Warning

Close

Confirm Action

Are you sure you wish to do this?

Confirm Cancel
BCM
User Panel

Posted: 4/18/2014 9:17:17 AM EDT
If any of you have attended training at the 5 regional National Guard Training Centers you know they provide top notch training at no cost to you or your department.  In the 2015 fiscal year the Counterdrug Training Centers are slated to be shutdown.  Below is a link to CADCA that has an app to fax your local legislators and urge them to keep the Training Centers open.   The training is not only available to law enforcement but military as well. If you have an extra minute or two please do your part and follow the link to help keep these valuable training opportunities available!

CADCA Link
Link Posted: 4/18/2014 9:18:35 AM EDT
[#1]
How about no.
Link Posted: 4/18/2014 9:29:29 AM EDT
[#2]
Discussion ForumsJump to Quoted PostQuote History
Quoted:
How about no.
View Quote

OK. They'll just continue to do the same job with less training.
Link Posted: 4/18/2014 11:34:58 AM EDT
[#3]
Quoted:

View Quote View All Quotes
View All Quotes
Quoted:
Quoted:
How about no.

Or maybe the next time the FBI asks them to kick in a door on a no-knock warrant, they'll say,"Uh, we're not trained for that.  Why don't you do it?"  One way to slow down the militarization of US domestic police forces is to not have the military train them.
Link Posted: 4/18/2014 11:37:46 AM EDT
[#4]

Quoted:

Or maybe the next time the FBI asks them to kick in a door on a no-knock warrant, they'll say,"Uh, we're not trained for that.  Why don't you do it?"  One way to slow down the militarization of US domestic police forces is to not have the military train them.
View All Quotes
Quoted:
Quoted:
Quoted:
How about no.

Thank you for your feedback.  You are not supportive...I get it.  However, I did not post this in GD for a reason.  Keep your comments out of Brothers of the Shield, please.

Also to clarify the training is held at a military base but is not conducted by the military.  I have attended classes for Interview and Interrogation, Seized Computer Evidence Recovery, Gang Recognition and so on.  It is held by trainer's in the law enforcement field.
Link Posted: 4/18/2014 11:38:01 AM EDT
[#5]
Meh.
Link Posted: 4/18/2014 11:53:03 AM EDT
[#6]
Quoted:  Thank you for your feedback.  You are not supportive...I get it.  However, I did not post this in GD for a reason.  Keep your comments out of Brothers of the Shield, please.

Also to clarify the training is held at a military base but is not conducted by the military.  I have attended classes for Interview and Interrogation, Seized Computer Evidence Recovery, Gang Recognition and so on.  It is held by trainer's in the law enforcement field.
View Quote

You could post it in your secure LEO forum.  You posted in a public forum.  Expect public comments.  Good to know that its not National Guard trainers, b/c that's how your title reads & I know some National Guard Counter Drug guys.  They're good folks, and I'd like to see them unemployed.
Link Posted: 4/18/2014 12:01:31 PM EDT
[#7]
Quoted:

You could post it in your secure LEO forum.  You posted in a public forum.  Expect public comments.  Good to know that its not National Guard trainers, b/c that's how your title reads & I know some National Guard Counter Drug guys.  They're good folks, and I'd like to see them unemployed.
View All Quotes
Quoted:
Quoted:  Thank you for your feedback.  You are not supportive...I get it.  However, I did not post this in GD for a reason.  Keep your comments out of Brothers of the Shield, please.

Glad I could put your mind at ease. Please read the "Shift Briefing" at the top of the Brother's of the Shield forum.
Link Posted: 4/18/2014 12:11:27 PM EDT
[#8]
Quoted:

Glad I could put your mind at ease. Please read the "Shift Briefing" at the top of the Brother's of the Shield forum.
View All Quotes
Quoted:
Quoted:

I have.  Am I being demeaning to police officers by decrying the increasing militarization of local police forces, the erosion of rights by the War on Drugs, or out of control Federal spending?  Or do you just not like dissent here?
Link Posted: 4/18/2014 12:36:04 PM EDT
[#9]
Link Posted: 4/18/2014 1:34:49 PM EDT
[#10]
Quoted:

He didn't ask for comments, he asked that those who would be willing to do something.

You're not willing to do so, and obviously you're not supportive of it either. You've made your point clear now, please stop disrupting the thread.
View All Quotes
Quoted:
Quoted:  I have.  Am I being demeaning to police officers by decrying the increasing militarization of local police forces, the erosion of rights by the War on Drugs, or out of control Federal spending?  Or do you just not like dissent here?

