Warning

Close

Confirm Action

Are you sure you wish to do this?

Confirm Cancel
BCM
User Panel

Posted: 12/19/2014 10:39:47 PM EDT
Thanks to increasing anti Police threads and zero efforts by the MODs to reign it in (and participating for the most part) I chose to sever ties with them.  I was one of the original members of it, and over the years I enjoyed my time there.  Starting at the end of last summer it started getting bad.  I abstained from participating in any more threads, and was only checking the classifieds for deals anyway.  This sucks.
Link Posted: 12/19/2014 10:47:18 PM EDT
[#1]
I have the same issues with a local North West gun forum.  But damn it to hell if they don't have a great classifieds section….
Link Posted: 12/20/2014 8:01:15 PM EDT
[#2]
I grin and bear it. Keep your friends close and your enemies closer.

J-
Link Posted: 12/20/2014 9:12:26 PM EDT
[#3]
Discussion ForumsJump to Quoted PostQuote History
Quoted:
I grin and bear it. Keep your friends close and your enemies closer.

J-
View Quote

I did that for a while.  I'm done now.
Link Posted: 12/20/2014 11:52:16 PM EDT
[#4]
Was it worse than GD here?
Link Posted: 12/21/2014 10:36:09 AM EDT
[#5]
sorry to hear that

i mod on my local forum, we dont allow that kind of shit

once in a while some dipshit spews some nonsense, but he gets verbally raped pretty quick and it ends
Link Posted: 12/21/2014 3:04:31 PM EDT
[#6]
I'm with you brother. For years I belonged to a local fishing forum and the number of anti-LEO threads has been steadily increasing. I bowed out of that forum a while ago.
Link Posted: 12/22/2014 10:19:08 PM EDT
[#7]
Quoted:
Thanks to increasing anti Police threads and zero efforts by the MODs to reign it in (and participating for the most part) I chose to sever ties with them.  I was one of the original members of it, and over the years I enjoyed my time there.  Starting at the end of last summer it started getting bad.  I abstained from participating in any more threads, and was only checking the classifieds for deals anyway.  This sucks.
View Quote

CSF?
Link Posted: 12/23/2014 9:59:52 AM EDT
[#8]
I was at a LGS the other day doing a transfer and the owner and his sons were literally smiling at the news of two NYPD being KIA.

I have no idea what it is about gun owners that makes them so anti-LE, especially when the LE killed are assassinated while eating lunch, but it made me embarrassed to be in the store.

I'll never go back.
Link Posted: 12/23/2014 10:12:53 AM EDT
[#9]
Link Posted: 12/23/2014 3:34:53 PM EDT
[#10]
Quoted:

CSF?
View Quote View All Quotes
View All Quotes
Quoted:
Quoted:

CSF?

I never saw it that bad on the old CSF.  CSF doesn't exist anymore though.

I deliberately left the forum's name out of the post.
Link Posted: 12/24/2014 2:05:16 AM EDT
[#11]
Quoted:
I have the same issues with a local North West gun forum.  But damn it to hell if they don't have a great classifieds section….
View Quote

Oh yes, NWFA is full of some seriously deluded anti-establishment basement dwellers, but the classified section is good.
Link Posted: 12/27/2014 11:36:12 PM EDT
[#12]
Still a member for now, there are some very misinformed assholes on there that believe they are smarter than the law. Just because you have a CHP doesn't mean you are on the same level as me. And by the way I have my NCCHP. It gets really stupid on there some times.I met one of the mods in person in Gunsboro on a sale we arranged and he seemed pretty decent. I must say I've never seen him spew hate but some of those guys want every cop to have nothing but a safety whistle while they insist they should be allowed to open carry a RPG7 through every courthouse, daycare, and nightclud without any Guberment oversight because its there right.
Link Posted: 12/28/2014 12:17:12 AM EDT
[#13]
Quoted:
I was at a LGS the other day doing a transfer and the owner and his sons were literally smiling at the news of two NYPD being KIA.
View Quote

Meh, we have people here like that. Of course one of them was dumb enough to post it and got the boot this week.

