Good point
Link Posted: 12/16/2004 3:47:56 AM EDT
[#3]
Wonder who THAT was directed at?
Ok, done wondering.

<lookin around>  Well... Hello Ladies
Link Posted: 1/7/2005 6:10:09 PM EDT
[#4]
after 10 yrs of marriage, found out: happy wife......happy life......

meat
Link Posted: 1/22/2005 8:05:53 PM EDT
[#5]

Originally Posted By npd233:

C_C, probably.
Link Posted: 1/22/2005 8:15:07 PM EDT
[#6]
Link Posted: 1/23/2005 8:57:10 AM EDT
[#7]

Originally Posted By Merlin:

C_C, probably.

I actually forgot. I went searching a bit and still couldn't figure it out. Oh well, I guess he wasn't that important to remember.

Link Posted: 3/16/2005 5:01:03 PM EDT
[#8]

Originally Posted By thebeekeeper1:
This forum belongs to our ladies and is considered to be among the "technical forums" and posts within it are to be very polite and "top shelf."  Please conduct yourselves as though you are in the company of your mother or grandmother.  The ladies get a bit rowdy, but it's their forum.  Men are expected to be very polite and respectful.  Thank you.  

Good advise! +1
Link Posted: 10/29/2005 1:03:30 AM EDT
[#9]
coughdoublestandard cough
Link Posted: 10/29/2005 2:02:45 AM EDT
[#10]

Originally Posted By fla556guy:
coughdoublestandard cough

+1
Link Posted: 11/1/2005 10:11:46 PM EDT
[#11]
First off, I fail to see the point of a gender-specific shooting forum. Any residue of discussion about firearms and shooting unique to females (or blacks or homosexuals or the handicapped, beyond those of white ambulatory heterosexual males), whether technical or general in nature, can readily be assimilated by existing forum formats without the need or added pretense of a separate venue. Second, that politeness, virtue and cleanliness of speech are something you see fit to advise only men about evidences a laughable Victorian-Norman Rockwell view of women that has not seen the light of day for at least fifty years prior to Monica Lewinsky going down on her knees. The idea that women have unique firearm discussion needs or interests that warrant a special forum is a crock.
Link Posted: 11/2/2005 2:00:34 AM EDT
[#12]

Originally Posted By LudwigWittgenstein:
First off, I fail to see the point of a gender-specific shooting forum. Any residue of discussion about firearms and shooting unique to females (or blacks or homosexuals or the handicapped, beyond those of white ambulatory heterosexual males), whether technical or general in nature, can readily be assimilated by existing forum formats without the need or added pretense of a separate venue. Second, that politeness, virtue and cleanliness of speech are something you see fit to advise only men about evidences a laughable Victorian-Norman Rockwell view of women that has not seen the light of day for at least fifty years prior to Monica Lewinsky going down on her knees. The idea that women have unique firearm discussion needs or interests that warrant a special forum is a crock.

Well, first of all, welcome to AR15.com. I see you just recently joined. If you can't see the need for a forum for the ladies to have a place to talk about things without the ruff-tuff locker room atmosphere that exists throughout the rest of the forum, then you need to just sit back and observe for a while before you begin telling the rest of us what will or won't work here.

This forum isn't about women's shooting issues, it's a forum for Women shooters to converse with each other, on any matter they choose. Think of it as their kitchen compared to the guys' garages, if that's what it takes for you to understand.

I hope your next post in this forum is a little more respectful.
Link Posted: 11/2/2005 12:09:18 PM EDT
[#13]

Well, first of all, welcome to AR15.com. I see you just recently joined. If you can't see the need for a forum for the ladies to have a place to talk about things without the ruff-tuff locker room atmosphere that exists throughout the rest of the forum, then you need to just sit back and observe for a while before you begin telling the rest of us what will or won't work here.

This forum isn't about women's shooting issues, it's a forum for Women shooters to converse with each other, on any matter they choose. Think of it as their kitchen compared to the guys' garages, if that's what it takes for you to understand.