He didn't ask for comments, he asked that those who would be willing to do something.

You're not willing to do so, and obviously you're not supportive of it either. You've made your point clear now, please stop disrupting the thread.

Roger that.  No dissent here.  Moving out.
Link Posted: 4/18/2014 1:48:55 PM EDT
[#11]
I have been a cop for 20 years and dont think that the National Guard should have ANYTHING to do with drug enforcement or law enforcement for that matter, providing training, facilities or anything.

J-
Link Posted: 4/18/2014 3:54:19 PM EDT
[#12]
Quoted:

View All Quotes
Quoted:

How often do you think the FBI calls up local LE making such a request?

Quoted:

There are still rules about posts made in the public BoTS
Please observe them
Link Posted: 4/19/2014 9:50:42 AM EDT
[#13]
I went to computer search, seizure, and examination at NE counter drug about 8 years ago. It was a top notch program. Last time I took my family to Hershey park, we stopped on the way home at Ft. Indiantown gap, to let my daughter watch the helicopters, and for shoofly pie at Funck's.

Iirc a few years back, they lost their funding for a few years, and closed until it was re established.
Link Posted: 4/19/2014 10:02:04 AM EDT
[#14]
Quoted:
I have been a cop for 20 years and dont think that the National Guard should have ANYTHING to do with drug enforcement or law enforcement for that matter, providing training, facilities or anything.

J-
View Quote

You need to learn about interdiction. Their equipment is more important than the training.
Link Posted: 4/19/2014 11:37:35 AM EDT
[#15]
Quoted:

J-
View Quote

You must have never been to any of the counter drug training centers.  They provide top notch training with world class trainers at no cost to the agency.  MCTC IIRC a couple years ago before the funding started drying up trained something like 20,000 cops a year with a $8 mil budget...and that included housing and food for the officers.  And, while the training came under "counter drug" guise, it actually provides FAR more than just counter drug training.  

To put that into perspective....the American taxpayers paid WAY over $100,000,000 for police training in such shitholes as Columbia, Mexico, Afghanistan, Iraq, and various Central American countries.  Look how much good that has done.  Makes the $8,000,000 spent at places like MCTC seem like a pretty good value in comparison eh?

The NG just provides the facilities and a handful of support personnel.  All the actual instructors are recognized experts in their field.  They are not in the military.  

I have attended many training courses through the counter drug training centers and 100% of the training was about how to do a variety of police work while following the rights of the American citizens.  The instructors that I have received training from have been 100% supportive of our constitutional rights.

Next time people whine about how police don't know their job....remember that your local PD is only as good as their training.  Since budgets are tight in many places, training is the first to go.  If your local cops are poorly trained....that's because your community won't provide the proper funding to provide sufficient training.  The counter drug training centers are a great way to get well trained officers at no cost to your local jurisdiction.  

Link Posted: 4/19/2014 11:40:02 AM EDT
[#16]
Quoted:

You need to learn about interdiction. Their equipment is more important than the training.
View All Quotes
Quoted:
Quoted:

J-

I'm interdiction trained. It has nothing to do with the training and/or equipement. Its the fact that a facet of the military is being used in domestic law enforcement. Dont expect many people in LE to understand my thinking.

J-
Link Posted: 4/19/2014 11:41:09 AM EDT
[#17]
Quoted:

I'm interdiction trained. It has nothing to do with the training and/or equipement. Its the fact that a facet of the military is being used in domestic law enforcement. Dont expect many people in LE to understand my thinking.

J-
View All Quotes
Quoted:
Quoted:
Quoted:

J-

J-

That's part of the mission of the NATIONAL GUARD.
Link Posted: 4/19/2014 11:42:21 AM EDT
[#18]
Quoted:

You must have never been to any of the counter drug training centers.  They provide top notch training with world class trainers at no cost to the agency.  MCTC IIRC a couple years ago before the funding started drying up trained something like 20,000 cops a year with a $8 mil budget...and that included housing and food for the officers.  And, while the training came under "counter drug" guise, it actually provides FAR more than just counter drug training.  

To put that into perspective....the American taxpayers paid WAY over $100,000,000 for police training in such shitholes as Columbia, Mexico, Afghanistan, Iraq, and various Central American countries.  Look how much good that has done.  Makes the $8,000,000 spent at places like MCTC seem like a pretty good value in comparison eh?

