Close

Confirm Action

Are you sure you wish to do this?

Confirm Cancel
BCM
User Panel

Site Notices
Posted: 7/10/2014 5:17:35 AM EDT
Just looked this up, EMS Thin line, and apparently EMS Is thin white line? Or Orange according to another site.  What say BOTS?
Link Posted: 7/10/2014 5:40:49 AM EDT
[#1]
It's out of theme to conceptualizer EMS in their traditional sense as a line at all. Perhaps in the sense of disaster response.
Link Posted: 7/10/2014 6:22:56 AM EDT
[#2]
I've seen the thin orange line overseas for private military and security contractors on the back of vehicles.
Link Posted: 7/10/2014 6:57:39 AM EDT
[#3]
How about PD/FD/EMS just do the job you're paid to do without all the "Us & Them" horse shit?
Link Posted: 7/10/2014 8:19:49 AM EDT
[#4]

Discussion ForumsJump to Quoted PostQuote History
Quoted:

How about PD/FD/EMS just do the job you're paid to do without all the "Us & Them" horse shit?
View Quote
Come on now, we all have to belong!

Remember, most people have sheep mentality!

Link Posted: 7/10/2014 9:52:02 AM EDT
[#5]
Quoted:
View Quote

Sorry bud, I do the job that I'm paid to do daily, but heaven forbid I ask a question about it...
Link Posted: 7/10/2014 11:04:40 AM EDT
[#6]

Quoted:
Sorry bud, I do the job that I'm paid to do daily, but heaven forbid I ask a question about it...
View Quote View All Quotes
View All Quotes
Quoted:

Quoted:

I'm glad you do your job that you're paid to do. I do as well.

Guess we both get a golf clap for putting on our big boy pants every day.

Ask all the questions you want, the "Thin-whatever-Line" stuff, however, is horse shit .....and some replies to your question might very well reflect that.
Link Posted: 7/10/2014 9:29:03 PM EDT
[#7]
Quoted:

Ask all the questions you want, the "Thin-whatever-Line" stuff, however, is horse shit .....and some replies to your question might very well reflect that.
View All Quotes
Quoted:
Quoted:
Quoted:

^ He's right...No one gives a shit about EMS

**I am EMS and I approve this message**
Link Posted: 7/10/2014 10:02:51 PM EDT
[#8]
I was done when I started to see the entire rainbow out there.  Private security has one now, bounty hunters have one, on and on.
Link Posted: 7/11/2014 1:31:16 AM EDT
[#9]
Quoted:

View All Quotes
Quoted:
Quoted:
Quoted:
Quoted:

Aint that the truth....  Do it full time, no gun, no armor, and dont even get a set F'in color
Link Posted: 7/11/2014 4:13:30 PM EDT
[#10]
The whole thing is completely gay.
Link Posted: 7/11/2014 6:20:56 PM EDT
[#11]
I thought theres was the black, white, and yellow taxi decal??  

Link Posted: 7/11/2014 7:14:06 PM EDT
[#12]
Quoted:
View Quote

U jelly bro?
Link Posted: 7/11/2014 7:23:13 PM EDT
[#13]
Quoted:
The whole thing is completely gay.
View Quote

There's a definite "look at me" attutude from guys that put those stickers and patches on every fucking thing they own.  That and the 1*, also.
Link Posted: 7/11/2014 10:18:58 PM EDT
[#14]
Quoted:
I thought theres was the black, white, and yellow taxi decal??  

View Quote

lmao yup...basically
Link Posted: 7/12/2014 12:23:16 AM EDT
[#15]
I work with over 300 FFs, PMs, EMTs.  Almost none of us have any stickers on our vehicles and few of us think we are anything special.  Not familiar with any lines.
Link Posted: 7/12/2014 2:20:16 AM EDT
[#16]
So, do funeral directors have the "thin purple line"?
Link Posted: 7/14/2014 2:02:14 AM EDT
[#17]
Quoted:
So, do funeral directors have the "thin purple line"?
View Quote

Link Posted: 8/17/2014 4:47:32 PM EDT
[#18]
I can understand why law enforcement officers might want a semi-covert way to identify each other.

