

We've done this locally, and it's been great, and no need to deal with the stigma that some of the OK guys bring to the table.
View Quote

+1
Link Posted: 9/1/2015 12:33:15 AM EDT
[#44]
Quoted:
View Quote

Shenanigunz speaks the truth
Link Posted: 9/1/2015 12:40:44 AM EDT
[#45]
I swear to keep my oath I first took as an oath I took as a sworn promise to keep an oath over my flag to uphold the principles laid down as an oath and I swear I'll uphold that oath with another oath
Link Posted: 9/1/2015 12:46:50 AM EDT
[#46]
Quoted:

View Quote

If you have decided that the republic is no longer functioning, and if you are unwilling to enact change through activism and voting, then your only choice left is to kill people. If that is truly where you find yourself, then stop being a pussy and go do it. If you truly believe that now is the time for armed rebellion, and all the effort you can muster up is to bitch about it on the internet, then you are a pussy. Get off your ass and go kill someone.

But I think you and I both know that the republic is actually still functioning. The fact that you are still able to "post" "your" "disjointed" "ramblings" "on" "the" "internet" "with" "such" "egregious" "use" "of" "quotation" "marks" is "evidence" of "that." You still have voting rights. You still have the right to keep and bear arms. You can worship whichever god, or lack thereof, that you choose. You have never been held in double jeopardy, nor have you ever been compelled to testify against yourself. I'm willing to wager that you don't even have any military troops quartered in your home right now.

So go on, killer. Go get your rebellion on. Go murder some federal agents to defend some jackass's ability to graze his cattle on public land without paying grazing fees. Talk is cheap. Go kill someone right now and overthrow the government for calculating employment numbers in a manner you disagree with, and for passing health care laws that you don't like. If you really believe that the time for activism and voting has passed, and you aren't killing people right now, then you are nothing more than a "little whiny bitch."
Link Posted: 9/1/2015 1:51:53 AM EDT
[#47]

There's a reason why I haven't stepped foot in BoTS in years.  And this thread reminded me why.
Link Posted: 9/1/2015 2:22:10 AM EDT
[#48]
Quoted:

If you have decided that the republic is no longer functioning, and if you are unwilling to enact change through activism and voting, then your only choice left is to kill people. If that is truly where you find yourself, then stop being a pussy and go do it. If you truly believe that now is the time for armed rebellion, and all the effort you can muster up is to bitch about it on the internet, then you are a pussy. Get off your ass and go kill someone.

But I think you and I both know that the republic is actually still functioning. The fact that you are still able to "post" "your" "disjointed" "ramblings" "on" "the" "internet" "with" "such" "egregious" "use" "of" "quotation" "marks" is "evidence" of "that." You still have voting rights. You still have the right to keep and bear arms. You can worship whichever god, or lack thereof, that you choose. You have never been held in double jeopardy, nor have you ever been compelled to testify against yourself. I'm willing to wager that you don't even have any military troops quartered in your home right now.

So go on, killer. Go get your rebellion on. Go murder some federal agents to defend some jackass's ability to graze his cattle on public land without paying grazing fees. Talk is cheap. Go kill someone right now and overthrow the government for calculating employment numbers in a manner you disagree with, and for passing health care laws that you don't like. If you really believe that the time for activism and voting has passed, and you aren't killing people right now, then you are nothing more than a "little whiny bitch."
View All Quotes
Quoted:
Quoted:

That discussion doesn't belong in BoTS
Sorry
Link Posted: 9/1/2015 4:48:36 AM EDT
[#49]
Quoted:

One could make the argument that the 60-70% who don't turn out are part of the problem mentioned by ColtRifle.
View All Quotes
Quoted:
Quoted:
Quoted:

-

EXACTLY.  This guy gets it.  

Can't be bothered to participate in the election of your leaders?  Then yes, you are the problem.  The government is nothing more than a symptom of the real problem.

A wise person once said "Those who cannot rule themselves will be ruled by tyrants.".  Welcome to your average American.  

You can see why we are in the mess we are in by just looking at some of the types of calls we go on today.  Once upon a time, the police were called to handle serious stuff.  I've been on calls recently for a dog shitting in someone's yard, a person who is upset because their neighbor isn't following the HOA rules, trash left in the roadway.....do I need to continue?  That is an example of Americans who can't "rule themselves".
Link Posted: 9/1/2015 9:10:03 AM EDT
[#50]
When GD leaks out.
Arrow Left Previous Page
Page / 2
Close Join Our Mail List to Stay Up To Date! Win a FREE Membership!

Sign up for the ARFCOM weekly newsletter and be entered to win a free ARFCOM membership. One new winner* is announced every week!

You will receive an email every Friday morning featuring the latest chatter from the hottest topics, breaking news surrounding legislation, as well as exclusive deals only available to ARFCOM email subscribers.

By signing up you agree to our User Agreement. *Must have a registered ARFCOM account to win.
Top Top