Warning

Close

Confirm Action

Are you sure you wish to do this?

Confirm Cancel
BCM
User Panel

Posted: 4/23/2015 8:54:33 AM EDT
I just got mine about 3 months ago, and the only reason I am still using it is because I had to buy it, and the damn thing cost 140 dollars.

I got this model seen here.

Obviously a majority of the cost was the badge itself, but the wallet is absolutely awful, and despite the name, there is nothing compact about it and I prefer to carry my wallet in my back pocket.

This ID portion of the wallet is so loose that literally everything can fall right out when the wallet is opened, luckily it only slides out toward the badge and doesn't go flying, but nothing stays put.  I have to keep my credit cards on the opposite side under the badge since thats the only place that works.

I'm basically going to tear the POS apart, rip out the badge, and hopefully put it in something else that doesn't completely suck.

Any recommendations for a nice low-profile setup that can retain a few credit cards and ID's?
Link Posted: 4/23/2015 4:55:38 PM EDT
[#1]
i got a badge with the pin clip on the back and just stuck it in my regular wallet. not ideal, but it works well for me.
Link Posted: 4/23/2015 6:27:58 PM EDT
[#2]
I have had my tri-fold wallet for four years now and it has held up great.  They also stand behind their product stated towards the bottom of this page

I'll try and post some pictures of it shortly if you would like.
Link Posted: 4/23/2015 6:43:10 PM EDT
[#3]
I bought a wallet from big skinny.  Threw out the rubber insert that came with it and put the loop side of velcro where the badge goes.  Stuck the hook side to the back of my flat badge.  Works great, very comfortable and thinner than my last leather wallet while holding more junk.
Link Posted: 4/23/2015 7:00:59 PM EDT
[#4]
I carry my creds in my wallet and my badge on a necklace under my shirt. I have a thick wallet already. I don't need more shit making my ass uneven.  
Link Posted: 4/23/2015 10:18:25 PM EDT
[#5]
Just quit? Then ya can use a regular wallet again! haha
I kid, I kid--I'm getting another degree so it was finally time.

But in all seriousness--I used a Strong wallet and it has held up great.
Its the bifold--folds flat, has a nice recess for my star, suede cover,
and a clear window for my I.D. Pretty cheap too.
http://www.strongbadgecase.com/ although your local Lawman's type place
should have them.
Link Posted: 4/23/2015 10:20:11 PM EDT
[#6]
Item: 79230
is the one I have--it really does work great.
Link Posted: 4/24/2015 2:21:37 AM EDT
[#7]
I'm a PO not a cop, but it is mandatory we wear our badge around our neck on one of those chain holders. They give us two badges and a flimsy chain holder, one badge supposed to go in our wallet. I ditched the flimsy chain holder and got a nicer one on Amazon that also holds my ID on the reverse side. If I didn't have to wear it around the neck, this model also opens up to go over the belt. I never carry the extra 'wallet' badge. I carry my regular chain badge holder with ID everywhere in my opposite rear pocket when I am not working. It's way more comfortable and thinner than carrying an extra badge in a wallet. Perhaps one of them is an alternative to stuffing a badge in a wallet.
Link Posted: 4/24/2015 10:38:19 AM EDT
[#8]
If you paid $140.00 for a badge wallet, you got robbed big time. Google "badge wallet" and you'll find all kinds of custom badge wallets.
Link Posted: 4/24/2015 9:02:42 PM EDT
[#9]
I have a Blackington Wallet with flat badge.  Works great.   #540

Link Posted: 4/25/2015 12:10:41 AM EDT
[#10]
Link Posted: 4/27/2015 3:48:24 PM EDT
[#11]
Discussion ForumsJump to Quoted PostQuote History
Quoted:
I bought a wallet from big skinny.  Threw out the rubber insert that came with it and put the loop side of velcro where the badge goes.  Stuck the hook side to the back of my flat badge.  Works great, very comfortable and thinner than my last leather wallet while holding more junk.
View Quote

Youre a muh fuckin genius....I love this wallet...but the badge insert SUCKS

However, Ive started wearing my badge around my neck.
Link Posted: 4/28/2015 11:07:53 PM EDT
[#12]

Discussion ForumsJump to Quoted PostQuote History

I have had a perfect fit tri fold for nearing 20 years its about time to replace but it gave me many good years
Link Posted: 5/8/2015 1:17:33 PM EDT
[#13]
I have one from Strong Leather. It has held up for about 6 years or so. I only paid about $30 for it, so $5 a year seems like its a good deal. I wouldn't hesitate to buy another one.

Strong has perfect fit cutouts for most badges, and if they don't, you can send them a photocopy of your badge and they will make it to fit.
Link Posted: 5/8/2015 7:48:21 PM EDT
[#14]
I always carried two wallets one with the usual and the thin badge wallet with just the badge and credentials.
I'm retired now and carry my retirement badge and ID the same way.  I don't want to be in some convenience
store with that badge out at about the time some scum bag decides to pull a robbery.  I believe in stealth.
Close Join Our Mail List to Stay Up To Date! Win a FREE Membership!

Sign up for the ARFCOM weekly newsletter and be entered to win a free ARFCOM membership. One new winner* is announced every week!

You will receive an email every Friday morning featuring the latest chatter from the hottest topics, breaking news surrounding legislation, as well as exclusive deals only available to ARFCOM email subscribers.

By signing up you agree to our User Agreement. *Must have a registered ARFCOM account to win.
Top Top