Close

Confirm Action

Are you sure you wish to do this?

Confirm Cancel
BCM
User Panel

Site Notices
Posted: 8/17/2014 9:28:45 AM EDT
I am looking to get a couple of t-shirts to wear while in training classes. I would like if they could be customized to say D/S LASTNAME on the right chest and then have the departments badge on the left chest. I would also like it to have SHERIFF across the back like the "raid style" shirts.

Thanks in advance for any recommendations.
Link Posted: 8/17/2014 12:35:31 PM EDT
[#1]
I got my T-shirts from local LE supply places, but they only have SHERIFF on the front/back. My agency's never had any printed that I've seen. Obviously you could have this done by any shirt printer, but it may be cost prohibitive. The higher the quantity, the less the unit cost. For just adding a name and badge, I'd look into those iron-on transfer sheets that you can print in a normal computer printer. I don't know how well that would hold up for large font on the back though. There's all kinds of generic stuff on ebay. Maybe find some with most of what you want and just modify the front.

If there are others interested, the best thing would be to have a batch professionally printed and split the cost. Apparently heat transfer (PC printer) is the worst method.

Source:http://www.wisegeek.org/what-are-the-different-types-of-t-shirt-printing.htm
Link Posted: 8/17/2014 3:11:37 PM EDT
[#2]
Look for a local place in your town or nearby. We have one local place that does our embroidery on our polos and on practically anything else. Then there is another local shop that sells and screen print our 'parole' shirts we wear in the field. Now that I think about it, we could use some more patches for vests.
Link Posted: 8/17/2014 5:52:01 PM EDT
[#3]
http://www.hero247.co/client/index.php  I'm not sure if they take small orders, but they have quality products.

Link Posted: 8/17/2014 6:53:12 PM EDT
[#4]
Have you looked at Galls?

Overpriced due to the barrage of catalogs they constantly send out, but they seem to do lots of custom jobs.
Link Posted: 8/17/2014 9:22:21 PM EDT
[#5]
Link Posted: 8/19/2014 7:51:51 AM EDT
[#6]
Quoted:
I am looking to get a couple of t-shirts to wear while in training classes. I would like if they could be customized to say D/S LASTNAME on the right chest and then have the departments badge on the left chest. I would also like it to have SHERIFF across the back like the "raid style" shirts.

Thanks in advance for any recommendations.
View Quote

have you tried where u get uniforms at?? or maybe Galls????or maybe google????

J-
Link Posted: 8/19/2014 8:01:46 AM EDT
[#7]
Discussion ForumsJump to Quoted PostQuote History
Quoted:
http://www.hero247.co/client/index.php  I'm not sure if they take small orders, but they have quality products.

View Quote

We have bought a lot from them. Good stuff.
15 item minimum
Link Posted: 8/19/2014 11:19:12 AM EDT
[#8]
Just about any t-shirt place should be able to do it.  Only kicker might be if your department doesn't like releasing the badge design.
Link Posted: 8/19/2014 3:28:57 PM EDT
[#9]
Why would you want too?

I hope these are being worn to department or inter department training.  If so does your agency approve of them?

When I go to mixed civilian and LEO courses I try not to look like or sound like a cop.  Just sayin......
Link Posted: 8/20/2014 2:45:27 PM EDT
[#10]
Discussion ForumsJump to Quoted PostQuote History
Quoted:
Why would you want too?

I hope these are being worn to department or inter department training.  If so does your agency approve of them?

When I go to mixed civilian and LEO courses I try not to look like or sound like a cop.  Just sayin......
View Quote

I don't wear anything police related ever unless I'm at work or training. You'd never know I was a cop off duty.

J-
Close Join Our Mail List to Stay Up To Date! Win a FREE Membership!

Sign up for the ARFCOM weekly newsletter and be entered to win a free ARFCOM membership. One new winner* is announced every week!

You will receive an email every Friday morning featuring the latest chatter from the hottest topics, breaking news surrounding legislation, as well as exclusive deals only available to ARFCOM email subscribers.

By signing up you agree to our User Agreement. *Must have a registered ARFCOM account to win.
Top Top