First off, do not patronize me. I frequented this forum for several years before joining. Second, I do not share your characterization that a "ruff-tuff locker room atmosphere" exists throughout the rest of the forum; that there are garbage mouths and loud mouths on some boards certainly goes without saying, but this is not a matter of nor determined by gender, and this Southern Belle perception of women you have is patently anachronistic. Third, that this forum is not about women's shooting issues but rather a place where women shooters can converse "on any matter" is precisely to my original point: Why? And in what defensible way does desire for such interaction necessitate a place separate from the General Discussion forum, any more than gay, black, latino or handicapped male participants necessitate their own special venue? Lastly,  my respect or lack of it is not the issue; rather, it is the respect or lack of it women have for themselves that they should need a haven away from those whose sport they share, other than logging off or going to other forums where their interest in shooting is as inconsequential as it obviously is here.
Link Posted: 11/2/2005 12:28:52 PM EDT
[#14]
The easiest way for you to solve your conundrum is to sign off Ar15.com and find somewhere else more to your liking. The owners of this private site can do what they want, and have.
Link Posted: 11/2/2005 12:38:20 PM EDT
[#15]
Link Posted: 11/2/2005 12:40:31 PM EDT
[Last Edit: LudwigWittgenstein] [#16]

The easiest way for you to solve your conundrum is to sign off Ar15.com and find somewhere else more to your liking. The owners of this private site can do what they want, and have.

I don't have a conundrum. That you choose to so characterize my response or to merely state the obvious that this is a private site certainly avoids the issue entirely, doesn't it? You ladies have a nice time now. What a hoot.
Link Posted: 11/18/2005 11:28:35 PM EDT
[#17]
Replying at this point in time may or may not be a good idea.  However I am going to attempt to pull it off.  I think the problem that is upsetting a lot of people (many who are afraid to comment) is that some of the rules in this forum are gender specific.  It sets a double standard.  I hate double standards, no matter which way they are designed to benifit.  I am one who believes that all are equal to everyone else, but are also unique unto themselves.  If I made a rule in the GD that all women would have to identify their gender in their posts, there would be an uproar.  Limiting the opinions of males on a discussion board does not breed open discussion, it breeds annoyment that sets the tone for the rest of the posts, no matter what value they may be.  Sure I disagree, and I agree that I can disagree without it being a major issue.  However I feel that the following statement can sum up what everyone is thinking:

While understanding that nobody is required to post in a certian area, and that the site staff may do as they please, making rules to keep men from being able to voice their complete opinions, even when the posts are critical of them, will not resolve the matter, it will make it worse.  I have no problem with the ladies having their own thread, but being a public thread (not locked except to women), it may be used to bait and hassle the men.  The women can post whatever they want, but the men are not able to respond, but when the converse is true, women are allowed to post whatever response that they deem necessary because there are no "women please remain respectfull and such" type rule for anywhere us males can post without restriction.  

Please take this as an observation more than a complaint.  It was meerly an observation about what i noticed and why it may be such a "hot topic" with us guys.

Link Posted: 11/19/2005 9:06:32 PM EDT
[#18]
Well said, thebeekeeper1.

Some folks just don't get it...
Link Posted: 4/5/2006 9:18:56 AM EDT
[#19]
Link Posted: 4/8/2006 4:51:39 PM EDT
[#20]
+1  
Link Posted: 4/19/2006 8:08:09 PM EDT
[Last Edit: jenn70] [#21]

First off, do not patronize me. I frequented this forum for several years before joining. Second, I do not share your characterization that a "ruff-tuff locker room atmosphere" exists throughout the rest of the forum; that there are garbage mouths and loud mouths on some boards certainly goes without saying, but this is not a matter of nor determined by gender, and this Southern Belle perception of women you have is patently anachronistic. Third, that this forum is not about women's shooting issues but rather a place where women shooters can converse "on any matter" is precisely to my original point: Why? And in what defensible way does desire for such interaction necessitate a place separate from the General Discussion forum, any more than gay, black, latino or handicapped male participants necessitate their own special venue? Lastly,  my respect or lack of it is not the issue; rather, it is the respect or lack of it women have for themselves that they should need a haven away from those whose sport they share, other than logging off or going to other forums where their interest in shooting is as inconsequential as it obviously is here.

