Warning

Close

Confirm Action

Are you sure you wish to do this?

Confirm Cancel
BCM
User Panel

Posted: 7/21/2014 8:29:17 PM EDT
I'm getting g a Five Seven, I've found the SS198 but can't find the 190. I understand its ATF controlled but where would I get it from and will creds be enough or do you need letter head chief sign off.
Link Posted: 7/21/2014 8:58:44 PM EDT
[#1]
Quoted:
I'm getting g a Five Seven, I've found the SS198 but can't find the 190. I understand its ATF controlled but where would I get it from and will creds be enough or do you need letter head chief sign off.
View Quote

You'll need approval from your agency on letterhead, certifying the purchase is for and approved for duty use, to purchase pistol AP ammo (which is how SS190 is classified) from licensed AP ammo dealers.  More usually you'll be required to have your agency order it.
Link Posted: 7/21/2014 9:53:07 PM EDT
[#2]
About the only way you'll get it is if your agency orders it.  FN distributors require paperwork stating it is for department use only and will require a signature from your CLEO stating the same.  After the distributor has all of the paperwork from your agency, FN will dropship the order direct to your agency from a bonded warehouse.

I know because I just went through this.  Ordered 30k or so last fall, and just received it in the last month.

Link Posted: 7/21/2014 10:40:43 PM EDT
[#3]
Well I guess I won't be getting any of that. Is the ss198 worth carrying for ccw? I'll bring that topic to the ammo forum.
Link Posted: 7/22/2014 6:56:15 AM EDT
[#4]
Discussion ForumsJump to Quoted PostQuote History
Quoted:
Well I guess I won't be getting any of that. Is the ss198 worth carrying for ccw? I'll bring that topic to the ammo forum.
View Quote

Planning on a need to shoot people wearing body armor with your CCW weapon?
Link Posted: 7/23/2014 8:09:24 AM EDT
[#5]
I'm not planning on ever having to shoot anyone. But I'd like to be prepared for anything. Criminals have body armor too.
Link Posted: 7/23/2014 6:24:30 PM EDT
[#6]
More often than not, criminals are sans body armor.  If you have to face someone with body armor, then you should be looking for headshots or a rifle.
Link Posted: 7/24/2014 7:20:25 PM EDT
[#7]
Ss198LF was argued as being the best out there. There are plenty of places that were selling the pulled AP bullets, so you can reload them.

Also, look at Elite Ammunition. They were producing a variety of ammo.
Link Posted: 7/24/2014 8:37:56 PM EDT
[#8]
I've actually been in contact with the guy from Elite. They do have some good stuff for these pistols.
Close Join Our Mail List to Stay Up To Date! Win a FREE Membership!

Sign up for the ARFCOM weekly newsletter and be entered to win a free ARFCOM membership. One new winner* is announced every week!

You will receive an email every Friday morning featuring the latest chatter from the hottest topics, breaking news surrounding legislation, as well as exclusive deals only available to ARFCOM email subscribers.

By signing up you agree to our User Agreement. *Must have a registered ARFCOM account to win.
Top Top