Close

Confirm Action

Are you sure you wish to do this?

Confirm Cancel
BCM
User Panel

Site Notices
Posted: 11/9/2014 4:48:20 PM EDT
I am getting married in April and We talked about moving to FL GA or AL, I am interested in Law enforcement,  I did see that Northport AL was hiring but the timing was bad. I wouldnt mind FL because the water is so close. I looked on to FWL but their pay is way to low to live off of unless there is a secret I dont know of.Is there a website with a list of departments hiring.  Or a opening in emergency management, but I don't think being prior service military will help with that.
Link Posted: 11/12/2014 9:06:16 PM EDT
[#1]
Quoted:
I'm getting married in April and we talked about moving to FL, GA or AL as I'm interested in law enforcement,  I did see that Northport, AL was hiring but the timing was bad. I wouldn't mind FL because the water is so close. I looked on to FWL but their pay is way too low to live off of unless there is a secret, I don't know of.  Is there a website with a list of departments hiring?  Or a maybe opening in emergency management, but I don't think being prior service military will help with that.
View Quote

Try www.officer.com. Generally the higher the pay, the higher the cost of living unless you commute form bumfuck.

In all seriousness, LE work is all about reports and your writing needs a little polishing, just sayin'.
Link Posted: 11/12/2014 11:47:37 PM EDT
[#2]
Discussion ForumsJump to Quoted PostQuote History
Quoted:

Try www.officer.com. Generally the higher the pay, the higher the cost of living unless you commute form bumfuck.

In all seriousness, LE work is all about reports and your writing needs a little polishing, just sayin'.
View Quote View All Quotes
View All Quotes
Discussion ForumsJump to Quoted PostQuote History
Quoted:
Quoted:
I'm getting married in April and we talked about moving to FL, GA or AL as I'm interested in law enforcement,  I did see that Northport, AL was hiring but the timing was bad. I wouldn't mind FL because the water is so close. I looked on to FWL but their pay is way too low to live off of unless there is a secret, I don't know of.  Is there a website with a list of departments hiring?  Or a maybe opening in emergency management, but I don't think being prior service military will help with that.

I know. It can get pretty bad.
Link Posted: 11/17/2014 7:14:04 PM EDT
[#3]
Policeone.com and governmentjobs.com
Link Posted: 11/18/2014 6:28:42 PM EDT
[#4]
There is in Wisconsin.
Link Posted: 11/18/2014 11:07:30 PM EDT
[#5]
Most agencies in FL maintain their own websites with applications and vacancies listed.
Close Join Our Mail List to Stay Up To Date! Win a FREE Membership!

Sign up for the ARFCOM weekly newsletter and be entered to win a free ARFCOM membership. One new winner* is announced every week!

You will receive an email every Friday morning featuring the latest chatter from the hottest topics, breaking news surrounding legislation, as well as exclusive deals only available to ARFCOM email subscribers.

By signing up you agree to our User Agreement. *Must have a registered ARFCOM account to win.
Top Top