It is probable that this was the wrong evening for me to stumble into this thread. that having been said....who are you to attack a gender specific forum? 1) Females DO have specific "shooting issues" that males cannot comprehend? "Like What" your self ritious ass is sure to ask...how about, what's the best way to carry pregnant? With what kind of holster? Or "I love to shoot all the time, but when I'm on my period I tend to get aggitated and don't enjoy it as much if my accuracy isn't what I think it should be. Anyone else deal with that?" Or Maybe even I have a 38D chest, my husband got me this great Molle vest for spare mags to hand on the front, but it's just not comfortable to shoot with ALL that on my chest....how do I tell him without hurting his feelings?"  2) This is a sactuary where WE can feel comfortable discussing ANYTHING in any manner we wish to convey it. If we care to be 'crude' or 'rowdy' amongst ourselves are we not entitled to that? Are we not entitled to post a picture of ourselves with a new drop leg holster wothout seeing a post commenting on the ass that's holding it up by a male?
If we care to be 'rowdy' in other forums then we invite like responses, here we can "be ourselves" to whatever end and who are you to challenge our entitlement to that. The national community of female shooter, though growing, is minute by comparison to that of males and you have the audacity to stand on a soap box and correct a well mannered request from a respected and valued member of this site and a welcomed contributor to this forum.  
If you don't like that fact that there is a "Womens Forum" the problem is yours and rest assured your avatar will not be missed should you choose to never grace us with it again.    
Link Posted: 4/19/2006 8:24:21 PM EDT
[Last Edit: thebeekeeper1] [#22]
Link Posted: 4/20/2006 9:29:22 AM EDT
[Last Edit: npd233] [#23]

Originally Posted By thebeekeeper1:

Pssst--

LudwigWittgenstein

Last Post Date ::
11/30/2005 6:11:06 PM CDT

Edit:  Upon checking it turns out he was nothing but a two-bit troll--and he is banned from the site:

Locked :: 11/30/2005 7:24:26 PM :: by -brass-
Generalized Asshattery and disrupting the hometown forum (WA)

Unlocked :: 11/3/2005 6:09:22 PM :: by VA-gunnut
After email discussion, account has been unlocked.

Locked :: 11/3/2005 7:46:09 AM :: by VA-gunnut
Disrupting the RF: http://www.ar15.com/forums/topic.html?b=1&f=135&t=405283 1 week timeout

The above is the lock record, as seen by staff.  As you can see, he went from forum to forum causing problems.  Like a noisome mosquito, he's been swatted.  

Wow... I'd forgotten about that guy.

Link Posted: 5/20/2006 4:14:00 AM EDT
[#24]
Hi ladies, this is my first time trekking over here to your thread and the only reason I'm here is because my brand new wife just became interested in MY hobbies.  YEAH!  

Anyways, I was reading the dialog between several of you ladies and this dude, LudwigWittgenstein, and I just had to make a comment.

At first, I was going to invite Ludwig to come out of the kitchen and back out in the garage with us guys and leave you ladies alone.  After reading a little further and finding out that he got locked for being an ass, I'd rather invite him to leave.  

My point is, I agree with you.  This is a particular thread just for women and I like that.  You do have certain issues that are specific to you and that we probably wouldn't understand.  I liked the kitchen versus garage analogy and the way I see it, it works like this:  If my wife and her friends are having a discussion in the kitchen and I walk in to grab a beer or some tea, I may listen in for a bit and if I feel like its warranted I may make a comment or two to clear up some misunderstandings.  But the tone will be respectful and by the rules of politeness and discussion.  However, if my friends and I are out in the garage drinking a beer or two and talking about guns, cars, women (are there any other topics?) and my wife decides to come out, sit down and join in the conversation, the rules will not change because she is there.  Neither will the language.  She knows this and she understands it.

