Warning

Close

Confirm Action

Are you sure you wish to do this?

Confirm Cancel
BCM
User Panel

Posted: 11/5/2014 11:53:59 PM EDT
My nephew calls me up the other day. "Uncle, I don't have all the money to pay you at once. Will you be willing to sell me one of your AR's on installments?"

Back-story. He ALWAYS wanted to be a police officer. Most kids talk about being a soldier, police officer or a fireman, not many make their young dreams come true, as they become an adult. At the age of 16 he was accepted into a JUNIOR program. Since then, he has moved up the ranks, been in a ton of undercover stings, riding shotgun and other associated "police duties". He is also a lifeguard and attending college full time. The request above was a few weeks shy of his 19th birthday (he will be going to the academy once he turns 21). I gifted him one of my AR's for his birthday. I wish him the best of luck in his career, and I hope that I can be there for him, in times of need, as well as provide guidance; should he ever need it.

Link Posted: 11/6/2014 1:59:18 AM EDT
[#1]
That is awesome, sir. Outstanding! Best wishes for his career. Looks like he's in shape too; that's a plus.
Link Posted: 11/6/2014 3:35:53 AM EDT
[#2]
Congrats to your nephew,and kudos to you for the gift!

BTW what's with the sgt. pin on his collar?
Link Posted: 11/6/2014 4:52:22 AM EDT
[#3]

Discussion ForumsJump to Quoted PostQuote History
Quoted:

Congrats to your nephew,and kudos to you for the gift!

BTW what's with the sgt. pin on his collar?
View Quote

Probably a explorer/reserve rank.

Link Posted: 11/6/2014 9:02:43 AM EDT
[#4]
Good for him and you for the gift. Get some pics of the first time he shoots it on here. Best of luck to him, lord knows there aren't enough passionately driven young men out there. Glad your nephew is one of them.
Link Posted: 11/6/2014 9:16:56 AM EDT
[#5]

Nice!
Link Posted: 11/6/2014 10:38:43 AM EDT
[#6]
Good job Uncle! Sounds like the type of kid that will appreciate the gift.

I had to zoom in on the top pic, it looked like Army jump wings on the uniform, lol. Airborne Police, a new form of jack bootery
Link Posted: 11/6/2014 3:26:53 PM EDT
[#7]

Discussion ForumsJump to Quoted PostQuote History
Quoted:

Airborne Police, a new form of jack bootery

View Quote
I thought it looked like jump wings also.

Once we get those new drones with personnel compartments, there will be nowhere the tinfoil hat people can hide! lol

Link Posted: 11/19/2014 3:40:09 AM EDT
[#8]
Quoted:
My nephew calls me up the other day. "Uncle, I don't have all the money to pay you at once. Will you be willing to sell me one of your AR's on installments?"

View Quote

Well....did you sell it to him yet? Congrats on someone from the entitlement generation actually becoming a productive member of society!
Link Posted: 11/19/2014 3:47:12 AM EDT
[#9]
Derp.
Close Join Our Mail List to Stay Up To Date! Win a FREE Membership!

Sign up for the ARFCOM weekly newsletter and be entered to win a free ARFCOM membership. One new winner* is announced every week!

You will receive an email every Friday morning featuring the latest chatter from the hottest topics, breaking news surrounding legislation, as well as exclusive deals only available to ARFCOM email subscribers.

By signing up you agree to our User Agreement. *Must have a registered ARFCOM account to win.
Top Top