Warning

Close

Confirm Action

Are you sure you wish to do this?

Confirm Cancel
BCM
User Panel

Posted: 4/27/2015 3:34:41 PM EDT
Looking to get a new pair of GOOD boots....Ive never really heard a negative review or comment about the Danner Acadia's....But, what about having to run in them? I work at a department where it isnt unusual to have someone run...or atleast try to....

Right now I have a pair or Danner Kinetics...which arent super light either....but have been tossing the idea of something lighter like the Tacyons or something...

But the Acadia's are USA made and seem to last forever...
Link Posted: 4/27/2015 3:43:18 PM EDT
[#1]
I wore the acadias for about 3 years as a k9 handler. We do alot of running and no complaints. I could get about a year out of a pair before they needed to be reworked or replaced. I have no idea how people get mutiple years out of any boot without having to be at least resoled unless they arent really on the road or maybe a traffic unit. That said i recently switched to the danner DFA and wont be going back. Lighter and sturdier
Link Posted: 4/27/2015 6:27:49 PM EDT
[#2]
I could run in them, but not very far.  They weigh about the same as a cinder block on your feet.

I switched to the rocky s2v's last year.  They are like Oakleys, but they are made a hell of a lot better.  Fairly light. I prefer the vented (non-waterproof) version over the gortex model.
Link Posted: 4/27/2015 11:22:14 PM EDT
[#3]
They are heavy compared to many others out there.
Link Posted: 4/28/2015 1:40:00 PM EDT
[#4]
Do you need a boo that high?  

If not look at the Danner BlackHawk.

I have a pair of the Explorers which is the same boot but in brown.
Link Posted: 4/28/2015 7:27:37 PM EDT
[#5]
I wear Rocky Portlands. They look similar to the Acadia, but are alot lighter, and cost half as much. The pair I'm wearing now have been in use for about 14 months and still look good.
Link Posted: 5/1/2015 5:48:08 PM EDT
[#6]
Heavy. I wore them for 8 years. Love them, but they're heavy.
Link Posted: 5/1/2015 9:57:47 PM EDT
[#7]
Discussion ForumsJump to Quoted PostQuote History
Quoted:
I wore the acadias for about 3 years as a k9 handler. We do alot of running and no complaints. I could get about a year out of a pair before they needed to be reworked or replaced. I have no idea how people get mutiple years out of any boot without having to be at least resoled unless they arent really on the road or maybe a traffic unit. That said i recently switched to the danner DFA and wont be going back. Lighter and sturdier
View Quote

I have no clue why but some people are harder on boots than other people are.
Link Posted: 5/2/2015 11:22:28 AM EDT
[#8]
Quoted:

View Quote View All Quotes
View All Quotes
Quoted:
Quoted:

I expect to go through them a little quicker than your regular uniform patrol guys, we spend most of our shift out on foot etc add in that im in the south east and we spend alot of time in mud and swamp tracking. But I see people saying they get 5+ years out of acadias and I cant fathom it. I kept breaking heal cups and the liner would pull out when I tried to take the boot off. I could wear out the soles in a year. So far the DFA looks to be holding up really well comparatively. They are lighter and more comfortable too.  Cant be shined though so that could be a pro or con depending on where you work and what you do
Link Posted: 5/5/2015 5:28:43 PM EDT
[#9]
I got the 8 years out of mine, but resoled them 3 times.

I don't count resoling as any failure of the boot.

By the end of the 8 years, the goretex leaked in the toe box, but the leather wasn't torn up too badly and the boots are still in relatively good shape. Kiwi helps tremendously with that.
Close Join Our Mail List to Stay Up To Date! Win a FREE Membership!

Sign up for the ARFCOM weekly newsletter and be entered to win a free ARFCOM membership. One new winner* is announced every week!

You will receive an email every Friday morning featuring the latest chatter from the hottest topics, breaking news surrounding legislation, as well as exclusive deals only available to ARFCOM email subscribers.

By signing up you agree to our User Agreement. *Must have a registered ARFCOM account to win.
Top Top