Are you sure you wish to do this?

Confirm Cancel
BCM
User Panel

Posted: 12/21/2014 5:37:50 AM EDT
Comments?

Link to article

From the article:  

The major issue, though, still is the unanswered question: What justification do the police have for killing an unarmed suspect?

The answer is always: None.

Counter point to the above article

So in the wake of the Ferguson shooting and riots – McNamara boldly proclaims in absolute terms there is NEVER justification for police to shoot an unarmed suspect – but five years ago, in another article HE wrote, he clearly makes the argument that even “previously docile,” UNARMED subjects can flip in an instance, and become a lethal threat to police.
Link Posted: 12/21/2014 8:19:27 AM EDT
[#1]
He's a retired Chief, so he's a politician, not a cop. Sounds about right for a politician to talk out both sides of his mouth.
Link Posted: 12/21/2014 8:39:13 AM EDT
[#2]
Obviously the guy is a fucking cocksucker.

About the time some MMA fighter gouges his eyes out and starts twisting his head off, he might change his thinking on the subject.
Link Posted: 12/21/2014 11:19:28 AM EDT
[#3]
Seriously FUCKTARD? Darren Wilson had every right to pull the trigger on Brown who had viciously attacked Wilson. You Fucking idiot. Comparing the Wilson case to the one mentioned in you piece are night and day. Not to mention that the SCOTUS weighed in on a case like that which today would mean that an officer shooting at an unarmed fleeing burglar would be facing a murder charge.

Ditto on his future attack by a MMA fighter. If we had any true leadership in this country they would have come out and said Michael Brown's actions led to his death and were in no way the result of poor decisions by the police.
Link Posted: 12/21/2014 11:24:54 AM EDT
[#4]
Damnit....

Stupid idiot McNamara died in September. I cannot even send him a rebuttal for his stupid opinion in this piece.
Link Posted: 12/21/2014 12:39:56 PM EDT
[#5]
Discussion ForumsJump to Quoted PostQuote History
Quoted:
He's a retired Chief, so he's a politician, not a cop. Sounds about right for a politician to talk out both sides of his mouth.
View Quote

This.
Link Posted: 12/21/2014 3:02:46 PM EDT
[#6]
Quoted:
Damnit....

Stupid idiot McNamara died in September. I cannot even send him a rebuttal for his stupid opinion in this piece.
View Quote

LOL....yeah he died a month or so after he wrote this piece.

My thoughts....

It reminds me of so many career police officers in this country.  There are some very smart, educated people out there in high positions in LE but many of them seem to have forgotten what it was like working the street and actually dealing with the scum of society.  Also, many of these same educated people are looking for complex solutions to every day problems....but really, most solutions to community problems are actually pretty simple.  

We could reduce crime by telling our officers to quit enforcing laws.....and from my understanding on McNamara, that's a lot of the way that he "reduced" crime stats when he was a chief.  

I have seen this thought process from a number of very knowledgeable people in LE.  LE has a lot of trends in how we enforce laws.  The current trend in LE is to avoid enforcing laws on people who don't want the law enforced on them.  The problem with that trend is, the people who suffer are the victims who these predators are preying on.  But, with that trend, LE administrators can publicly state that "crime is dropping" when in reality, the police have just stopped enforcing the laws....causing what appears to be a drop in crime.
Link Posted: 12/22/2014 7:12:17 PM EDT
[#7]
"Father of Community Policing."

That tells me all I need to know about the turd.  I work for one of his desciples and the effect of the politics behind C.O.P. is absolutely crippling.
Link Posted: 12/22/2014 7:41:30 PM EDT
[#8]
Link Posted: 12/22/2014 10:01:50 PM EDT
[#9]
Quoted:

That tells me all I need to know about the turd.  I work for one of his desciples and the effect of the politics behind C.O.P. is absolutely crippling.
View Quote

Tell us more.
Link Posted: 12/28/2014 12:16:56 PM EDT
[#10]
How many fights yathink that douche has been in in his life?

I lost a buddy who got shot in the face with his own gun by some deranged woman on a bus during a disturbance and tho I wasnt there I know personally from working with him many times that he wanted nothing to do with beefs, law suites, or problems anymore cause he once got screwed out of 30 days by these bureaucratic shit birds. And I'd bet anything that was one of the causes in the events that led to his LOD murder.
Link Posted: 12/28/2014 12:24:31 PM EDT
[#11]
Quoted:

Tell us more.
View Quote View All Quotes
View All Quotes
Quoted:
Quoted:

Tell us more.

It has nothing to do with Policing.  It is about power, control, and a politically correct way to put community organizers into positions of power that they were never elected to while absolving them of accountability through blaming the Police for doing their jobs.

COP is championed by the community organizers of the world because it allows them to selectively enforce the law for purposes of financial gain and social justice.  

COP ensures unequal enforcement of the law.  It is the antithesis of what the justice system should be.
Close Join Our Mail List to Stay Up To Date! Win a FREE Membership!

Sign up for the ARFCOM weekly newsletter and be entered to win a free ARFCOM membership. One new winner* is announced every week!

You will receive an email every Friday morning featuring the latest chatter from the hottest topics, breaking news surrounding legislation, as well as exclusive deals only available to ARFCOM email subscribers.

By signing up you agree to our User Agreement. *Must have a registered ARFCOM account to win.
Top Top