So there you go.  Enjoy your thread...I'm headed back out to the garage.  Next time, maybe she'll BRING me a beer. LOL
Link Posted: 5/21/2006 8:48:02 PM EDT
[#25]
Link Posted: 6/7/2006 2:51:46 PM EDT
[#26]
I agree with everything everyone is saying.  Women need their own space and their own place.  Guys do not want to discuss our periods, cranky and don't want to shoot, what do I do about carrying concealed when I weigh 100lbs soaking wet, etc, etc.  I love this forum!
Link Posted: 6/7/2006 3:38:01 PM EDT
[Last Edit: Shane333] [#27]

Frankly, I don't see what all the fuss was ever about.  Considering how tolerant the ladies have been of me when I've strolled through here, any other man with half a sense of decency shouldn't have any problems.

Oh, and CHLmama, you can't talk about being soaking wet around AR15.com without receiving the obligatory request for you to post pictures.
Link Posted: 6/7/2006 9:22:27 PM EDT
[#28]
OK, I'll be sure to post some pics of my Lab soaking wet!
Link Posted: 1/27/2008 1:42:53 AM EDT
[Last Edit: thebeekeeper1] [#29]
<Removed--along with posting privileges.  This was one of the more unwise spots on the entire site to attack another member.  --tbk1>
Link Posted: 2/24/2008 2:20:58 PM EDT
[#30]
we should all just get along what ever jender, or race this is a forum for all of us to get on here and share feelings , points of view on guns and to learn from each other. a place to hang out
as for the choc i agree syp1grll  bring on the choc
Link Posted: 4/6/2009 2:12:44 PM EDT
[#31]
I'm glad there is a place for ladies here.  I think my husband takes offense to me cruising "his" forums LOL.  Anyway, I'm happy to be here.
Link Posted: 10/20/2009 8:31:34 PM EDT
[#32]
Hi,
 I'm a newbie, directed here by my brother.  He has taught and continues to teach me about guns and rifles.  Thanks to him I now own a .357 revolver, but I want to learn more.  I love going shooting with him.
 I have wandered to GD and other topics, but I am thinking this is the part of the forum that I should stay at until I learn lots more.

So I please have patience with me as I learn.

Thanks much.
Link Posted: 1/17/2011 6:28:31 PM EDT
[#33]
I agree that forums don't need to be gender specific, just like life, unless we're referring to certain events where women or men are obviously at a disadvantage/advantage, such as physical events (sometimes), where men and women are (usually) clearly different. Shooting and guns though are only made "gender specific" by accident or by the media. And the politeness/respectfulness could go either way. Women have been known to be completely disrespectful such as by running around naked (or in very little clothing) in public and taking pictures of themselves and trying to get "attention". That's just disrespectful to everyone. And men are just as disrespectful by encourage such behavior. But that's just one example of the many situations where both genders apparently need constant reminders to grow up and know the consequences before they speak and act. I can see why some people would like having this forum though. Completely understandable, and I respect everyone's opinions that I've seen so far here.

However, I think that it's kind of silly to think that someone who states their opinion about NOT having a separate women's forum is being "disrespectful". There are going to be people who think both ways, don't care, or who have another opinion all together, and it's not disrespectful, it's just realistic. Personally, I think arguing about it, no matter what your opinion, is just a waste of emotional energy, if anyone is getting hyped up about it, that is.

Link Posted: 1/24/2011 10:59:39 AM EDT
[#34]
So far, lots of griping about the double standard.  Yet nothing of substance to verify the need that women shooters need a separate venue to discuss anything.  So far, the only thing I see being discussed is the "be polite" warning.  I always thought that "be polite" was standard operating practice here.  

Well, except for many of the home town forums.  I have brought up the rude, and outright hostile behavior that exists in some of the home town forums, and even the moderators won't do anything about it.  The "moderator" in one of the forums wouldn't even respond to the email.
Link Posted: 1/24/2011 11:50:16 AM EDT
[#35]
Originally Posted By Genin:
So far, lots of griping about the double standard.  Yet nothing of substance to verify the need that women shooters need a separate venue to discuss anything.  So far, the only thing I see being discussed is the "be polite" warning.  I always thought that "be polite" was standard operating practice here.  

