Confirm Action

Are you sure you wish to do this?

Confirm Cancel
BCM
User Panel

Posted: 1/16/2015 3:53:41 PM EDT
Law Enforcement Against Prohibition..

http://www.leap.cc/

Don't know how many of you support the cause but they are good friends of mine..
Link Posted: 1/16/2015 5:58:31 PM EDT
[#1]
Quoted:
Law Enforcement Against Prohibition..

http://www.leap.cc/

Don't know how many of you support the cause but they are good friends of mine..
View Quote

yep good people and I follow their lead.

J-
Link Posted: 1/18/2015 12:19:12 PM EDT
[#2]
Non LEO here.

How much of the average cop's time is spent dealing with drug and drug related crap?
Link Posted: 1/18/2015 12:39:00 PM EDT
[#3]
Discussion ForumsJump to Quoted PostQuote History
Quoted:
Non LEO here.

How much of the average cop's time is spent dealing with drug and drug related crap?
View Quote

Depending on the area but usually a large chunk of it.
Link Posted: 1/18/2015 4:11:44 PM EDT
[#4]
I've seen the damage caused by drugs.  

I support the death penalty for multiple offense drug dealers.  

Regardless of your personal opinions, if you legalize drugs, hope you have a good plan for dealing the with drug destroyed families and parentless kids.  We have some now of course but if you think it's bad now, imagine how quickly you'll have drug abusers dying of drug caused health problems if drugs were legal....which also makes them cheap.  You have to deal with the aftermath of what's left behind....which is usually the kids.  Better have a plan....which the legalization crowd never does.  

What's the plan for dealing with the health problems caused by extreme drug abuse....which is what you would see if you legalized drugs.  If drugs are legalized, then I support insurance companies dropping their drug abusing customers and there should be a total prohibition of taxpayer funded health care for addicts.  And, hospitals should be allowed to refuse care to addicts if they can't pay.  Otherwise, we'll bankrupt this country with health care costs resulting from extremely addicted drug abusers with extreme health problems.  

I know numerous former drug addicts that have told me that the best thing that happened to them was being arrested.  I have been told by MANY people in my career that they would be dead if not for having been arrested for drugs.  I also like to ask drug addicts if they think that drugs should be legalized.  MOST hard core addicts tell me that drugs should be illegal since they are so destructive.  And, these are the people using them.

How would you like your neighbors around you cooking dope in their houses??  It's legal................
Link Posted: 1/18/2015 6:38:58 PM EDT
[#5]
Quoted:
I've seen the damage caused by drugs.  ..
View Quote

I have too but from a different perspective.

I grew up during the beginnings of the epidemic. Before my youth the only common drugs out there were pot and heroin and their use was pretty much a handful of musicians and arty types. The 60s were the turn on tune in and drop out years.

As a young idealist I worked in a couple of 'trip tents' at a pair of rock festivals back in '70 handling bad trips and ODs. Unlike many of my peers there I figured things out fairly fast when I realized that our customers were pretty much the same people because they didn't learn.

What I learned is that you can't fix stupid and that people don't want to be saved from themselves.

We've spent trillions and trillions on the war on drugs and haven't gained an inch except to accrue more massive debt.

It's led to more and more violence on the streets and cost us the lives of a lot of people, including a lot of LEOs. We are also losing a lot of other rights as collateral damage. Legalize the shit and I'd bet a LOT of violence goes away.

Sadly, it seems to me that it's time to give Americans back their freedom to destroy one's self.

Link Posted: 1/22/2015 8:53:12 PM EDT
[#6]
Quoted:
I've seen the damage caused by drugs.  

I support the death penalty for multiple offense drug dealers.  

Regardless of your personal opinions, if you legalize drugs, hope you have a good plan for dealing the with drug destroyed families and parentless kids.  We have some now of course but if you think it's bad now, imagine how quickly you'll have drug abusers dying of drug caused health problems if drugs were legal....which also makes them cheap.  You have to deal with the aftermath of what's left behind....which is usually the kids.  Better have a plan....which the legalization crowd never does.  

What's the plan for dealing with the health problems caused by extreme drug abuse....which is what you would see if you legalized drugs.  If drugs are legalized, then I support insurance companies dropping their drug abusing customers and there should be a total prohibition of taxpayer funded health care for addicts.  And, hospitals should be allowed to refuse care to addicts if they can't pay.  Otherwise, we'll bankrupt this country with health care costs resulting from extremely addicted drug abusers with extreme health problems.  

I know numerous former drug addicts that have told me that the best thing that happened to them was being arrested.  I have been told by MANY people in my career that they would be dead if not for having been arrested for drugs.  I also like to ask drug addicts if they think that drugs should be legalized.  MOST hard core addicts tell me that drugs should be illegal since they are so destructive.  And, these are the people using them.

