Warning

Close

Confirm Action

Are you sure you wish to do this?

Confirm Cancel
BCM
User Panel

Posted: 11/24/2014 12:07:26 PM EDT
My wife is a LEO and has been trying different setups....im curious what yours are like and the reasoning behind it.
Link Posted: 11/25/2014 10:20:09 PM EDT
[#1]
No pics but here's how I have mine set up starting from the centerline(buckle).
12:30 - double cuff case - can get cuffs out with either hand
3:00 - duty weapon - reasoning kind of explains itself
4:30 - glove pouch with nitrile gloves - can be reached easily with right hand and with the left with a little effort
7:30 - flashlight holder for Surefire 6px - my duty weapon doesn't have a mounted light and grabbing my light with my left hand keeps my weapon side hand free
9:00 - radio - best place that it worked in conjunction with the cord from the shoulder mic. Didn't like the cord being stretched and pulling the radio or on my uniform
11:30 - double mag pouch oriented vertically. Mags can be drawn with either hand and having them vertical makes it easier to retrieve a mag while proned out behind cover.

Hope this helps as I only have the basics. No ASP, Taser, or O/C. Not complaining though as the more stuff you put on your belt the more weight you have to lug around.
Link Posted: 11/26/2014 12:52:46 AM EDT
[#2]
Same here, no pics, but I can describe it easy enough.  Buckle at 12, double mag at 1, light bearing holster at 3, cuffs at 7, asp at 8, taser at 9.  My radio and backup are on my vest (G42 in the utility pocket).  

I'm trying to decide how to get my mags off my belt too, but that would require me moving the G42 out.

ETA: I don't carry OC, despise the stuff.  My vest has, looking at the front from right to left, small utility with spare cuffs, radio, notebook/cell pouch, utility pouch with g42,  and flashlight in single mag pouch.
Link Posted: 11/26/2014 10:15:39 AM EDT
[#3]
Im no help here. Im a puppy pusher and get to wear a chest rig (I highly recommend it if its an option).
Link Posted: 11/27/2014 11:54:18 AM EDT
[#4]
Link Posted: 11/29/2014 8:36:37 AM EDT
[#5]
Discussion ForumsJump to Quoted PostQuote History
Quoted:
<a href="http://s229.photobucket.com/user/tusk212/media/20131225_114325_zpsbf3fbe19.jpg.html" target="_blank">http://i229.photobucket.com/albums/ee127/tusk212/20131225_114325_zpsbf3fbe19.jpg</a>
View Quote

What belt is that?  I like that you can get things all the way out to the buckle.
I currently have safariland tactical belt but lose 3" -4" at each end due to doubled thickness.
Don't like the Velcro belts and prefer a solid buckle
Link Posted: 11/29/2014 9:21:32 AM EDT
[#6]
Quoted:
Hope this helps as I only have the basics. No ASP, Taser, or O/C. Not complaining though as the more stuff you put on your belt the more weight you have to lug around.
View Quote

You don't even have all of the basics.  If a LEO (vs armed security), and you do have an intermediary tool (OC, taser, baton), and graduated from a Florida academy, you are just dangling yourself out there to loose everything if you ever use lethal force.  The state certifies you in them for a reason....because case law shows if you don't have it available, the burden is on YOU to prove an intermediary tool would not have worked, which is almost impossible.  For the government to provide an attorney, you have to be within the scope of your duties and not negligent.  Skipping the fact you are not carrying at least one intermediary tools has been repeated found in most state and almost all federal rights cases as the ofice being negligent and not entitled to government counsel.  And then the defense rolls right in says " so let me get this straight, you shot him because you didn't carry an intermediary tool which would likely have controlled him?"  Remember a civil case is 51% doubt and that can be attached to your pay anywhere!   Then there is the DOJ civil rights case.   The lightweight ASP covers you, weighs nothing and breaks windows pretty well.  

CYA yourself, it's not worth the headaches you will cause yourself should you ever need it and not have it, or some overzealous prosecutor/defense attorney/DOJ lawyer tries to come after you.  Especially in our current environment!
Link Posted: 11/29/2014 1:19:35 PM EDT
[#7]
Quoted:

What belt is that?  I like that you can get things all the way out to the buckle.
I currently have safariland tactical belt but lose 3" -4" at each end due to doubled thickness.
View Quote View All Quotes
View All Quotes
Quoted:
Quoted:
<a href="http://s229.photobucket.com/user/tusk212/media/20131225_114325_zpsbf3fbe19.jpg.html" target="_blank">http://i229.photobucket.com/albums/ee127/tusk212/20131225_114325_zpsbf3fbe19.jpg</a>

It's a Bianchi AccuMold Elite in basketweave.
Link Posted: 11/29/2014 1:51:33 PM EDT
[#8]

Nylon/Tactical belt is set up the same way except a drop holster in place of other holster. Platform on drop holster also holds another magazine.
Link Posted: 11/29/2014 2:00:11 PM EDT
[#9]
The leo's around here have so much stuff on their belt I can't see how they sit in their cars.
Link Posted: 11/29/2014 2:02:31 PM EDT
[#10]
No pics as I am on vacation. I have gone with the minimalist way for my setup as its easier on my back.

From centerline  going clockwise; video recording mic holder, single cuff case, duty weapon, open space til you get to left side hip, radio holder, triple mag pouch.

