Confirm Cancel
BCM
User Panel

Site Notices
Posted: 11/16/2014 6:20:47 PM EDT
I suppose I'll start.

Link Posted: 11/21/2014 7:14:24 PM EDT
[#1]
Bump, will try to snap a pic later tonight. Unfortunately, will have to be repainting mine soon. Damn the promotions with no pay
Link Posted: 11/21/2014 10:14:36 PM EDT
[#2]
Link Posted: 11/22/2014 2:00:07 AM EDT
[#3]
Discussion ForumsJump to Quoted PostQuote History

obviously not my probie, I would have you in cleaning toilets with a toothbrush.
Link Posted: 11/22/2014 8:20:18 PM EDT
[#4]
Link Posted: 11/28/2014 3:01:36 AM EDT
[#5]
Not my current helmet, as I'm not at the firehouse tonight.

Flashover in a townhouse basement will kill a leather... . Had to replace this lid with a new one after that fire. She served me well... repainted a dozen or so times over a 7 year period.

Oh, and nice pic, my 5xx-series amigo...

Link Posted: 11/29/2014 11:24:30 AM EDT
[#6]
Link Posted: 11/29/2014 12:21:50 PM EDT
[#7]
Quoted:

Flashover in a townhouse basement will kill a leather... . Had to replace this lid with a new one after that fire. She served me well... repainted a dozen or so times over a 7 year period.
 http://i137.photobucket.com/albums/q222/gloworm19/IMG_2950.jpg

View Quote

How'd you hold up? Jesus.
Link Posted: 11/29/2014 8:54:45 PM EDT
[#8]

Quoted:

View Quote View All Quotes
View All Quotes
Quoted:

Quoted:

Suffered some burns on the ears, forearms. The inner liner of my coat was scorched pretty well. My crew and I had entered the basement for a search, reported that the homeowner was still inside in the basement. We'd entered through a sliding glass door with two PW cans (Rescue Co.) and managed to get most of the basement searched before deciding it was getting dicey, and turned to get out, making my guys leave first. It flashed as the first guy was within a few feet of the door. I pushed my second guy out as it got the most intense. They were uninjured, I got a few first and second degree burns.

Turns out the homeowner was a 'Nam vet with some pretty bad PTSD, and he'd decided to light his place off after thinking "Charlie" was hiding in the basement. Fire in the basement and climbing the stairs to the first floor as we entered. Even better, just 30 minutes after we cleared the scene with the engine co. and FM, we were redispatched to the same address and arrived with fire on all three floors and through the roof. Dude had torched the place again just after we left.

Good times!
Link Posted: 11/29/2014 11:06:08 PM EDT
[#9]
Here's my contribution
Front

And the rear
Link Posted: 11/29/2014 11:11:27 PM EDT
[#10]
Quoted:

View Quote

Thanks.  I knew there were more locals around here...
Link Posted: 11/30/2014 8:07:56 AM EDT
[#11]
Quoted:
Suffered some burns on the ears, forearms. The inner liner of my coat was scorched pretty well. My crew and I had entered the basement for a search, reported that the homeowner was still inside in the basement. We'd entered through a sliding glass door with two PW cans (Rescue Co.) and managed to get most of the basement searched before deciding it was getting dicey, and turned to get out, making my guys leave first. It flashed as the first guy was within a few feet of the door. I pushed my second guy out as it got the most intense. They were uninjured, I got a few first and second degree burns.    

Turns out the homeowner was a 'Nam vet with some pretty bad PTSD, and he'd decided to light his place off after thinking "Charlie" was hiding in the basement. Fire in the basement and climbing the stairs to the first floor as we entered. Even better, just 30 minutes after we cleared the scene with the engine co. and FM, we were redispatched to the same address and arrived with fire on all three floors and through the roof. Dude had torched the place again just after we left.

Good times!
View Quote View All Quotes
View All Quotes
Quoted:
Quoted:
Quoted:

Good times!

glad to hear you got out of there in good shape. Had a friend of mine get caught in a flash down in PG county, and due to different PPE down there, got burned over most of his body, and almost died from his injuries.

If you ever make it out to Long Island, the first round is on me.
Link Posted: 12/1/2014 9:05:26 PM EDT
[#12]
Nice to see this many leathers out there. Older pic of the back of mine, can't find one of the front at the moment

Link Posted: 1/21/2015 1:04:27 AM EDT
[#13]
Close Join Our Mail List to Stay Up To Date! Win a FREE Membership!

Sign up for the ARFCOM weekly newsletter and be entered to win a free ARFCOM membership. One new winner* is announced every week!

You will receive an email every Friday morning featuring the latest chatter from the hottest topics, breaking news surrounding legislation, as well as exclusive deals only available to ARFCOM email subscribers.

By signing up you agree to our User Agreement. *Must have a registered ARFCOM account to win.
Top Top