Warning

Close

Confirm Action

Are you sure you wish to do this?

Confirm Cancel
BCM
User Panel

Posted: 6/1/2017 2:02:51 PM EDT
I couldn't decide whether to put this in Team, or Books, or here, but I am specifically looking for the female take on something so here it lands... Gender advancement and neutrality and traditional notions or whatever the current PC stuff is aside, when you are reading a book and there is a tasteful - NOT 50 Shades of Grey - type of sex scene, do you, or do you feel that other people, and women specifically, leave with a better feeling for that book? Be it credibility, or not feeling like it was just some under sexed male pervert writing, or whatever the case may be, is that book - all other things being equal with an interesting plot, engaging and likable characters and all that, is that book better received if written by a woman?

And maybe I'm overthinking and over-explaining it, but coming from a guy, guys will read anything and generally not think much of it if there was a sex scene or action sequence or whatever, we either like it as a whole, or we don't. If a person is writing to a target audience of late teens on up, and women are the majority of readers in in that group, I'm interested to see if the take away may be better received if it is written, or at least co-written by a woman. Thoughts?
Close Join Our Mail List to Stay Up To Date! Win a FREE Membership!

Sign up for the ARFCOM weekly newsletter and be entered to win a free ARFCOM membership. One new winner* is announced every week!

You will receive an email every Friday morning featuring the latest chatter from the hottest topics, breaking news surrounding legislation, as well as exclusive deals only available to ARFCOM email subscribers.

By signing up you agree to our User Agreement. *Must have a registered ARFCOM account to win.
Top Top