Warning

Close

Confirm Action

Are you sure you wish to do this?

Confirm Cancel
BCM
User Panel

Posted: 4/18/2014 2:21:21 PM EDT
I graduate in a few days. It feels good. Now to start FTO. Time to shut up, think , listen. I'm pretty exited.
Link Posted: 4/18/2014 2:26:41 PM EDT
[#1]
Congratulations, Good Luck and Pay Attention to the old guys... they survived
Link Posted: 4/18/2014 8:29:49 PM EDT
[#2]
Congratulations! I'm on track to get mine on June 13th.
Link Posted: 4/19/2014 11:07:34 AM EDT
[#3]
Congrats! Now get your creds verified and come join us in the LEO forum!
Link Posted: 4/20/2014 10:45:06 AM EDT
[#4]
Congratulations:Hope you have many good days ahead. I got mine 59 years ago. Im retired 33 years.
Link Posted: 4/20/2014 1:20:59 PM EDT
[#5]
Just remember the easy part is over. Your reputation starts the moment you hit the street in FTO.
Link Posted: 4/21/2014 7:24:15 PM EDT
[#6]
Discussion ForumsJump to Quoted PostQuote History
Quoted:
Just remember the easy part is over. Your reputation starts the moment you hit the street in FTO.
View Quote

This.

Remind yourself of what you said in your original post OP - Shut up and listen.  Nobody ever passed FTO with their BS.  You are going to spend the next 3-4 months sitting next to a seasoned BS detector, so don't even try it.

Just think of it this way:  You have the rest of your career to be the cop you think you should be.  It will be much better for you if you spend the next few months being the cop your FTO wants to be (to a point of course).

Have fun, keep you eyes open, and be smart.
Link Posted: 4/23/2014 4:34:10 PM EDT
[#7]
Remember nothing is worth loosing your badge.
Link Posted: 4/23/2014 5:02:26 PM EDT
[#8]
Quoted:
Remember nothing is worth loosing your badge.
View Quote

Agreed. Keep it on tight.

Link Posted: 4/24/2014 2:45:10 PM EDT
[#9]
Quoted:
I graduate in a few days. It feels good. Now to start FTO. Time to shut up, think , listen. I'm pretty exited.
View Quote

If you're feeling really brave, go announce it in GD, they can tell you everything you need to know about being a police officer.  
Link Posted: 4/25/2014 10:00:52 AM EDT
[#10]
Getting the badge is easy, keeping it can be a career long challenge.

During my Tenure at XPD, 6 of the 11 hires, including my hire mate, were let go during the probationary period.  None of these cats were incompetent or bad persons, they just didn't meet the administration's standards or expectations (None of my Trainee's were ever cut).

During this same period of time, the XPD suffered 11 divorces, 1 mental breakdown, and two resignations in lieu of termination, and two persons indicated and prosecuted for criminal misconduct.

My Agency was the 11th highest paying agency in the State at the time, and was a well funded, well equipped, accredited agency that sent each officer to a minimum of two schools per year.

In all, I think my Agency was a good place to work and was a typical to above average representation of a mid sized Police Agency.

Policing is a very unique profession with  lifestyle, temptations, stresses, working hours and conditions, politics that can not be understood until you are long into the game.  

I wish you the best of luck in your career.

Link Posted: 4/28/2014 9:33:52 PM EDT
[#11]
congrats brother!
Link Posted: 5/5/2014 10:05:54 AM EDT
[#12]
OP please look to the the recent A1911SHOOTER incident here to see how fast someone can find out who you are from just internet postings. I wouldn't post anything about being a cop on this site, especially in GD and including the restricted LEO forum, if I was still working.
Link Posted: 5/5/2014 9:23:24 PM EDT
[#13]

Quoted:

Congratulations:Hope you have many good days ahead. I got mine 59 years ago. Im retired 33 years.
View Quote

This ^^^^  
And to JET71:

33 years is outstanding!  I've got 10 so far and hope I get at least 33.  

Close Join Our Mail List to Stay Up To Date! Win a FREE Membership!

Sign up for the ARFCOM weekly newsletter and be entered to win a free ARFCOM membership. One new winner* is announced every week!

You will receive an email every Friday morning featuring the latest chatter from the hottest topics, breaking news surrounding legislation, as well as exclusive deals only available to ARFCOM email subscribers.

By signing up you agree to our User Agreement. *Must have a registered ARFCOM account to win.
Top Top