How would you like your neighbors around you cooking dope in their houses??  It's legal................
View Quote

I have the perfect plan. Its called personal responsibilty.I agree if you want to do the hard stuff (crack, coke, meth, heroin) then society can turn their back on you and that any crime related to drug use (i broke in to the house to get money for drugs) should be harshly punished.

I call BS on a world of addicts over night if crack and heroin let alone pot were to be made legal (whats going on in Colorado and Washington State, any current "bump" is from people who were already smokers, now being honest with the surveiers because its legal and they have no fear of unintended consequences).

After having been cop for 20 years, including undercover narcotics, street crimes, major crime and homicide detective units (Ive handled over a dozen narcotics related homicides long with numerous others) I realized a long time ago that the war on drug is NOT winnable through ANY course of action.

There is not a single drug dealer and/or user who gives a fuck about going to prison, for any amount of time and if hey tell you that they are lying.I have arrested countless users and dealers, from dime bag corner kids to multi kilo king pins, to crack whores to millionaires and everything in between and I can count on one hand those that did NOT return to the dope life after getting out of jail etc.

Prohibition worked great for alcohol (not, it helped spawn organized crime) and has been soooo very effective with narcotics (no explanation needed, lol).

Education and stronger families is what is needed, NOT legislating morality. Those same destroyed families and childless parents that you speak of, are the ones that have failed, sorry for the reality check.

J-

Link Posted: 1/22/2015 9:07:46 PM EDT
[#7]
I don't want you guys dying because of some dictate that cannot be enforced.

Second, it can not be stopped.

Third, no harm (to the general welfare) no foul.

Fourth, innocents will kill you justly (whether you see it that way or not) because you are a threat.

Fifth. You are one of us whether you see it that way or not. Wise up.

We LET you do what you do. But that can change. Is changing. Maybe over the balance point.

Link Posted: 1/22/2015 10:11:49 PM EDT
[#8]
Quoted:
I don't want you guys dying because of some dictate that cannot be enforced.

Second, it can not be stopped.

Third, no harm (to the general welfare) no foul.

Fourth, innocents will kill you justly (whether you see it that way or not) because you are a threat.

Fifth. You are one of us whether you see it that way or not. Wise up.

We LET you do what you do. But that can change. Is changing. Maybe over the balance point.

View Quote

This comment has been duly noted.

When you look at Robert Peel, the people are the police.

Ever notice that neighborhoods have standards? Some tolerate the drug dealers,whores etc, and some raise holy hell about how someone cuts his lawn?

I have always said, generally speaking, that peopleget the kind of department they demand.

Truth is, you guys ARE a part of the community. FWIW.
Link Posted: 1/22/2015 10:17:26 PM EDT
[#9]
Quoted:

Education and stronger families is what is needed, NOT legislating morality. Those same destroyed families and childless parents that you speak of, are the ones that have failed, sorry for the reality check.

J-

View Quote

This comment has been duly noted.

I believe this man speaks the truth.

The older I get the more I realize I have wasted a lot of my time trying to reinforce failure.

I also realize that reality can be a world class bitch.

I also realize that freedom is a bitch, too. Personally I don't want safety as much as I want freedom, but that is just me.
Link Posted: 1/29/2015 10:43:33 AM EDT
[#10]
I'm all for personal responsibility but our society has turned it's back on that concept. Cut all social services that alow people to live that lifestyle currently operating then legalize whatever you want. I personally don't want to pay for anyone's poor choices and addicitions through freebies or a broken system.

About 90% of all property crime is linked to drug use. I don't think that will change becuase I doubt addicts will run out and get legitimate jobs.
Link Posted: 1/30/2015 10:25:07 PM EDT
[#11]
Quoted:
I'm all for personal responsibility but our society has turned it's back on that concept. Cut all social services that alow people to live that lifestyle currently operating then legalize whatever you want. I personally don't want to pay for anyone's poor choices and addicitions through freebies or a broken system.

About 90% of all property crime is linked to drug use. I don't think that will change becuase I doubt addicts will run out and get legitimate jobs.
View Quote

What interests me is the comment a local cop inadvertently made about heroin use in the 'burbs where crime is fairly low. He said it was pretty common yet crime in the 'burbs seems low.

I understand that heroin is pretty cheap these days and that if it was legalized that the price would drop a bit and be affordable.

FWIW

Incidentally I do believe in dropping social programs.
Close Join Our Mail List to Stay Up To Date! Win a FREE Membership!

Sign up for the ARFCOM weekly newsletter and be entered to win a free ARFCOM membership. One new winner* is announced every week!

You will receive an email every Friday morning featuring the latest chatter from the hottest topics, breaking news surrounding legislation, as well as exclusive deals only available to ARFCOM email subscribers.

By signing up you agree to our User Agreement. *Must have a registered ARFCOM account to win.
Top Top