One of the belt keepers on the left rear is a light holder as well. I work days so i just grab the light when I need it. I also have a light on my duty weapon.

Latex/nitrile gloves I just put a set or two in my back pocket.
Link Posted: 11/29/2014 7:28:18 PM EDT
[#11]
Quoted:

You don't even have all of the basics.  If a LEO (vs armed security), and you do have an intermediary tool (OC, taser, baton), and graduated from a Florida academy, you are just dangling yourself out there to loose everything if you ever use lethal force.  The state certifies you in them for a reason....because case law shows if you don't have it available, the burden is on YOU to prove an intermediary tool would not have worked, which is almost impossible.  For the government to provide an attorney, you have to be within the scope of your duties and not negligent.  Skipping the fact you are not carrying at least one intermediary tools has been repeated found in most state and almost all federal rights cases as the ofice being negligent and not entitled to government counsel.  And then the defense rolls right in says " so let me get this straight, you shot him because you didn't carry an intermediary tool which would likely have controlled him?"  Remember a civil case is 51% doubt and that can be attached to your pay anywhere!   Then there is the DOJ civil rights case.   The lightweight ASP covers you, weighs nothing and breaks windows pretty well.  

CYA yourself, it's not worth the headaches you will cause yourself should you ever need it and not have it, or some overzealous prosecutor/defense attorney/DOJ lawyer tries to come after you.  Especially in our current environment!
View All Quotes
Quoted:
Quoted:

Trust me, I would have an intermediate tool if it was allowed at this point. Batons are a no-go here and have been waiting on an agency Taser and OC class.
Link Posted: 11/30/2014 5:57:39 PM EDT
[#12]
I'm a noob and as far as I know, the baton and OC are mandatory. Not a fan of either but I'd ditch the baton first since it's so freaking heavy:

Link Posted: 11/30/2014 7:59:34 PM EDT
[#13]
Quoted:
I'm a noob and as far as I know, the baton and OC are mandatory. Not a fan of either but I'd ditch the baton first since it's so freaking heavy:

http://i.imgur.com/NRaCiUA.jpg
View Quote

Why are you carrying my ex-wife's phallic device as a baton?
Link Posted: 12/29/2014 2:24:51 PM EDT
[#14]
Link Posted: 12/29/2014 7:14:46 PM EDT
[#15]

How do you like the easy on easy off holster?  Been thinking about that myself.

Link Posted: 12/29/2014 7:51:44 PM EDT
[#16]
Quoted:
View Quote

That's how mine was, minus the taser.
Link Posted: 12/30/2014 3:47:13 AM EDT
[#17]
Quoted:
View All Quotes
Quoted:

I like it so far, I installed it about a week ago.

Works great for going through sallyports, just push both levers and rotate to the rear and it comes right off, drop the whole holster in the wall safe.

I also really like the fact that I can remove it driving home, my F150 bucket seats are not very duty belt friendly.

Link Posted: 12/31/2014 12:14:35 PM EDT
[#18]
I can't believe some of you go on patrol with one pair of cuffs on your belt? If it works for you that's good but I have pretty common situations I need to have two pairs on me and not in the cruiser.

Here's mine:

From the belt buckle clockwise (leftie):

Double mag pouch
*keeper
Taser holster
*keeper
key holder
walkie clip
flashlight holder (Strion)
cuff case
glove case
*Keeper
cuff case
*keeper
gun
*keeper
OC spray

I usually stick the mic for or video systems in a pouch on the belt next to the OC spray
Link Posted: 1/13/2015 9:40:11 PM EDT
[#19]
Quoted:
I can't believe some of you go on patrol with one pair of cuffs on your belt? If it works for you that's good but I have pretty common situations I need to have two pairs on me and not in the cruiser.

Here's mine:

http://i202.photobucket.com/albums/aa252/daveshore9/photo30.jpg

Double mag pouch
*keeper
Taser holster
*keeper
key holder
walkie clip
cuff case
glove case
*Keeper
cuff case
*keeper
gun
*keeper
OC spray

I usually stick the mic for or video systems in a pouch on the belt next to the OC spray
View Quote

I also wear two sets of cuffs on my belt.  Sometimes I've even had to get an extra set out of my patrol bag.
Link Posted: 1/13/2015 11:24:52 PM EDT
[#20]
Quoted:

I also wear two sets of cuffs on my belt.  Sometimes I've even had to get an extra set out of my patrol bag.
View All Quotes
Quoted:
Quoted:

Here's mine:

http://i202.photobucket.com/albums/aa252/daveshore9/photo30.jpg

Double mag pouch
*keeper
Taser holster
*keeper
key holder
walkie clip
cuff case
glove case
*Keeper
cuff case
*keeper
gun
*keeper
OC spray

Yep, always at least two pairs on me. I have been known to throw an extra pair off my spot light handle in my pocket if im feeling froggy...
Close Join Our Mail List to Stay Up To Date! Win a FREE Membership!

Sign up for the ARFCOM weekly newsletter and be entered to win a free ARFCOM membership. One new winner* is announced every week!

You will receive an email every Friday morning featuring the latest chatter from the hottest topics, breaking news surrounding legislation, as well as exclusive deals only available to ARFCOM email subscribers.

By signing up you agree to our User Agreement. *Must have a registered ARFCOM account to win.
Top Top