The NG just provides the facilities and a handful of support personnel.  All the actual instructors are recognized experts in their field.  They are not in the military.  

I have attended many training courses through the counter drug training centers and 100% of the training was about how to do a variety of police work while following the rights of the American citizens.  The instructors that I have received training from have been 100% supportive of our constitutional rights.

Next time people whine about how police don't know their job....remember that your local PD is only as good as their training.  Since budgets are tight in many places, training is the first to go.  If your local cops are poorly trained....that's because your community won't provide the proper funding to provide sufficient training.  The counter drug training centers are a great way to get well trained officers at no cost to your local jurisdiction.  

View All Quotes
Quoted:
Quoted:

J-

My disapproval has nothing to do with the constitution etc. It has to do with a branch of Militrary being used in/for domestic LE.

J-
Link Posted: 4/19/2014 11:43:17 AM EDT
[#19]
Quoted:

View All Quotes
Quoted:
Quoted:
Quoted:
Quoted:

J-

J-

Shouldn't be. Might as well be part of the Marines etc then.

J-
Link Posted: 4/19/2014 11:48:10 AM EDT
[#20]
Quoted:

J-
View All Quotes
Quoted:
Quoted:
Quoted:
Quoted:
Quoted:

J-

J-

J-

Compelling argument there.
Link Posted: 4/19/2014 12:07:32 PM EDT
[#21]
Equalling compelling rebuttal, lmao

J-
Link Posted: 4/19/2014 12:51:13 PM EDT
[#22]
Quoted:

View All Quotes
Quoted:
Quoted:
Quoted:
How about no.

How dare the national guard protect us from the Mexican cartels!!!!

I've never seen NG CD guys kicking doors but it's not like not going to this training is going to prevent them from raiding houses that's basic infantry tactics.  Most of the counter drug guys were 11b or 19d.  What branch of the .mil were you in?
Link Posted: 4/19/2014 5:34:05 PM EDT
[#23]
Quoted:
View Quote

Majority of time. Usually they work in conjunction with locals in a task force. Locals probably hit more doors than they do.
Link Posted: 4/19/2014 7:00:16 PM EDT
[#24]
Quoted:

My disapproval has nothing to do with the constitution etc. It has to do with a branch of Militrary being used in/for domestic LE.

J-
View All Quotes
Quoted:
Quoted:
Quoted:

J-

J-

Using facilities on a National Guard base isn't law enforcement.  It's a place to train.  Gotta train somewhere.  Why buy land and build a training center when you have ready to use facilities?  Using a National Guard base is a good use of taxpayer dollars.  There's no valid reason not to.  

The counter drug training centers only use the bases for a place to train and then they have some NG staff that provide logistical support.  No law enforcement action taking place there.

Your argument makes no sense.  You clearly have never been to one of the counter training centers.  Educate yourself before posting comments that show you don't know what you are talking about.  
Link Posted: 4/19/2014 7:06:40 PM EDT
[#25]
Quoted:

J-
View All Quotes
Quoted:
Quoted:
Quoted:
Quoted:
Quoted:

J-

J-

J-

Then you need to get the mission of the NG changed.  Tell that to your representatives.  Of course, it's not going anywhere because the state governments rely on the NG for some important duties, usually related to disasters.  If the NG was prohibited from working within the US, there would have to be a replacement.  What's your plan for that?  

Link Posted: 4/19/2014 7:16:30 PM EDT
[#26]
Quoted:

J-
View All Quotes
Quoted:
Quoted:
Quoted:
Quoted:
Quoted:

J-

J-

J-

Link Posted: 4/20/2014 5:59:20 AM EDT
[#27]
Quoted:

Majority of time. Usually they work in conjunction with locals in a task force. Locals probably hit more doors than they do.
View All Quotes
Quoted:
Quoted:

I don't believe he was talking about a task force.
It sounded like he was claiming the FBI calls up local PDs and asks them to go kick in doors
Which I've never heard of happening around here even once
Link Posted: 4/20/2014 9:52:39 AM EDT
[#28]
Quoted:

It sounded like he was claiming the FBI calls up local PDs and asks them to go kick in doors
View All Quotes
Quoted:
Quoted:
Quoted:

In my 13 years, never once...... In fact, most local PD's don't get along well with federal agencies. Many years ago, a former chief of my dept, told a SAIC that he would arrest him for obstruction if he ever did anything in our town again without notifying the chief.
Link Posted: 4/20/2014 11:49:28 AM EDT
[#29]
Quoted:

View All Quotes
Quoted:
Quoted:
Quoted:

They do for us. Much easier to obtain a local warrant than a federal one.
Link Posted: 4/21/2014 10:59:43 AM EDT
[#30]
Never received one lick of training from the military.  The real truth is it's the other way around.  We train THEM.  Have a class at Ft Hood for two days next week matter of fact.  I've taught 6 classes so far this year at Ft Hood.

