Close

Confirm Action

Are you sure you wish to do this?

Confirm Cancel
BCM
User Panel

Site Notices
Posted: 7/14/2015 9:21:51 PM EDT
I've known some people who have been in or are currently in prison.

Only one of them was actually someone I would call a friend. One of them was an enemy, and it doesn't surprise me he ended up there.

Anyway, my question is, what are the chances they had sex with other men, whether voluntarily or forcibly, and how much does it depend on the person's crime?

For example:

1. Guy around 20 years old was in Attica for 3 years for theft. Early 1980's.

2. Guy was a member of a "motorcycle club" when he went in for about 15 or 20 years for killing his grandmother. Came out and was still a member of the "motorcycle club". Maybe mid 1960's start date.

3. Guy killed his girlfriend. Currently been in over 25 years.

4. Guy killed someone during a robbery. Currently a couple years into a 60 years sentence.

5. Guy kidnapped and raped someone. Been in about 10 or 15 years.

Just wondering, because it came up in conversation tonight.
Link Posted: 7/19/2015 12:23:58 AM EDT
[#1]
That all depends on the security of the prison and how well its maintained, or if the CO's are actually doing there jobs and not sitting in a chair all day.
Link Posted: 7/19/2015 1:44:44 PM EDT
[#2]
When you use the word "prison" do you mean an actual state pen or a county jail/house of correction type deal?
Link Posted: 8/12/2015 12:30:45 AM EDT
[#3]
Discussion ForumsJump to Quoted PostQuote History
Quoted:
That all depends on the security of the prison and how well its maintained, or if the CO's are actually doing there jobs and not sitting in a chair all day.
View Quote

That not an accurate statement.

If your working a unit with hundreds or thousands of inmates,  there is no way you can have eyes on all of them 24 /7, impossible.
Not all inmates will do this, especially with a short sentence.

When you get up 7 - 10 years I think the odds go up.
It happens often. Mostly consenting sex but rape happens often.

Again, you can't watch each individual 24 hrs a day just don't heb best you can.

Posted Via AR15.Com Mobile
Link Posted: 8/13/2015 6:10:49 AM EDT
[#4]
Quoted:
I've known some people who have been in or are currently in prison.

Only one of them was actually someone I would call a friend. One of them was an enemy, and it doesn't surprise me he ended up there.

Anyway, my question is, what are the chances they had sex with other men, whether voluntarily or forcibly, and how much does it depend on the person's crime?

For example:

1. Guy around 20 years old was in Attica for 3 years for theft. Early 1980's.
probably not, unless he was into that
2. Guy was a member of a "motorcycle club" when he went in for about 15 or 20 years for killing his grandmother. Came out and was still a member of the "motorcycle club". Maybe mid 1960's start date.
probably so
3. Guy killed his girlfriend. Currently been in over 25 years.
probably so
4. Guy killed someone during a robbery. Currently a couple years into a 60 years sentence.
probably will turn
5. Guy kidnapped and raped someone. Been in about 10 or 15 years.
probably so
Just wondering, because it came up in conversation tonight.
View Quote

In my work experience, the longer the time, the more chances of "situational homosexuality"  ie= you have a long time before any chance of female contact
Short time guys usually can avoid it, unless they are feminine, very weak , unlucky or already have that inclination
Link Posted: 8/17/2015 1:59:56 PM EDT
[#5]
"Gay for the stay" is a common phrase.
Link Posted: 8/17/2015 4:07:42 PM EDT
[#6]
Link Posted: 8/17/2015 8:22:39 PM EDT
[#7]
My good friend used to be a guard. One of his favorite saying that he picked up there was "Ain't nothing wrong with a man kissing another man.......in prison." LOL

He said that it all occured but that it was very rarely like the movies etc portray it.

J-
Link Posted: 8/21/2015 4:52:22 AM EDT
[#8]
They don't sell Vaseline and baby oil on commissary for nothing...
Link Posted: 8/23/2015 9:04:15 PM EDT
[#9]
I've been with TDCJ over 32yrs. I was an STG(read gang) Sergeant for many years, and a PREA/Safe Prisons Manager for Region 3 for several years of my career. Prison rape, male on male sex, does occur. It's not condoned by the agency, and the agency does what it can to prevent it. Our classification system is set up, and has processes in place, to try and prevent it. But, it happens, not as often as people think, but it does happen. The voluntary stuff rarely if ever gets reported. Guys that are in for long periods of time, and know they're not getting out soon, may start looking at the known homosexuals and the weaker inmates as possible mates. Sometimes the couples work out, and sometimes not. They sometimes end up in fights. Sometimes the weaker inmates are extorted into performing sex acts. And, sometimes the gang members will pimp out a homosexual or a weaker inmate to other inmates in sex for money schemes.

Prison rape is usually about power and control. The predator gets a feeling of empowerment and control over the victim, and that's what they crave. It's not necessarily about the sex. I'll tell you that in all of the sexual assault investigations I conducted over the years very few resulted in prosecutions. Most of the time the inmates filing the complaints were using the system to get a housing change, or a job change, or they were trying to get another inmate into trouble. Most of the time there was no physical, or any other evidence, to substantiate their allegations. The agency prosecutes when they have the evidence to do so.

Something to think about, I personally would NOT want to be a young, white, small in stature, timid, person with a long sentence. Chances are high that person may be assaulted.
Close Join Our Mail List to Stay Up To Date! Win a FREE Membership!

Sign up for the ARFCOM weekly newsletter and be entered to win a free ARFCOM membership. One new winner* is announced every week!

You will receive an email every Friday morning featuring the latest chatter from the hottest topics, breaking news surrounding legislation, as well as exclusive deals only available to ARFCOM email subscribers.

By signing up you agree to our User Agreement. *Must have a registered ARFCOM account to win.
Top Top