ETA: Make that two them, though the second one just got a lock because he deleted his post before the mod got to the thread.
Link Posted: 12/28/2014 9:57:02 PM EDT
[#14]
Many gun owners cant make the Intellectual leap to connect the dots between 1, people they elect, 2 those people passing Laws, 3 Those Laws infringing on their rights as they see them concerning guns. Its much easier just to blame the poor guy in the patrol car trying to work and make the mortgage payment. Its far easier and safer to blame those one the lowest rungs of the political ladder, "actually were in the basement".

Or they cant make the Intellectual leap that LE really isnt the one profession that judging the whole on the actions of one or a few doesnt make you a moron.

Or they cant comprehend they have been brain screwed their entire lives by one negative story after another by a news media that wants to sell its product.

And for sure THEY werent the ones responsible when they got pinched driving drunk or speeding or smoking weed.

So your left with public gun forums that are often the 1st amendment equal of the beginning of 2001 A Space Odyssey where all the chimps are looking at the monolith banging hip bones. God forbid anyone connect the dots or have an original thought, its far easier to join the rest of the herd and cop bait.

I dont belong to many gun forums anymore. Its depresses me that Homo Sapien is so Damned simple minded.
Link Posted: 12/28/2014 10:30:03 PM EDT
[#15]
Useful idiots.  People are so disgusted with government, specifically the Federal government/Obama, and then wrongly project that onto all cops.  It's nothing but masturbatory fantasies, and the default knee jerk response every time they see the word government in a thread. No matter how benign the subject, you will inevitably have some retard come in a spew some idiotic diatribe.  What is ironic, is that they end up becoming fellow travelers of the very people they hate the most....Obama, Holder, extreme leftist radicals.  I am getting sick of it myself, but most people don't fall into that category so I stick around.  The loud mouths just make more noise than the normal people here.
Link Posted: 12/29/2014 4:07:07 AM EDT
[#16]
Kinda the same issue on ARFCOM.  Lot of hating on LE.....
Link Posted: 12/29/2014 4:14:16 AM EDT
[#17]
Quoted:
Many gun owners cant make the Intellectual leap to connect the dots between 1, people they elect, 2 those people passing Laws, 3 Those Laws infringing on their rights as they see them concerning guns. Its much easier just to blame the poor guy in the patrol car trying to work and make the mortgage payment. Its far easier and safer to blame those one the lowest rungs of the political ladder, "actually were in the basement".

Or they cant make the Intellectual leap that LE really isnt the one profession that judging the whole on the actions of one or a few doesnt make you a moron.

Or they cant comprehend they have been brain screwed their entire lives by one negative story after another by a news media that wants to sell its product.

And for sure THEY werent the ones responsible when they got pinched driving drunk or speeding or smoking weed.

So your left with public gun forums that are often the 1st amendment equal of the beginning of 2001 A Space Odyssey where all the chimps are looking at the monolith banging hip bones. God forbid anyone connect the dots or have an original thought, its far easier to join the rest of the herd and cop bait.

I dont belong to many gun forums anymore. Its depresses me that Homo Sapien is so Damned simple minded.
View Quote

Lol , 2001 chimps...awesome
Link Posted: 12/29/2014 2:38:38 PM EDT
[#18]
Our main gun forum here in AZ is similar.  Lots of anti gov and LE sentiment on there in the general forum, but as has been said, the classifieds are pretty good.  The more specialized sub forums seem to be a little more tame.  I've only caught shit a time or two there for being a cop, but there's a big undercurrent there.  Then again, we are talking about AZ.  They be hatin' on the G for a long time now out this way.
Close Join Our Mail List to Stay Up To Date! Win a FREE Membership!

Sign up for the ARFCOM weekly newsletter and be entered to win a free ARFCOM membership. One new winner* is announced every week!

You will receive an email every Friday morning featuring the latest chatter from the hottest topics, breaking news surrounding legislation, as well as exclusive deals only available to ARFCOM email subscribers.

By signing up you agree to our User Agreement. *Must have a registered ARFCOM account to win.
Top Top