Close

Confirm Action

Are you sure you wish to do this?

Confirm Cancel
BCM
User Panel

Site Notices
Posted: 5/12/2015 6:17:01 AM EDT
Which brand/model do you prefer the most? Im looking for a tactical boot, mostly 8", thats comfortable yet speedy and agile to be on your feet all day. Ive seen tons around with mixed reviews. Obviously needs to be black and all that. Side zippers are ok, doesnt have to be a polishable toe cap or heel or any of that.
Link Posted: 5/12/2015 9:07:44 AM EDT
[#1]
I would look To the Detroit from Keen.   They make an LE model.
Link Posted: 5/12/2015 9:26:12 AM EDT
[#2]
I've had good luck with the 5.11 ATAC boots. held up well for more than  a year.

Do not get the 5.11 speed 2.0 . I've had the zipper on 2 pairs break in 5 months.
Link Posted: 5/12/2015 10:07:04 AM EDT
[#3]
13 years on a pair of Bates side zipper, my 13 years are like 20 for most. They are retired by a new pair of Bates Paratrooper side zipper
Link Posted: 5/13/2015 5:49:22 AM EDT
[#4]
Discussion ForumsJump to Quoted PostQuote History
Quoted:
I've had good luck with the 5.11 ATAC boots. held up well for more than  a year.

Do not get the 5.11 speed 2.0 . I've had the zipper on 2 pairs break in 5 months.
View Quote

Not a CO, but PD on mostly a foot post. 5.11s are a good boot. Comfortable and light. Mine seem to get uncomfortable at just over the year mark.

Tried on a buddies Oakley boots recently. We're not side zip, but we're lighter than the 5.11. May try them as my next pair.
Link Posted: 5/13/2015 5:59:58 AM EDT
[#5]
Quoted:

Not a CO, but PD on mostly a foot post. 5.11s are a good boot. Comfortable and light. Mine seem to get uncomfortable at just over the year mark.

Tried on a buddies Oakley boots recently. We're not side zip, but we're lighter than the 5.11. May try them as my next pair.
View Quote View All Quotes
View All Quotes
Quoted:
Quoted:

The atacs lasted about 18 months before I wore the sole down. The speed 2s are lite and very cool (temp wise) but the damn zipper is a piece a shit.

I'll be sure to check out the oakleys.
Link Posted: 5/13/2015 1:21:30 PM EDT
[#6]
I've had great luck with my Danner Ft. Lewis, but I think they're a bit more than what you're looking for. It's about time to send these back and get them resoled. I'm thinking about picking up a pair of Nike SFB's in the meantime to see how I like a lightweight boot.
Link Posted: 5/13/2015 3:24:32 PM EDT
[#7]
Thanks guys. I was looking at the 5.11 atac and it has mixed reviews. Anyone try the 5.11 taclite?
Link Posted: 5/13/2015 7:26:25 PM EDT
[#8]
bates ICS I think that's what they are. Well don't bother they last a year and then garbage.

I'm going 5.11's next time.
Link Posted: 5/14/2015 3:52:04 AM EDT
[#9]
Quoted:
bates ICS I think that's what they are. Well don't bother they last a year and then garbage.

I'm going 5.11's next time.
View Quote

no wonder, the Bates I have have a Goodyear welt, they can be resoled. I had my last pair resoled 3 times before the uppers went
Link Posted: 5/14/2015 11:36:55 AM EDT
[#10]
Quoted:
Thanks guys. I was looking at the 5.11 atac and it has mixed reviews. Anyone try the 5.11 taclite?
View Quote

I have the taclites,not the ATAC.
Link Posted: 5/17/2015 1:57:06 AM EDT
[#11]
I wore Danner Acadias when I walked a tier and still do on the street. The tennis shoe style boots just weren't as comfortable as the Acadia with a good insole and wool or merino wool socks. The only negative is breaking them in sucks big time and they don't polish without a lot of work. The soles wear like iron and the boots last darn near forever if you take care of the leather.
Link Posted: 5/18/2015 6:52:40 PM EDT
[#12]
Go waterproof, the aholes love flooding their cells.  The bates gx4 are comfortable and waterproof.
Close Join Our Mail List to Stay Up To Date! Win a FREE Membership!

Sign up for the ARFCOM weekly newsletter and be entered to win a free ARFCOM membership. One new winner* is announced every week!

You will receive an email every Friday morning featuring the latest chatter from the hottest topics, breaking news surrounding legislation, as well as exclusive deals only available to ARFCOM email subscribers.

By signing up you agree to our User Agreement. *Must have a registered ARFCOM account to win.
Top Top