Well, except for many of the home town forums.  I have brought up the rude, and outright hostile behavior that exists in some of the home town forums, and even the moderators won't do anything about it.  The "moderator" in one of the forums wouldn't even respond to the email.

I think you miss the point - the site owners don't have to "verify" the need for anything here.  There is no need for any of the subforums - for that matter, there is no need for this entire site. The Women's shooter forum exists because the site owners, the female members, and most of the male members, WANT it that way.  They LIKE it that way.  And, due to the glorious action of the 1st and 4th amendments, they can HAVE it that way.  Think it's stupid?  That's cool - have fun with the debate.  But requiring that someone prove their "need" for something sounds a whole like the reason a lot of us are here to begin with - you know, how no one "needs" 33 rd mags, or bayonet lugs, or guns in general.
Link Posted: 1/31/2011 9:41:47 AM EDT
[#36]
Originally Posted By R2point0:
Originally Posted By Genin:

I think you miss the point - the site owners don't have to "verify" the need for anything here.  There is no need for any of the subforums - for that matter, there is no need for this entire site. The Women's shooter forum exists because the site owners, the female members, and most of the male members, WANT it that way.  They LIKE it that way.  And, due to the glorious action of the 1st and 4th amendments, they can HAVE it that way.  Think it's stupid?  That's cool - have fun with the debate.  But requiring that someone prove their "need" for something sounds a whole like the reason a lot of us are here to begin with - you know, how no one "needs" 33 rd mags, or bayonet lugs, or guns in general.

I am in complete agreement that the site owners can do whatever they want as it is their web site.  I guess my point was more along the lines that I hadn't seen anyone being rude or insulting to women, hence the warning was largely unnecessary.  Being polite is part of the rules of behavior all members must agree to in order to gain access to this site, and that is appropriate.  The extra warning to be respectful was therefor redundant.  I am pleased that from what I have seen, people are largely respectful of the women coming onto this site.  But again, if the site owners want to post it, whether I think it is redundant, unnecessary, or not is irrelevant.  

With the exception of some of the home town forums, most people on this site behave fairly well.  On the HTF's even the moderators won't boot people who blatantly disregard rules of conduct.  Case in point is one member who told someone to shove a bayonet up his #ss, jump in a snowbank and break it off.  I thought a simple "I disagree" would have been sufficient.  But the person who posted the insult didn't even receive a warning.  Some consistency would be nice.

I don't think the warning is/was stupid, those are your words.  I thought it was redundant and unnecessary.  But I don't own the site.  If I were the site owner, I would simply boot anyone who fails to disagree without name calling or insults.  Disagreements are fine when done respectfully, and intelligently.  Name calling and insults do not help prove any point, they simply make the person hurling the insults look less intelligent, and prove that they have run out of ways to prove their point of view.

In saying I am missing the point, I'm not sure which point you are referring to.   If I am understanding you correctly, your point was/is that the owners don't need to justify anything because it is their web site, I agree.

Link Posted: 1/31/2011 12:57:37 PM EDT
[#37]
Link Posted: 1/31/2011 6:35:28 PM EDT
[#38]
OK, I understand.  Some of the threads and areas on this forum are still on the "barbaric" side.  I noted one instance in my posting, and that particular home town forum is rife with insults, threats, name calling, and even telling people whose locale isn't the same to "go away".  Even when this was brought to the attention of the moderator, and site owner, nothing was done about it.  

As this area has been "cleaned up" since 2004, I wasn't aware of the history.  I have no patience for people of any group who are not willing to behave in a civilized fashion.  I think it is praiseworthy that this thread has a monitor with the courage to toss people out when they don't behave.  I wish there was more of that on ARFCOM.  