My agency trained the 1st Cav on door-kicking for their initial deployment after 9-11.

Policifying the Army.  What horror.
Link Posted: 4/21/2014 7:08:33 PM EDT
[#31]
Please inform me how being trained to deal with a one pot meth lab equals militarization simply because its learned from a counter drug training center?

Lots of tin foil in here, and a couple low information voters.
Link Posted: 4/22/2014 12:54:26 PM EDT
[#32]
Quoted:
Please inform me how being trained to deal with a one pot meth lab equals militarization simply because its learned from a counter drug training center?

Lots of tin foil in here, and a couple low information voters.
View Quote

Want to REALLY see these guys choke on their spittle?  

The military sends people  to FEMA training centers.   My instructor course at Anniston was a good %70 active duty.
Link Posted: 4/22/2014 1:00:59 PM EDT
[#33]
Were 17Trillion in the hole.  Funding has to be cut everywhere.        

Link Posted: 4/22/2014 1:05:33 PM EDT
[#34]
If my agency isn't paying for it then it must be free, maybe paid for magic beans and fairy dust.

Nothing's free. We route all these tax dollars thru the military be cause that's the path of least resistance. No reason DOD should be involved in the counternarcotics or transnational org crime business. If the training's that valuable it can come thru Justice or DHS. Hope to see it defunded.
Link Posted: 4/22/2014 1:23:16 PM EDT
[#35]
Quoted:
If my agency isn't paying for it then it must be free, maybe paid for magic beans and fairy dust.

Nothing's free. We route all these tax dollars thru the military be cause that's the path of least resistance. No reason DOD should be involved in the counternarcotics or transnational org crime business. If the training's that valuable it can come thru Justice or DHS. Hope to see it defunded.
View Quote

Shut it down and centralize the training at FLETC Glynco.  That way everyone gets to experience the FLETC Crud.
Link Posted: 4/22/2014 11:17:33 PM EDT
[#36]
Quoted:
Were 17Trillion in the hole.  Funding has to be cut everywhere.          
View Quote

No disagreement.  So, why aren't we cutting funding for police training of foreign countries but ARE cutting training for US police officers?  The same elected representatives who voted against funding US police training, are also voting for providing money to fund police training of shithole countries....and that training is clearly turning them from corrupt/inept departments into state of the art/non-corrupt police departments  Such a great use of taxpayer dollars.

There sure are a surprising number of people in this thread showing their ignorance.
Link Posted: 4/23/2014 12:30:44 AM EDT
[#37]
ColtRifle, nailing it.
Link Posted: 4/23/2014 4:31:48 PM EDT
[#38]
I have gone to numerous trainings because of this program. It has been great training, with great instructors. The facilities used were on National Guard bases, but all training was put on by LE. The reason why LE and military are training together is because of an over lap with a lot of the things being observed on the street and on bases across the nation. Street gangs, motorcycle gangs, drugs, and drug interdiction.

For those that have the opportunity to receive some of the trainings, do it!

For those of you that fail to see the connection, take a step back and look at again. The military is a slice of the population, both good and bad. Gangs are sending members into the service to receive up to date training on urban warfare and taking it back to their gang to teach them. The military also needs the newest information available from up to date gang units. In turn we use their facilities to conduct the training.

I've sent my letter to support this program. I hope that it continues.

Link Posted: 5/12/2014 3:02:52 PM EDT
[#39]
Aid to Mexico police almost $1 billion

Glad to see we are wasting so much money on foreign police departments.
Close Join Our Mail List to Stay Up To Date! Win a FREE Membership!

Sign up for the ARFCOM weekly newsletter and be entered to win a free ARFCOM membership. One new winner* is announced every week!

You will receive an email every Friday morning featuring the latest chatter from the hottest topics, breaking news surrounding legislation, as well as exclusive deals only available to ARFCOM email subscribers.

By signing up you agree to our User Agreement. *Must have a registered ARFCOM account to win.
Top Top