I can't make the same argument for firefighting, ems, carpenters or anyone else, though.

If you really want to open the kettle though, here's the real problem:

There has always been symbols. FOP/PBA 'active member', etc. Good idea.

Giving them to anyone who sucks your dick... not such a good idea.

"Did you not see my sticker?"

"I'm sorry, ma'am, What department are you with?"

"(Sigh) It's not me. My boyfriend gave it to me."

"Oh."

This is what I've done. I got a piece of blue weedwacker string. I tied it to the windshield wiper blade on my pickup. I tell people I was told if you tie some thin blue line to yer car, they can't stop you. (shrugs)
Link Posted: 8/18/2014 2:37:21 AM EDT
[#19]
Quoted:
I can understand why law enforcement officers might want a semi-covert way to identify each other.

I can't make the same argument for firefighting, ems, carpenters or anyone else, though.

If you really want to open the kettle though, here's the real problem:

There has always been symbols. FOP/PBA 'active member', etc. Good idea.

Giving them to anyone who sucks your dick... not such a good idea.

"Did you not see my sticker?"

"I'm sorry, ma'am, What department are you with?"

"(Sigh) It's not me. My boyfriend gave it to me."

"Oh."

This is what I've done. I got a piece of blue weedwacker string. I tied it to the windshield wiper blade on my pickup. I tell people I was told if you tie some thin blue line to yer car, they can't stop you. (shrugs)
View Quote

Quite a few people know what the thin blue line symbolizes outside of Law Enforcement and most of them are the people that you wouldn't want to know you're a cop.

I don't see the need in EMS.  No one gives a shit about EMS and the fewer people that know I'm an EMT the better.  Worst case scenario, something could happen and being identified as an EMT could force me into a situation I don't want to be in(an unsafe scene).

Now that I'm a correctional officer, the last thing I want is anyone to be able to identify who I am.  I already think it's stupid enough that we wear last name badges and address eachother by last name inside the walls so every inmate there can look me up online(we are the only people in the country that have our last name as far as we have been able to find out), I do my best to avoid advertising who I am or what I do outside of work.  Already pulled my name and address from the phone book.
Link Posted: 8/18/2014 11:48:09 AM EDT
[#20]
Quoted:
View Quote

Time to switch to decaf
Link Posted: 8/18/2014 1:48:35 PM EDT
[#21]

Quoted:
Time to switch to decaf
View All Quotes
Quoted:

Quoted:

Time to switch to decaf

Don't flatter yourself or your occupation to the extent you think my post involved even a slight rise in my blood pressure. Far from it.

This fraternity boy, "we're special" garbage is what it is, and my suggestion stands firm.

Do your job, and stop making such a big deal about these "special" self delineations imposed upon those that seem to need this form of extra recognition.

Fight fire, arrest bad guys, fix people up who get get hurt....whatever. It's a job.
Link Posted: 8/18/2014 2:10:55 PM EDT
[#22]
Quoted:

This x infinity. It is a never ending nightmare of bullshit. I will rant to my therapist

View All Quotes
Quoted:
Quoted:
Quoted:
Quoted:

This x infinity. It is a never ending nightmare of bullshit. I will rant to my therapist

Link Posted: 8/18/2014 2:29:35 PM EDT
[#23]
Quoted:

Don't flatter yourself or your occupation to the extent you think my post involved even a slight rise in my blood pressure. Far from it.

This fraternity boy, "we're special" garbage is what it is, and my suggestion stands firm.

Do your job, and stop making such a big deal about these "special" self delineations imposed upon those that seem to need this form of extra recognition.