The refusal of some moderators to do anything about bad behavior has largely gotten me to emigrate to more "professional" shooting sites.  As a result, I am only on ARFCOM as a secondary, or tertiary choice.
Link Posted: 1/31/2011 8:47:09 PM EDT
[#39]
Link Posted: 3/8/2011 10:14:52 PM EDT
[#40]
<table]<tr]<td]

YEA , WHAT SHE SAID ABOVE!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!Now for what I say,SHUT IT,no one cares what you your OPINION is.It's their collum if you don't like how it is run or what it is for your allowed to leave.So don't be a DEMOCRAT and try controling someones buisness. Remember,these are women that own guns and know how to use them
Link Posted: 3/5/2012 8:46:32 AM EDT
[Last Edit: Kacer] [#41]
Originally Posted By jenn70:

It is probable that this was the wrong evening for me to stumble into this thread. that having been said....who are you to attack a gender specific forum? 1) Females DO have specific "shooting issues" that males cannot comprehend? "Like What" your self ritious ass is sure to ask...how about, what's the best way to carry pregnant? With what kind of holster? Or "I love to shoot all the time, but when I'm on my period I tend to get aggitated and don't enjoy it as much if my accuracy isn't what I think it should be. Anyone else deal with that?" Or Maybe even I have a 38D chest, my husband got me this great Molle vest for spare mags to hand on the front, but it's just not comfortable to shoot with ALL that on my chest....how do I tell him without hurting his feelings?"  2) This is a sactuary where WE can feel comfortable discussing ANYTHING in any manner we wish to convey it. If we care to be 'crude' or 'rowdy' amongst ourselves are we not entitled to that? Are we not entitled to post a picture of ourselves with a new drop leg holster wothout seeing a post commenting on the ass that's holding it up by a male?
If we care to be 'rowdy' in other forums then we invite like responses, here we can "be ourselves" to whatever end and who are you to challenge our entitlement to that. The national community of female shooter, though growing, is minute by comparison to that of males and you have the audacity to stand on a soap box and correct a well mannered request from a respected and valued member of this site and a welcomed contributor to this forum.  
If you don't like that fact that there is a "Womens Forum" the problem is yours and rest assured your avatar will not be missed should you choose to never grace us with it again.    [/div]

Oh I like her.

And may I say, I think it was likely the PERFECT evening for you to stumble into the thread.

Link Posted: 7/3/2013 2:17:02 AM EDT
[Last Edit: VA-gunnut] [#42]
I'm a retard that can't link pics

Link Posted: 8/21/2013 12:36:23 AM EDT
[#43]
Women shooters? Don't you mean.....shooters?
Link Posted: 8/21/2013 12:44:04 AM EDT
[#44]
Discussion ForumsJump to Quoted PostQuote History
Originally Posted By mysticookiebear:
Women shooters? Don't you mean.....shooters?
View Quote

Are you saying that a forum for women who shoot isn't useful? I don't post here that much, but I've found I've had typically female shooting issues. I'm not just a shooter, I'm definitely a woman shooter, with the weak hands and weapon concealment issues that many other women shooters have. Men and women are different, and that's ok.
Link Posted: 2/4/2016 5:22:29 PM EDT
[Last Edit: Him] [#45]
It has always seemed to me that the ladies who post in GD are very well respected, and fit in quite well. I would be happy to call any of them "friend".

I do not ever recall seeing any of them play the "gender card" at any time.
Link Posted: 9/21/2016 1:01:09 AM EDT
[#46]
I am glad that our ladie friends have found a hobby in shooting down range! No issue with me.
Link Posted: 1/6/2018 9:24:40 PM EDT
[#47]
WELL SAID!  Sick of the gender card plays.
Close Join Our Mail List to Stay Up To Date! Win a FREE Membership!

Sign up for the ARFCOM weekly newsletter and be entered to win a free ARFCOM membership. One new winner* is announced every week!

You will receive an email every Friday morning featuring the latest chatter from the hottest topics, breaking news surrounding legislation, as well as exclusive deals only available to ARFCOM email subscribers.

By signing up you agree to our User Agreement. *Must have a registered ARFCOM account to win.
Top Top