Warning

Close

Confirm Action

Are you sure you wish to do this?

Confirm Cancel
BCM
User Panel

Posted: 1/2/2002 2:59:17 PM EDT
First of all, I admit it, I'm not a woman.  I'm just a guy with long hair.  But for some reason, I thought there had to be some woman out there who had already come up with a solution.

I'd like to hear what you ladies have to say.  Post as many diffrent responses as you can.
Link Posted: 1/3/2002 8:22:08 AM EDT
[#1]
how about a haircut Tarzan?

Just kidding...
Link Posted: 1/3/2002 8:27:50 AM EDT
[#2]
Link Posted: 1/3/2002 8:30:12 AM EDT
[#3]
One word:
Braids
Link Posted: 1/3/2002 8:46:19 AM EDT
[#4]
What?  You think only the ladies have problems with this?  Oh, yes, only the ladies would have figured this out.  I'm offended! Discrimination!  Discrimination! Discrimination!

Just kidding [:)]

How long is your hair?

I usually wear a boonie hat or some sort of headgear and tuck it up underneath if necessary. Of course, my hair isn't all that long; when its pulled back there's maybe 6-7 inches of ponytail, but it does get in the way sometimes.  I suppose if you've got a foot or two back there, the hat may not work so well.
Link Posted: 1/3/2002 9:13:59 AM EDT
[#5]
Link Posted: 1/3/2002 10:05:38 AM EDT
[#6]
Quoted:
Of course, my hair isn't all that long; when its pulled back there's maybe 6-7 inches of ponytail
View Quote

I'd hate to see what you would consider long.............sheesh!
Link Posted: 1/3/2002 11:10:14 AM EDT
[#7]
i just recently got my hair cut.  but before the snip job, it was down to my lower back.  i also knotted it up (figuratively speaking) in one of those hair scrunchy things.  but i doubt that this is a fashionable hair-do for the guys with long hair.

i've never really had a problem with the ponytail getting caught in the sling though.  i've been trying to figure out how that happens.
Link Posted: 1/3/2002 12:01:59 PM EDT
[#8]
sure, getting it caught in a sling is one thing, but what if you got it caught in like a browning 1919 action, or a GE gattling gun?
Link Posted: 1/3/2002 4:51:46 PM EDT
[#9]
how bout dredlocs [puke]
Link Posted: 1/3/2002 4:52:38 PM EDT
[#10]
Link Posted: 1/3/2002 4:59:16 PM EDT
[#11]
You can wear it in a bun or "fountain" it off the top of your head under your hat.
Link Posted: 1/3/2002 5:11:10 PM EDT
[#12]
I put mine into a ponytail and then wear one of those neck things, it's like a dicky but its a headcovering. (Public headcovering-not private) That you can pull up as far as you need, keeps the neck warm and some of the lose hairs out of the scopesight, when the wind blows.
Link Posted: 1/3/2002 10:00:35 PM EDT
[#13]
Link Posted: 1/3/2002 10:32:25 PM EDT
[#14]
Try this---> [url]http://www.folica.com/fashion/hairdiniwand.htm[/url]
[img]http://www.folica.com/fashion/images/hairdiniwand.jpg[/img][:D]
Link Posted: 1/6/2002 3:51:46 PM EDT
[#15]
Just ask G.I. Jane for hair styling advice.
[img]http://www.wpcmath.com/films/gijane/gijane4.jpg[/img]

[b]ArmaLiter[/b]
Link Posted: 1/9/2002 11:05:17 PM EDT
[#16]
I would have to say that best answer for this is common sense.  I am not try'n to sound mean but it is true.  I use saws all the time.  And other high rev. things.  And if anything gets caught in these, that is it.  I am lucky if I get one mistake and live to tell about it.  If you have long hair, ponytail it, then, tuck it under you shirt, or put it in to a ball, a cut can be nice to.  Just check loose items first and deal with it acordingly.
Link Posted: 1/10/2002 3:43:13 AM EDT
[#17]
I'm a former pony-tailer, now bald. Back in the early 70's, I saw lots of them in industry (I come from Ag/Imp capital), and some that caught in machinery. Not pretty. I used multiple bands to control mine when machining, and also on the Pan, but that was just so I didn't have to pull half of it out trying to straighten up after a ride. Band it at least twice.
Close Join Our Mail List to Stay Up To Date! Win a FREE Membership!

Sign up for the ARFCOM weekly newsletter and be entered to win a free ARFCOM membership. One new winner* is announced every week!

You will receive an email every Friday morning featuring the latest chatter from the hottest topics, breaking news surrounding legislation, as well as exclusive deals only available to ARFCOM email subscribers.

By signing up you agree to our User Agreement. *Must have a registered ARFCOM account to win.
Top Top