Warning

Close

Confirm Action

Are you sure you wish to do this?

Confirm Cancel
BCM
User Panel

Posted: 11/17/2014 9:55:42 PM EDT
(I'm non-LEO) We're required to carry cuffs. I'm tired of them being in my back left pocket. business dress. Our dress/polo shirts are always un-tucked  but most of the time we have suits on. I know there's a better way, but I wanted to run it by you guys.

I'd prefer something that isn't meant for a duty belt, and it needs to be relatively not bulky/low profile. Any advice?

Thanks in advance.

ETA: Peerless cuffs.
Link Posted: 11/17/2014 10:08:31 PM EDT
[#1]
Link Posted: 11/17/2014 10:10:15 PM EDT
[#2]
Besides a pocket which is uncomfortable and difficult to deploy, I've got nothing.  Id say your best bet is a low profile molded case that you can wear on your belt, concealed under a polo or suit jacket. What is it that you do? Loss prevention?

ETA the safariland molded open top cases are the best I have used.
Link Posted: 11/17/2014 10:12:40 PM EDT
[#3]
Discussion ForumsJump to Quoted PostQuote History
Quoted:
Safariland paddle mount mag & cuff holder:

http://www.copsplus.com/products/large/573.jpg

$36 at Cops Plus.
View Quote

I do have to carry one extra mag too, so that's fucking awesome. Thank you.

ETA: ordered.
Link Posted: 11/19/2014 2:02:15 PM EDT
[#4]
Quoted:

View Quote View All Quotes
View All Quotes
Quoted:
Quoted:

$36 at Cops Plus.

My $0.02, that Safariland combo paddle holder is a giant POS (IMHO).  My Glock 21 mags jammed in and it wouldn't release them (yes I adjusted the tension screw), and the cuff portion wouldn't hold a pair of hinged peerless cuffs.  It would not work with my gear, YMMV.

I now carry this:
Gould and Goodrich Cuff Case
Still looking for a viable mag holder.
Link Posted: 11/20/2014 4:10:16 AM EDT
[#5]
Quoted:

My $0.02, that Safariland combo paddle holder is a giant POS (IMHO).  My Glock 21 mags jammed in and it wouldn't release them (yes I adjusted the tension screw), and the cuff portion wouldn't hold a pair of hinged peerless cuffs.  It would not work with my gear, YMMV.

I now carry this:
View Quote View All Quotes
View All Quotes
Quoted:
Quoted:
Quoted:

$36 at Cops Plus.

I now carry this:

For what it's worth, I have the linked mag/cuff case and it works fine with chain cuffs and a Glock 19 mag.  It's not made for hinged cuffs.  I don't own a Glock 21 so can't speak for that.
Link Posted: 11/21/2014 10:51:05 AM EDT
[#6]
Quoted:My $0.02, that Safariland combo paddle holder is a giant POS (IMHO).  My Glock 21 mags jammed in and it wouldn't release them (yes I adjusted the tension screw), and the cuff portion wouldn't hold a pair of hinged peerless cuffs.  It would not work with my gear, YMMV.

I now carry this:
View Quote

x2 on that combo holster being a POS. My M&P45 mag was pretty much impossible to remove from that with one hand, even with the retention screw on the lightest setting.

If you're not worried about carrying concealed, you could always go with one of the handcuff straps:

Close Join Our Mail List to Stay Up To Date! Win a FREE Membership!

Sign up for the ARFCOM weekly newsletter and be entered to win a free ARFCOM membership. One new winner* is announced every week!

You will receive an email every Friday morning featuring the latest chatter from the hottest topics, breaking news surrounding legislation, as well as exclusive deals only available to ARFCOM email subscribers.

By signing up you agree to our User Agreement. *Must have a registered ARFCOM account to win.
Top Top