Fight fire, arrest bad guys, fix people up who get get hurt....whatever. It's a job.
View All Quotes
Quoted:
Quoted:
Quoted:

Time to switch to decaf

I never had an issue with what you posted.  It made you come off like an asshole, which was your intent.  Don't get all butthurt over it.  Dude asked a question, if you don't like his question, then move on to the next thread.
Link Posted: 8/18/2014 4:10:44 PM EDT
[#24]

Quoted:
I never had an issue with what you posted.  It made you come off like an asshole, which was your intent.  Don't get all butthurt over it.  Dude asked a question, if you don't like his question, then move on to the next thread.
View All Quotes
Quoted:

Quoted:

Quoted:

Quoted:

Time to switch to decaf

He asked a question, I replied.

Zero butthurt incurred along the way.

And my intent was not to be an asshole, apparently some unpopular opinions are viewed that way, but it wasn't my intent. Diplomacy may be an area I could stand some improvement on however.

Link Posted: 8/18/2014 5:48:09 PM EDT
[#25]
well as a part time blue liner i appreciate EMS.  haven't received services personally yet  but recently had a transport go into seizures an hour from the nearest hospital and an hour from the jail. volunteer EMS showed up within 15min of my radio call and helped the POS better than i could.  

Link Posted: 8/19/2014 11:55:56 AM EDT
[#26]
It's the Thin Green Line for EMS. The interwebz told me. Weak.

I've seen them here in NY a bit. NYS VTL authorizes green lights for privately owned EMS vollie's vehicles.

Here toy go....

Tried 2x, vid won't link with the site code...

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=MX20RlGwB-o

Link Posted: 8/21/2014 1:12:03 AM EDT
[#27]
Quoted:
View Quote

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=B34DmsMxUlA
Link Posted: 8/21/2014 9:00:37 AM EDT
[#28]

View All Quotes
Quoted:

Quoted:

Your first post in this thread? Nobody asked you jack squat.

But since you're now here, I'm curious from that previous thread you started, reaching out to the ARFCOM community.

The problem you've been having with leaving the house with your underwear on the outside of your pants? Has the reminder on your refrigerator helped?

Link Posted: 8/23/2014 2:39:49 AM EDT
[#29]
Quoted:

But since you're now here, I'm curious from that previous thread you started, reaching out to the ARFCOM community.

The problem you've been having with leaving the house with your underwear on the outside of your pants? Has the reminder on your refrigerator helped?

View All Quotes
Quoted:
Quoted:
Quoted:

Witty retorts really aren't your strong suit, are they?
Link Posted: 9/4/2014 2:47:19 AM EDT
[#30]
I thought the EMS one was white with blue line instead of Leo black with blue line
Link Posted: 9/5/2014 5:03:11 PM EDT
[#31]
Quoted:

View All Quotes
Quoted:
Quoted:
Quoted:

no one is safe when you are lurking in a thread  
you seriously damn near condemn anything anyone says.  Valium my friend
Link Posted: 9/5/2014 5:24:42 PM EDT
[#32]
I've been in EMS for 10 years and most of the coworkers I've had confirm there is nothing thin about EMS.  Maybe we should have a fat rainbow line as most medics are fat, gay or both.  Either way, none of that shit goes on my truck.
Link Posted: 9/5/2014 5:28:12 PM EDT
[#33]

Quoted:

I've been in EMS for 10 years and most of the coworkers I've had confirm there is nothing thin about EMS.  Maybe we should have a fat rainbow line as most medics are fat, gay or both.  Either way, none of that shit goes on my truck.
View Quote
Came to post this times eleventy billion.

Whatever it is, it should be a fat arrow that points to the nearest all-you-can-eat buffet.

I wish EMS had a PT standard.

That's why I'm working on my FP-C.

Close Join Our Mail List to Stay Up To Date! Win a FREE Membership!

Sign up for the ARFCOM weekly newsletter and be entered to win a free ARFCOM membership. One new winner* is announced every week!

You will receive an email every Friday morning featuring the latest chatter from the hottest topics, breaking news surrounding legislation, as well as exclusive deals only available to ARFCOM email subscribers.

By signing up you agree to our User Agreement. *Must have a registered ARFCOM account to win.
Top Top